Hafiz Saeed has free rein at Jamat-ud-Dawa rally in Islamabad

bennedose

Since Pakistanis continuously howl that India attacked Pakistan in 1965 and that Pakis stopped the cruel attack, here is a very brief history of how the war started - for younger people who may not have a chance to read a summary.

The 1965 war

In 1966 a booklet about the 1965 war was published and I got a copy as a boy. I still have the original, and will post a pdf copy of scanned pages in due course for our younger members

bennedose

@bennedose

waiting for the copies
Whoops - forgot. Thanks for the reminder. Will put it up when free - need to locate it - I had made greyscale scans when internet speeds were low but a pdf should be easy to download in this day and age.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dinesh_Kumar

Naseem, you had the US President's personal support, as well as help from the Chinese to open a new front. Supplies of more than 24 F-104 Starfighters from Jordan and Iran, besides spares for tanks, ammo and new guns, with US commitment to replenish the stocks, in spite of an official US embargo in place. The UK, God Bless them, sent spares for your Air Force and Navy. Everyone from Saudi Arabia to Indonesia sent some form of support. The US, UK , France and China showed rare unity in the Security Council, as the world sat back. We were on our own, with a Russian assurance of help, and not much else......no, dont grudge our Mukti Banni support in the face of all these.....had you won such a victory, you would have said something quaint like " All is fair in love and war." And our Chief Marshal was a Gentleman, not a butcher of man. As a person, Sam is quite different from the cream of the Pakistani Army -Yahya, Ayub, Zia, Musharaff ("the Great") and Kayani.

You Were outnumbering us b 6 to1 in 71 and still you had to create mukti banni to fight us. Well thats very brave and your own field marshall has said that pakistan army fought very bravely in 71 war

Global Defence

New threads

Articles