HAL Advanced Light Helicopter Dhruv

Rahul Singh

Country flag
So why is Navy pursuing this pointless NUH contest? This is a real defence scam. ALH is superior to every proposed foreign offer.

If NUH is allowed to go to foreign company I will actually pull my hair out, first rifles and now this. Is this govt trying to entirely kill
Off indigenous industry?
A helicopter optimised for High altitude cannot fly at sea level on the same transmission without facing problems related to severe vibrations. That's a pure design issue.

Now, ALH Dhruv's design is optimised for high altitudes mainly. Because HAL saw more orders coming from the Army and Airforce together than what could have come from the Navy. So despite agreeing on requirements from all three services HAL's designers titled the design in favour or Army and Airforce's requirements. Unfortunately, same is being repeated in project IMRH. Factually speaking, HAL never actually developed a shipborne ALH. What it only did was floatation tests, torpedo carriage trials etc. ALH even did not have an auto main rotor folding mechanism which was a must from Navy.

So if HAL is rolling out a TD for NUH then it must also come up with a suitable transmission and maybe a redesigned main rotor (hingeless or otherwise) to bring the vibrations completely under acceptable limits. Something which turned out to be a project killer the first time HAL offered ALH to NAVY.

Hope sense will prevail and HAL will take proactive steps.

Advaidhya Tiwari

So why is Navy pursuing this pointless NUH contest? This is a real defence scam. ALH is superior to every proposed foreign offer.

If NUH is allowed to go to foreign company I will actually pull my hair out, first rifles and now this. Is this govt trying to entirely kill
Off indigenous industry?
I am not able to understand why Kamov helicopters are not used for NUH. Sice JV has been signed already, why another meaningless tender? ALH is not fit here as the main target is to replace single engine chetak helicopters.

I am not able to understand how India can get 60% indigenisation in the project if we are intending to make it by foreign-private JV. Which country will give 60% indigenous content?

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
because the HAL NUH is a Prototype.
Navy needs a light helicopter...than dhruv which will be able to land in small ships of army too..will also be fit in hangar of that ship.....and dhruv didnt have that foldable ...system before...let dhruv prove itself..if it passes...then we may see some rudras too on navy ships

itsme

Country flag
Is it possible to use Rudras for carrying soldiers, I think it might be a good option for SFs.

Enquirer

Is it possible to use Rudras for carrying soldiers, I think it might be a good option for SFs.
Absolutely!
But the capacity is limited by the amount of arsenal it carries (weight limitation).
In terms of space, compared to a regular Dhruv, some space behind the pilots is taken by WSO-station & ammo-cannisters.

Advaidhya Tiwari

There was another statement that said they will make an offer to the navy for NUH. Again I fully expect IN to ignore this.
IN has no say. It is decided by government. Minimum 60% indigenisation is expected. This doesn't come by some TOT. No one gives that kind of TOT except Russia

Global Defence

New threads

Articles