Gutka to be Banned in Gujarat From Sept 11: Modi

aragorn

Not necessary. People will turn towards tobacco paan :D

they liked gutkha because it was cheaper than tobacco paan.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Good move.

While they are at it, they should consider lifting the alcohol ban.
Underground liquor business is a very lucrative and well entrenched one in gujju land. These underground liquor barons are the ones who are behind the 'official' ban on liquor.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I have a better idea. Gutka, Cigarettes etc should be banned for all by default.
Those who wish to consume them, should fill a declaration form saying they understand the risks associated with these products and still wish to partake these substances.
Tax the hell out of all these products, and also charge exorbitant insurance premiums for those who wish to consume them.
Personal responsibility.

aragorn

I have a better idea. Gutka, Cigarettes etc should be banned for all by default.
Those who wish to consume them, should fill a declaration form saying they understand the risks associated with these products and still wish to partake these substances.
Tax the hell out of all these products, and also charge exorbitant insurance premiums for those who wish to consume them.
Personal responsibility.
good idea. I alway think it is nonsense to ban such things. It will only increase corruption. If a person understands it is hazardous to health and still he consumes it it becomes his responsibility.

imposing tax and thus increasing the price will make people realise and it may lead to less consumption.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles