GSLV Mark II

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
yea HAL awesome paint job if you had half the dedication of ISRO scientists would you have hmmmm well pointless anyway

StealthSniper

Great Job ISRO, even when no other country (with exception of Russia) helped develop the cyrogenic stage we took it upon ourselves to develop the technology and know how to make it happen and be successful.

Thanks ISRO for opening our eyes and showing us what India can do when we put our minds together and do thing indigenously while other countries try to deny us technology and try to humiliate us abroad.

It's a great day for India.

happy

Article Window

THE FINAL FRONTIER
'People sacrificed personal interests for this success'

TNN & AGENCIES

It took only 1,000 seconds of flight for GSLV D-5 rocket to inject the GSAT-14 communication satellite into the orbit, and thereby catapult India into the elite cryogenic club, which includes US, Russia, Japan, France and China which have successfully developed their own cryogenic engines. The launch was admittedly the result of years of toil and invention by teams of scientists who sacrificed their personal interests for the success of the mission.

"Behind 1,000 seconds of flight is the effort of 1,000 days of hard work and dedication of people at VSSC (Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre), LPSC (Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre) and Isro. They sacrificed their personal interests for the success of the mission," mission director K Sivan said.

"At Isro we used to call GSLV a naughty boy. But today the naughty boy is a very obedient boy," he said.

"The launch has been so precise that the satellite was put just 40 metres within the 179km perigee and only 50km of the 36,000km apogee," Sivan said.

VSSC director S Ramakrishnan said GSLV has attained maturity level and with one more mission, it would be as reliable as PSLV.

Former Isro scientist S Nambi Narayanan, who was working as project director for the development of cryogenic technology before being arrested on an alleged spy case, said, "I am really happy. Now the sky is the limit for India. We should now have an overall plan and am sure scientists are working on it as this cryogenic engine is the best of its kind."

REACTIONS

I AM PROUD TO SAY TEAM ISRO HAS DONE IT. THE INDIAN CRYOGENIC ENGINE AND STAGE PERFORMED AS PREDICTED
K Radhakrishnan | ISRO CHAIRMAN

IT IS YET ANOTHER IMPORTANT STEP THAT THE COUNTRY HAS TAKEN IN THE AREA OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Manmohan Singh | PRIME MINISTER

ALL CREDIT GOES TO OUR SCIENTISTS FOR THEIR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION. THE NATION IS PROUD OF THEM
Hamid Ansari | VICE PRESIDENT

bose

Country flag
What is surprising is that now Americans are getting pissed off with the successfull GSLV lunch yesterday, seen some heart burning comments in diffferent forum, Americans have joined Brits it seems ...

Free Karma

I'm having a ball reading the pukes forum, so many gems, I collected some and put them in the musings thread :D

pmaitra

Folks, whats is happening on brit media. Are their as**s burning?? Please put out some links of theirs. Lets all do some :taunt1::taunt1::taunt1::dancemasti::dancemasti: reading them.
Please post a link.

bose

Country flag
I'm having a ball reading the pukes forum, so many gems, I collected some and put them in the musings thread :D
What is surprising that Chinese and Iranians have taken it positively while some Americans are really butt hurt...

bose

Country flag
Where? Can you post a link?
I understand cross posting links from a different defense forum is not allowed here... I would have done any case"¦ What surprises me to see level of bitterness among some Americans"¦ A successful flight of GSLV has made them commenting on lack of toilets, 50 years behind USA space technology etc etc"¦Until few days back they used to support Indians now suddenly Devyani's case they has found a new devil called India"¦ I thought Indian response to it is very week, if they have done the same to Russians , by now they have got one of theirs been picked up"¦

Some of these American forumer's I would say are very experienced and well informed and are participating and giving opinions for very long time in support of the American government point of view"¦ I would say that it started to change from F16/ F18 losing out to Rafale"¦ What is most surprising is that any positive on India definitely invites these Americans to counter with negatives from India"¦ One of the American Forumer is also a member of this forum although we see very rarely commenting here"¦

pmaitra

I understand cross posting links from a different defense forum is not allowed here... I would have done any case"¦ What surprises me to see level of bitterness among some Americans"¦ A successful flight of GSLV has made them commenting on lack of toilets, 50 years behind USA space technology etc etc"¦Until few days back they used to support Indians now suddenly Devyani's case they has found a new devil called India"¦ I thought Indian response to it is very week, if they have done the same to Russians , by now they have got one of theirs been picked up"¦

Some of these American forumer's I would say are very experienced and well informed and are participating and giving opinions for very long time in support of the American government point of view"¦ I would say that it started to change from F16/ F18 losing out to Rafale"¦ What is most surprising is that any positive on India definitely invites these Americans to counter with negatives from India"¦ One of the American Forumer is also a member of this forum although we see very rarely commenting here"¦
I did not realize it was from another forum. I thought it was a news comment group. I think I know who you are talking about. Let him simmer in his envy.

Free Karma

What is surprising that Chinese and Iranians have taken it positively while some Americans are really butt hurt...
I know the fellow your talking about, I think it's in the same thread. He tries very hard to belittle things, while giving off an aloof feeling. Perhaps they are angry that all their efforts could only delay the cryo tech but not deny it.

Meanwhile I hope Nambi Narayanan gets Justice, he has filed a case against the B.Sreekumar who harassed him and other scientists which eventually led to delays in acquiring the tech.

Ex-ISRO scientist files defamation complaint against retd DGP Sreekumar - Indian Express

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
ISRO carries out first orbit-raising
manoeuvre of GSAT-14

The first orbit-raising operation of the GSAT-14 communication satellite was successfully carried out by ISRO today, a day after it was shot into space in a milestone launch by the GSLV-D5 rocket powered by an indigenous cryogenic engine. The Apogee Motor on the spacecraft was fired for 3,134 seconds with a realised orbit of 8,966 km Perigee, nearest point to earth, by 35,744 km Apogee, the farthest point to earth, the Indian Space Research Organisation said. ISRO said the remaining two orbit- raising operations are planned on January 7 and 9 to place the satellite in a geostationary orbit. The indigenous cryogenic upper stage was successfully flight tested on the GSLV-D5 launch vehicle from the spaceport in Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh yesterday, a feat that put India in an exclusive club comprising the US, Russia, France, Japan and China, which have mastered cryogenic engine technology. With the successful mission of the GSLV-D5 that demonstrated India's prowess to put satellites weighing more than two tonnes in orbit, ISRO has lined up more GSLV flights powered by indigenous cryogenic engines to launch the GSAT-6, 7A and 9, GISAT (Geo Imaging Satellite) and Chandrayaan-2.

ISRO carries out first orbit-raising manoeuvre of GSAT-14 | Business Line

LalTopi

Folks, whats is happening on brit media. Are their as**s burning?? Please put out some links of theirs. Lets all do some :taunt1::taunt1::taunt1::dancemasti::dancemasti: reading them.
See me earlier post #205.

in briit media no comment from Daily Mail, BBC. Not even the FT which is normally pretty good at picking up strategic events.

praneetbajpaie

Tihar Jail
Banned

That's why I say, America can never be our friend like the Russians are. Our Government is the biggest idiotic Government in the world to be aligning with the Americans to check the rise of China.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles