HAL Advanced Light Helicopter Dhruv

khatarnak

Babudome can be acceptable in India, not in international market. HAL is not well recognized for "Quality Control", they are one of the reason Mig-21 is termed "flying coffin", all because of the 3rd-grade equipment supplied by HAL.
OHHH i did not know that all the equipments were supplied by HAL for Mig21..

source plz........ many thnx in advance

khatarnak

Vladimir79

Professional
yeap, as you said bumpy. i have posted the same following information in ALH dhruv thread. just the same link here again for your reference. dhruv has done it with much comfortably. mind you, dhruv is light weight catagory heli and mi17 is mid/heavy.
Well, you said they couldn't and they do on a regular basis. Drhuv doesn't have near the payload to compete with Mi-17, even in supplying Siachen. India just has to make sure they have good pilots flying them.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
MIL-17 and ALH are not in same class. So no competition or a reactive move by Ecuador. Therefor, i think posting the article with header Ecuador will purchase from Russia, two Mi-17 by Vladimir79 is plane off-topic addition and i request 'mods' to take appropriate action.

Vladimir79

Professional
MIL-17 and ALH are not in same class. So no competition or a reactive move by Ecuador. Therefor, i think posting the article with header Ecuador will purchase from Russia, two Mi-17 by Vladimir79 is plane off-topic addition and i request 'mods' to take appropriate action.
It also said they will purchase six additional aerocraft, so I request your request be denied.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
It also said they will purchase six additional aerocraft, so I request your request be denied.
Buying Six more,ok. From where it got related with ALH crash or deal or this thread. Have Ecuadorian made a decision to return remaining ALHs by now, then the article posted by you would have been called related. But, sorry, article by you is absolutely off-topic. It doesn't quote anything related with ALH. Get me any and i'll take my request back.

Vladimir79

Professional
Buying Six more,ok. From where it got related with ALH crash or deal or this thread. Have Ecuadorian made a decision to return remaining ALHs by now, then the article posted by you would have been called related. But, sorry, article by you is absolutely off-topic. It doesn't quote anything related with ALH. Get me any and i'll take my request back.
Considering the Comptroller General has called a special review of the Dhruv contract and "expects prosecutors to act," I would say it was related.

http://translate.googleusercontent....le.com&usg=ALkJrhjjn-HUqTU4wZ98o4PGfm7b5G71GA

Hell, they haven't even started the inquiry into the accident yet and they are already calling a contract review.

http://translate.googleusercontent....le.com&usg=ALkJrhiG_chAaMSvf7N0-gTGLcmBt_jTEA

Looks like they are trying to dump Dhruv like a sack of hot potatoes.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Considering the Comptroller General has called a special review of the Dhruv contract and "expects prosecutors to act," I would say it was related.
Following decision is because of Dhruv bashing by local media, which have taken dollars or Rubles for doing so. For administrators, the only way out of it is by through investigation. Whats wrong in it. Let them do and this time world will know that ALH was chosen on merit defeating competitors bundled with Dollars, Euros and Rubles.

Google Translate
Hell, they haven't even started the inquiry into the accident yet and they are already calling a contract review.
Same things happen in India. When media goes speculative and wild govt. chill them down by creating utmost transparency. Nothing wrong here.

http://translate.googleusercontent....le.com&usg=ALkJrhiG_chAaMSvf7N0-gTGLcmBt_jTEA

Looks like they are trying to dump Dhruv like a sack of hot potatoes.
Wild propaganda. Whats special?

Ecuadorian media may like to see this.

Blame Pilot if aircraft is non Indian. Blame machine if it Indian.

The theory on which percentage of Indian media works and their foreign counter part are learning fast. God bless media business.

Vladimir79

Professional
Blame Pilot if aircraft is non Indian. Blame machine if it Indian.

The theory on which percentage of Indian media works and their foreign counter part are learning fast. God bless media business.
Do you always have such a victim mentality? The Ecuadorian media is either state-run or bullied by the government, like Venezuela, so whatever they are saying is the view of the government.

amitkriit

^^This may be government view of those officials who have been fed well by Ruble/Dollar weilding goons.

Vladimir79

Professional
^^ According to HAL they did breech the contract by providing engines older than promised. If anyone has screwed up it would be HAL for not having a proper contract analysis --- that is what I do for a living.

amitkriit

^^ Link Please. A was going through report on another page which says that Equador Air Force has a history full of such accidents. Several machines and human lives have been lost due to accidents, primarily involving Helicopters of French and USA origin. I am working as "Executive Director" with a company that works for several defence related organizations in India and abroad, and it happens several times that companies have to ignore certain points in the original contract just to keep the contract worthwhile, as the people in buyer's side demand for more money. It happens in all cases including when foreign reputed organizations are involved. So breach of contract is just an execuse.

Vladimir79

Professional
^^ Link Please.
Juan Cortez, the company Sumila, representing HAL in Ecuador, acknowledged that the engines of the helicopters were not a 2008 model.
http://translate.googleusercontent....le.com&usg=ALkJrhjjn-HUqTU4wZ98o4PGfm7b5G71GA

A was going through report on another page which says that Equador Air Force has a history full of such accidents. Several machines and human lives have been lost due to accidents, primarily involving Helicopters of French and USA origin. I am working as "Executive Director" with a company that works for several defence related organizations in India and abroad, and it happens several times that companies have to ignore certain points in the original contract just to keep the contract worthwhile, as the people in buyer's side demand for more money. It happens in all cases including when foreign reputed organizations are involved. So breach of contract is just an execuse.
Of course companies take shortcuts all the time. RAC-MiG did it to Algeria by selling old parts and we all know what happened --- total recall. Don't be surprised if it happens here too. That is what I am trying to prepare you all for because the writing is on the wall. What I don't understand is why people complain about it like it is some conspiracy vendetta against India. No one in Russia said Algeria was singling us out when they returned the shipment. We all knew it was dirty business practice and corruption at RAC-MiG. It is like people here want to believe HAL is some benevolent infallible organisation when we all really know it isn't. Breach of contract is breach of contract, that is why people like me make sure all the Ts are crossed and Is dotted. If Ecuador knew the engines weren't going to be 2008, then HAL should not have claimed they were greenfield builds.

macintosh

I believe that for reinstating pride and confidence, HAL should do a total recall themselves at the earliest. After all HAL has breached the contact and it will help undo some of the things that are happening in Ecuador Media. But a total recall will put the blame on India even if it was due to pilot error.

Rage

DFI TEAM
This is the state of our pisspoor public sector companies. Bad enuff that the Indian Airforce has experienced a 40% attrition in our Mig-21's without exporting that $hit to other countries.

The Ecuadorean Air Force chief reiterated that the contract stipulates a return clause if provisions were not adhered to, which if the alter engines are the cause, warrants a remit.

But, I want you all to distinguish between the violation of terms and cause of the crash itself: the latest assessments have it that the copter may have come under rotorwash from an adjacent craft flying in formation, banked left sharply and attained a cyclic limit in trying to correct to the right. In technical terms, when cyclic saturation occurs- particularly at low altitudes- it is often difficult to correct, stabilize or acquire lift.

This video for example, gives a simulated demonstration of that dynamic. Low anti-torque tail rotor authority and a crosswind conspire to create a similar effect:

YouTube - Helicopter pilot loses control on takeoff.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles