Gujarat PSU lost Rs 4,216 cr in three years: CAG

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
OK HERE IS THE DEAL. before some one shouts any moronic words, let me clear a few things, since many posters are ignorant from the looks of their posts.

1. Sex ratio is low not because of govt but because of the society. The only way to improve it is by improving education qualities(Posidon, please read the article, where it says, Guj has done excellent job in education). The people educated today, will be responsible twenty years from now(when they start producing kids-:doh:) as i said, the sex ratio is not improved by "jee boom baah". Give some time, and the effect of the Modi's investment on education will come to light.

2. IMR is another case,where it cant be improved with The word "abracadabra", you have to improve the literacy first and the economic position too before it starts to come down. Again as i said, give it time. It will come down, thanks to investment on education.

3. Life expectancy also the same- literacy + economy(which is already growing at a very east rate)

4. Economy- this of course the most important. Unlike the other idiots who invest in short term gains, Modi, is futuristic in investing in infrastructure, so that the growth of the state does not stagnate-something CON-gr-ASS failed to do for India. Give him another five years, economy will pick up further instead of deceleration , faced by India. Now thats futuristic:hail: Modi.

As i said , Modi is not a Magician to "ABRACADABRA" the growth, HDI and all.

He is a truly a futuristic leader, who actually gives a squat for his people.
:namaste:

parijataka

Country flag
Maharashtra's state GDP is still the largest in India ie nearly 14 % of India's GDP but the growth rate
has slowed down because of a variety of reasons

Gujarat's GDP is around 6.6 % of India's GDP Gujarat's rank is FIFTH in GDP contribution ie
after Maharashtra , UP , Andhra and TN

Maharshtra's GDP is LARGER than Pakistan's GDP :thumb:

How ever Maharashtra's LEAD is unassailable even though
Maharashtra's GDP is growing at 7 % PA compared to Gujarat's 10 % PA
What about farmer suicides in Maharashtra - the maximum by far in the country and increased in the last decade ? Gujarat hardly has any farmer suicides and Gujarat is an arid land. [Top states for farmer suicides - Maha, MP+Chattisgarh, AP, Kar]. While farmer suicides have shown decline in Kar, Kerala, TN, WB [very good improvement] and UP, Maha has shown increase of 50% over past decade.

Some States fight the trend but "¦by P Sainath

ejazr

Ambassador
Healthy public debate ?? Congis make a lot of ruckus in Assembly.Everyday these morons come up with new baseless allegations, use very low level language for Modi.Foul language is the only thing come out from their mouths.Modi never argue with these morons.These people don't even know what a healthy debate is.Shouting, alleging, making nuisance are their habit.They don't even know basic things and gujju media was already bought by congress a long ago.So don't expect anything from them.

Well nothing compared to a complete wipeout of the Winter sesssion by the NDA who kept creating a ruckus in the national parliament. I think we have never seen anything like that in any parliament or State assembly.

ejazr

Ambassador
This CAG report is again pointing issues with "policies" and not "implementation of policies". If a PSU took a wrong decision and lost money, the policy was wrong. Maybe it was even malafide, but it is a policy decision and hence the implementaiton of that policy decision should be looked into for irregularties rather than the loss made by the policy decision itself.

For example a state govt. might initiate a policy decision where it plans to give away land to private companies at nominal rates below market value to invite them and establish themeslves in an Industrial/commercial park for example. The CAG making a comment that the loss made by giving away land to private companies is a loss to the exchequer and hence a "scam" is ridiculous.

However, if the CAG finds that during the implementation of the policy the sanctioning of land was arbitrary of the rules were bent to give land to companies that should not have got the land or similar questionable deals were found, THAT would be a scam. Not the policy itself.

The CAG is mixing up the two issues and this will have detrimental impact on policy decisions that govts. can take to incentivise business and companies to invest in their states or in the country as a whole.

A similar case is the AP "Scam" that the CAG came up with where again the two issues are being mixed up
CAG exposes multi-crore land scam in AP - IBN South - IBN Andhra Pradesh - ibnlive

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
Well nothing compared to a complete wipeout of the Winter sesssion by the NDA who kept creating a ruckus in the national parliament. I think we have never seen anything like that in any parliament or State assembly.
"¨"¨"©Oh please, that winter session was also annoying but oppn(Not NDA alone) had genuine issue and you can see they never make noise on every single issue.While these people don't have genuine issue.These people didn't make any ruckus in the house on the basis of CAG report uptill now.What they do is nothing but troll.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
This CAG report is again pointing issues with "policies" and not "implementation of policies". If a PSU took a wrong decision and lost money, the policy was wrong. Maybe it was even malafide, but it is a policy decision and hence the implementaiton of that policy decision should be looked into for irregularties rather than the loss made by the policy decision itself."¨"¨For example a state govt. might initiate a policy decision where it plans to give away land to private companies at nominal rates below market value to invite them and establish themeslves in an Industrial/commercial park for example. The CAG making a comment that the loss made by giving away land to private companies is a loss to the exchequer and hence a "scam" is ridiculous."¨"¨However, if the CAG finds that during the implementation of the policy the sanctioning of land was arbitrary of the rules were bent to give land to companies that should not have got the land or similar questionable deals were found, THAT would be a scam. Not the policy itself."¨"¨The CAG is mixing up the two issues and this will have detrimental impact on policy decisions that govts. can take to incentivise business and companies to invest in their states or in the country as a whole."¨"¨A similar case is the AP "Scam" that the CAG came up with where again the two issues are being mixed up"¨CAG exposes multi-crore land scam in AP - IBN South - IBN Andhra Pradesh - ibnlive
"¨"¨"©I know what you're trying to say.But here, policies aren't beneficiary to any third party.CAG is telling govt. that if they had implemented another policies than this loss couldn't have happened.It's irregularities not a SCAM and govt. must look into it.The point here is most of govt. companies make loss but the partiality of media is only towards one state.

Last edited:

parijataka

Country flag
Oommen Chandy - he has been Minister since 1977 and then CM in Kerala on and off - please name any major achievements ? Tarun Gogoi - facilitator of Bangladeshi infiltration in Assam and recently in giving away Assam land to Bangladesh under MMS.trip to that country. [Mamata meanwhile refused to give more Teesta waters to BD - one of the few things I like she has done - at least she stood up for the rights of people of WB.] Jaya madam - yes, she is a efficient administrator, but eccentric.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Now, what were the negative and positive fallouts?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The CAG is mixing up the two issues and this will have detrimental impact on policy decisions that govts. can take to incentivise business and companies to invest in their states or in the country as a whole.
Within the ambit of law, yes.

Not on whims and fancies!

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
Within the ambit of law, yes."¨"¨Not on whims and fancies!
"¨"¨"©Gujarat govt. has made a single window for everybody to invest in state.Every M.O.U. that converts in reality is under the law."©The thing is about govt.'s companies and their loss.That would be handled by govt. i guess.GSPC was nothing but now a giant.That's an achievement.But what people see is its 70 crore loss which is sing-chana for company like GSPC.They're giving good service as PNG pipeline gas as a substitued of LPG gas cylinder provider here in G'nagar.It's very cheap than LPG cylinder.

ejazr

Ambassador
"¨"¨"©I know what you're trying to say.But here, policies aren't beneficiary to any third party.CAG is telling govt. that if they had implemented another policies than this loss couldn't have happened.It's irregularities not a SCAM and govt. must look into it.The point here is most of govt. companies make loss but the partiality of media is only towards one state.
While we don't know all the details of the CAG report yet, my contention is that the CAG should NOT suggest which policy is better or not. That is NOT its prerogative. I am actually being supportive of the Gujarat govt. here if you read my argument.

Ofcourse, there might have been some irregularities in the implementation of the policy. Maybe choosing say that Adani group arbitrarily without any rules on why Adani was chosen is a valid thing to point out. But to say why gas was given cheap to generate electricity if that was the POLICY by the govt. in order to generate subsidized electricity for example is NOT a scam.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I saw Jagan Reddy on TV.

I agree with him.

It is YSR who did it for what he thought was good for his State.

How come none cared then?

This is the type of vendetta and misuse of CBI that makes me support Anna's campaign!

CBI is being used as a tool for blackmail and harassment and not as a tool to ensure lack of corruption!

Why does the Govt not take action of the Maharajas who were chamchas of the British and did great harm to their subjects and looted them?

YSR was a Maharaja in his own way as all politicians think they are.

That is why Khejriwal has a Breach of Privilege against him, when there are confirmed thieves and murderers who are politicians.

Last edited:

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
I saw Jagan Reddy on TV.

I agree with him.

It is YSR who did it for what he thought was good for his State.

How come none cared then?

This is the type of vendetta and misuse of CBI that makes me support Anna's campaign!

CBI is being used as a tool for blackmail and harassment and not as a tool to ensure lack of corruption!

Why does the Govt not take action of the Maharajas who were chamchas of the British and did great harm to their subjects and looted them?

YSR was a Maharaja in his own way as all politicians think they are.

That is why Khejriwal has a Breach of Privilege against him, when there are confirmed thieves and murderers who are politicians.

Wrong thread ????

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles