HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Correct me if I am wrong....

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
With all due respect I don't understand what is the fun of bringing LCH to limelight in this year's defense expo....
Already we are being criticized for sitting on this awesome technology for a decade now.... If I am not wrong first flight was in 2010-11.
What have we been doing in the last 9 years with just 4 TD actually in place. They say HAL has started building LSP on its own but what's the fun in that without actual orders....
Correct me if I am wrong....
Whether we like it or not, Pipeline for our military procurement is more or less fixed. Spending will happen based on the priority list.

Blame lies with the people who created the backlog, in our case congis.

Pulkit

Country flag
Whether we like it or not, Pipeline for our military procurement is more or less fixed. Spending will happen based on the priority list.

Blame lies with the people who created the backlog, in our case congis.
If that's would have been the case then there would have been no need for purchases just to fill gaps.....

This is just not with LCH.... You talk about LUH or Tejas or Arjun everywhere it's the same.....
They want to delay procurement of Indian products to create a scenerio where we have no other option but to buy foran maal.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
If that's would have been the case then there would have been no need for purchases just to fill gaps.....

This is just not with LCH.... You talk about LUH or Tejas or Arjun everywhere it's the same.....
They want to delay procurement of Indian products to create a scenerio where we have no other option but to buy foran maal.

LCH - weapons trials completed in jan 2019 - without Helina or SANT

LUH first flight is in 2016, crash landing test just last month.

LCA IOC clearance 2015, Radome supply from UK got stopped, HAL had to start developing its on in 2015/16. Uttam AESA for ready for installation just last year.

Arjun MK1A development completed - two months back

It looks like more product development has happened in last 4/5 years than 15 years before that.

Last edited:

Pulkit

Country flag

LCA IOC clearance 2015, Radome supply from UK got stopped, HAL had to start developing its on in 2015/16. Uttam AESA for ready for installation just last year.

It looks like more product development has happened in last 4/5 years than 15 years before that.
I know.....
I MISS MONOHAR PARRIKAR SIR....

All thanks to him this progress has taken place....

Defense Minister before Before him was a no deal DM .... His policy was naah deal hogi naah hi scam....

Raju Seth

Just to add further
programs which can help in proving concept & technology are also in cold bag like IMRH,SARAS,RTA90,HTFE25,MCIWS,RUSTOM,MINE VESSEL,INS VISHAAL etc

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Just to add further
programs which can help in proving concept & technology are also in cold bag like IMRH,SARAS,RTA90,HTFE25,MCIWS,RUSTOM,MINE VESSEL,INS VISHAAL etc
IMRH status will be known in 2021, depends on user appetite.
SARAS and RTA90 , NAL chaps are useless.
HTFE-25 is under development
"The Company has taken up the design and development of ‘Afterburner Technology’ for HTFE-25 aero engine. The afterburner module was mounted on the PTAE engine followed by a successful demonstration of the basic afterburner technology using a fixed area propelling nozzle for HTFE-25 engine, in March, 2019."
MCIWS : User requirements changed, case closed.
RUSTOM : TAPAS 201 with new engine crashed in Sep 2019. so not in cold bag.
Mine vessel : Not being pushed as priority because IN is bought add on mine sweepers.
IAC2 is a big financial commitment, will probably start after IAC1 is inducted.

So it looks most of the projects are doing just fine.

Pulkit

Country flag
Just to add further
Not just in cold bag they are destined to die out....... No longer back burner but with kill switch.....

Pulkit

Country flag
IMRH status will be known in 2021, depends on user appetite.
SARAS and RTA90 , NAL chaps are useless.
HTFE-25 is under development
"The Company has taken up the design and development of ‘Afterburner Technology’ for HTFE-25 aero engine. The afterburner module was mounted on the PTAE engine followed by a successful demonstration of the basic afterburner technology using a fixed area propelling nozzle for HTFE-25 engine, in March, 2019."
MCIWS : User requirements changed, case closed.
RUSTOM : TAPAS 201 with new engine crashed in Sep 2019. so not in cold bag.
Mine vessel : Not being pushed as priority because IN is bought add on mine sweepers.
IAC2 is a big financial commitment, will probably start after IAC1 is inducted.

So it looks most of the projects are doing just fine.
Every year we are told..... "next year" .... That year will never come.....

NAL folks only ? What about others labs and Orgs?

All the technologies at the end will be imported and all these projects not in progress but just in files will be dead.....

Akula

Country flag
Every year we are told..... "next year" .... That year will never come.....

NAL folks only ? What about others labs and Orgs?

All the technologies at the end will be imported and all these projects not in progress but just in files will be dead.....
For Saras mk2 NAL is asking for funds from the government and I guess for IMRH engine hasn't been selected.

Pulkit

Country flag
For Saras mk2 NAL is asking for funds from the government and I guess for IMRH engine hasn't been selected.
Sorry missed your point here.... Please elaborate....

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Imrh .....some work is going in with hal s internal funding. No funding has done. Yet

Lch-hal has produced some LSPs also integrated them with rockets and a2a missile
Hope lch order can be placed in defence expo
Tapas... completed 200 flights

And we will get more updates in defence expo ...

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
But they are moving ahead for the 6 Apaches for $1BN for the IA for Trump's visit.
Well, Follow on orders do have a time limit. There is cost escalation if orders are not placed with in a time limit of signing of the original contract.

And we are yet to see user trails of Helina( with new seeker) and SANT from LCH, LCH is useless without those.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles