HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

hitesh

LCH needs better graphics ,at least the yellow lion should look furious ..........

Devil's Lawyer

LCH needs better graphics ,at least the yellow lion should look furious ..........

Its a LCHprototype pic the real one will not have a lion at all ... :rofl:

I have some real good pics if some one can help me out with inserting images from Computer

In between I am confused about its name as earlier It was named "JANMEjay" and now i read somewhere the name TigerBIrd. Its finally a decent heli coming out of HAL/DRDO where we can put our money.

Now what i wish to see is this heli and investment on chinook and apache getting fruitful when welcome out with heavy class attack helis thats what we actually need but can not afford. (22 armed apache cost around 1.4 billion something and maintenance will cost a lot too in future.)

Guys what you think about the speed... initially the 295 km target was drawn on paper but then reduced to 275 and now 220 km is what it can achieve though it is said that it will catch up about 250- 260 but with loaded configuration who knows what will it be?? now How much you believe in DRDo again?? i guess its going to be late too..

Bang Bang Bang :toilet:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Where you learn about names? there are no naming...

In between I am confused about its name as earlier It was named "JANMEjay" and now i read somewhere the name TigerBIrd. Its finally a decent heli coming out of HAL/DRDO where we can put our money.
------------------------

How come Apache is what we need and not LCH ? , LCH is design as per Indian needs..

IAF was interested in something fancy, they got it..

Now what i wish to see is this heli and investment on chinook and apache getting fruitful when welcome out with heavy class attack helis thats what we actually need but can not afford. (22 armed apache cost around 1.4 billion something and maintenance will cost a lot too in future.)
--------------------------

Reduced ? please provide some links..

DRDO / HAL / ADA making, designing LCH ?

Thanks..

Guys what you think about the speed... initially the 295 km target was drawn on paper but then reduced to 275 and now 220 km is what it can achieve though it is said that it will catch up about 250- 260 but with loaded configuration who knows what will it be?? now How much you believe in DRDo again?? i guess its going to be late too..
==============
==============
==============
==============

There is tool bar above the Quick post window, From right the third option ' Insert Image ' is use for inserting image ( Copy the image ULR ) and then post..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The HAL Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) is a multirole combat helicopter being developed in India by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) ..

DRDO providing its research work, like composite Armored panels and etc..

Way to go DRDO!!!!!!:thumb:

Devil's Lawyer

Where you learn about names? there are no naming...

------------------------

How come Apache is what we need and not LCH ? , LCH is design as per Indian needs..

IAF was interested in something fancy, they got it..

--------------------------

Reduced ? please provide some links..

DRDO / HAL / ADA making, designing LCH ?

Thanks..

==============
==============
==============
==============

There is tool bar above the Quick post window, From right the third option ' Insert Image ' is use for inserting image ( Copy the image ULR ) and then post..
The name Janmejay I found on a site when the first prototype was launched it is based on a ancient king meaning Born Winner :scared1:

The name Tiger Bird is quite famous right now a bit surprised that you don't know use the link as am not allowed to post any links its in pk defence

ht tp :/ /w w w. ----------- /forums/indian-defence/210027-tai-agustawestland-t-129-vs-hal-light-combat-helicopter. html

Here you can see the image where it is mentioned as Tiger Bird.

Yes we do need Apache in more numbers just that can not afford expensive platforms LCH is a step in that direction also am not saying LCH is not what we need.. We need Made in India products for sure but if you think that LCHis awesome.. well then it's not but yes Pakistan got nothing so the purpose is served beside there are benefits of a Light heli operating to.

But you do understand what a single Apache like Platforms can do for us. Chinook... i just love the design though MI-26 has more space for transport but it can not match the avionics and systems that USA got.

IAF is not prime user of these helis Indian Army will be.. And a combat heli is not for fancy competition around I love LCH just want to see this platform to improve on into a real lethal weapon to kick ass of not just po* kis (can i use that word?) but also the best of future.

HAl is making LCh (sorry fine now) but many aspects are taken care of by DRDO too right.. thats how these things developed i guess.
That's why I used the word HAL/ DRDO
guess you mentioned it yourself now.

Reduced? yes it is just google it will find that.. from 295 to 275 is well known and now in trials clocked 215-220 will not be able to catch even 275

I myself used to be a big bias towards Indian products but now i like to have a unbias view though still like to kick some paki ass will love if we all do the same but why not we let us actually know what's happening instead of doing blah blah (lol i used to do that for tejas a lot not anymore)

I love the first pic.. but wanted to post pic from my desktop directly as am too lazy ass to create URL link for them Thanks! you guys are really good but now am a little more greedy how about LCH Videos ? :p

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Fan naming or our Media nomenclature, there are no names for LCH yet..

Please don't post terrorist forum links..

The name Janmejay I found on a site when the first prototype was launched it is based on a ancient king meaning Born Winner :scared1:

Here you can see the image where it is mentioned as Tiger Bird
==================
==================

LCH is awesome and perhaps better than AH-64D in some regards in Indian context ONLY !

1. Cheaper Unit, Cheaper Operational costs due to smaller engines..

2. Logistics are same with Dhruv..

3. Higher ceiling and longer Range..

4. Made In India

LCH is light weight but does not meant its not Armored enough to take 23mm shells, Similar to AH-64..

&

LCH payload is sufficient consist of 20mm cannon and 4x68mm rocket pods or 16 x lahat / PARA3 ATGM or 8X helina ATGM..

----------

The only thing AH-64D offer obove all is Radar guided Hellfire, Other wise she is more or less matched by LCH in terms of firepower..

Yes we do need Apache in more numbers just that can not afford expensive platforms, LCH is a step in that direction also am not saying LCH is not what we need.. We need Made in India products for sure but if you think that LCH is awesome.. well then it's not

But you do understand what a single Apache like Platforms can do for us.
==================
==================

Not final Prototype, TD-3 will be more lighter and improved based on TD-2..

Pictures posted above post ( TD-2 )

Reduced? yes it is just google it will find that.. from 295 to 275 is well known and now in trials clocked 215-220 will not be able to catch even 275
==================
==================

We Indians have to understand, That our Wars in future wont be with a small depended country but a well oiled self depended country, Imports are no longer a solution, We have stand on our own feet..

I myself used to be a big bias towards Indian products
===================
===================

You can always use ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I love the first pic.. but wanted to post pic from my desktop directly as am too lazy ass to create URL link for them Thanks! you guys are really good but now am a little more greedy how about LCH Videos ? :p

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Published on Mar 28, 2013

Watch the LCH action. Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) is a multirole combat helicopter being developed in India by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for use by the Indian Air Force and the Indian Army. The LCH is being designed to fit into an anti-infantry and anti-armour role and will be able to operate at high altitudes.It has a maximum weight of 5.5 tonnes, and has a service ceiling of 6,500 meters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Devil's Lawyer

JANMEJAY IS NO FAN POSTING BUT A NAME SUGGESTED INSIDE HAL

Tiger Bird well it may be because thats what made me comfused as janmejay is what HAL officials were saying while Tiger bird i saw in the pic thats been used in many other forums.

Lol even i don't wish to use that forum thats why i left that but we must agree we need to have some punch over here too since we need to learn a lesson or two the way that forum is marketed they have opened up forums and thread for other nation too we should also do that for our friends nation like vietnam srilanka make them understand that we have all the good wish for them.

Your Indian context thing is satisfying (though don't used the Phrase " LCH is better than apache" :rolleyes:). And AT ITS BEST LCH can be half as good as Apache. Do you have any idea about the avionics and ew warfare USA possess?) We need Apache like platform thats what i said and yes we do but i want them Indian made not imported. (we are not Saudi Arabia nor do we want to depend on anyone..(wanna show my mid finger to french too.. for robbing us taking advantage of our IAF situation)

And yes i said it myself that the protype clocked 220 km only and the sources are trying to increase the speed but at max will touch about 260 now what about when this small heli will be flying AT ITS TOP CEILING WITH PAYLOAD? THATS WHY I SAID THE SPEED IS NEVER GOING TO BE 295 AND EVEN 275 LOOKS DISTANT any way should serve the purpose of Indian army

Yes I agree to an extent our army and airforce don't understand how other nations have developed their R & D. They should be supported by the armed forces for say induct tejas as they are order them if not as a fighter jet they will always serve the purpose of advance trainer jet capable of combat operation. Indigenous industry need to be backed as Russian and French did China is doing.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Can you post some link to back your claim ? ( Not fourm link )

Thanks..

JANMEJAY IS NO FAN POSTING BUT A NAME SUGGESTED INSIDE HAL
=======================
=======================

I don't see beyond Indian context coz rest is not cup of my tea..

You have data in front of you read that, If you cannot understand, Then It is your mindset..

Your Indian context thing is satisfying (though don't used the Phrase " LCH is better than apache" :rolleyes:). And AT ITS BEST LCH can be half as good as Apache. Do you have any idea about the avionics and ew warfare USA possess?))

binayak95

Country flag
@Devil's Lawyer Comparing the Apache to the LCH is like comparing a MBT to a IFV. Apples and oranges!!! Tha APache is meant for operating primarily in an anti-armour role. The LCH can do something no other bird can: fly at Himalayan altitude of 12000 ft!!!!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
LCH is too design for Armour hunting purpose that is why it is armed with 8 X HELINA ATGM or 16 x PARA/LAHAT ATGM, LCH is lighter and design for Indian needs..

============================
============================

This is not a comparison thread, No further discussion of Apache should be on LCH thread..

If one wish make a new thread for comparison..

@Devil's Lawyer Comparing the Apache to the LCH is like comparing a MBT to a IFV. Apples and oranges!!! Tha APache is meant for operating primarily in an anti-armour role. The LCH can do something no other bird can: fly at Himalayan altitude of 12000 ft!!!!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Schematics Of India's Light Combat Helicopter

==============
==============

Part of a handout brochure on the day of the inaugural flight.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Weapons Of LCH >>

============
============

ATGM ( Anti Tank Ground Missile )--->>

HELINA

Weight >> 42 kg (93 lb)
Length >> 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)
Diameter >> 190 mm (7.5 in)
Warhead >> 8 kg tandem warhead
Operational range >> Air-launched: 7-10km

===========

Other Options >>

PARS 3 LR

Weight >> 49 kilograms
Length >> 1,600 millimeter
Diameter >>159 millimetres
Warhead >>9 kg tandem HEAT
Operational range >> up to 7 kilometers

============
============

70mm Rocket Pods >>

4 x 70 mm Rocket Pods..

============
============

Air to Air Missile >>

MBDA Mistral

Effective range >> more than 5 km
Warhead >> High Explosive with high density Tungsten balls
Guidance system >> Infrared homing

============
============

20 mm M621 cannon on Nexter THL-20 turret

Cartridge >> 20x102mm
Rate of fire >> 800 rounds/min
Muzzle velocity >>1,005 m/s (3,297 ft/s) (AP-T)
Feed system >>Open-link M12 belt

============
============
============
============

Next time one think LCH is lesser lethal, Think Again !

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles