Ground Run of First Cheetal for Afghanistan

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Helicopter Division has produced the first Cheetal helicopter against an order of three Cheetals for Afghanistan Government. This is the first export order for the Cheetal, which is the re-engined variant (developed as company funded programme) of the proven Cheetah helicopter being manufactured by HAL Helicopter Division for over four decades.

The Cheetal helicopter is specially suited for high altitude flying and can operate upto 7 kms altitude and hasa range of 640 kms with an endurance of three and a half hour. It incorporates features of modern cockpit instruments like electrically driven artificial horizon, directional gyro, Flight monitoring system,Cockpit Voice Recorder and Master Flasher Warning System. The ground run of the helicopter was carried out on March 27,2013. Shri. M S Srinath, ED(HC),Shri V Sadagopan, GM, Helicopter Division, Shri S.K. Mukherjee, RD (DGQA), Helicopters, and others were present on the occasion.

http://www.hal-india.com/HAL-CONNECT/HAL-CONNECT-ISSUE-62.pdf

pmaitra

The HAL Cheetal is a license produced Aérospatiale SA 315B Lama, which is very similar to the Aérospatiale Alouette I/II/III series of helicopters.

A picture of a Swiss Aérospatiale SA 315B Lama

[HR][/HR]
@Armand2REP, since you would have done it anyway, I am giving all the credit to France so that you don't have to trouble yourself. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

indian_sukhoi

Cheap price and easy maintainence

Dunno how they gonna deliver these choppers to the other side

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
@pmaitra, i don't usually bother with the obvious. :rolleyes:

Blackwater

LAMA and Ambassador car are made in India to be used for centuries:lol::lol::lol::lol:

vram

Country flag
LAMA and Ambassador car are made in India to be used for centuries:lol::lol::lol::lol:
The ambassador is dying out buddy. Seeing fewer of it every month on the roads. Sad to see it go though...learnt driving in it couple of year back. Handles all the abuse thrown out by a newbie LOL!.

Blackwater

The ambassador is dying out buddy. Seeing fewer of it every month on the roads. Sad to see it go though...learnt driving in it couple of year back. Handles all the abuse thrown out by a newbie LOL!.
Hindustan motors still manufacturing them. i wonder whos buying it:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Amabassadors sell well in Rural Bengal, correct me if I am wrong ?

vram

Country flag
Bengalis like old stuff. is that related to thread "" why Bengal is backward"":lol::lol:
Well to be Honest the rural roads in ANY state in INDIA still resemble the surface of the moon and Ambi's can comfortably take the abuse. They are tarred every once in 10 years when the ruling govt (Most congi :p) roles out some scheme like 'Chacha Nehru makan aur sadak yojna scheme' or 'baba Rahul budhimaan yojna' etc etc...

Last edited:

pmaitra

Amabassadors sell well in Rural Bengal, correct me if I am wrong ?
Ambassadors sell a lot in the Southern States and as taxis in Kolkata.

In rural Bengal, you will find the Hindustan Motors Trekker/Pushpak more than Ambassadors I think. This is based on the Ambassador, but is more basic, no frills people carrier.

vram

Country flag
Ambassadors sell a lot in the Southern States and as taxis in Kolkata.

In rural Bengal, you will find the Hindustan Motors Trekker/Pushpak more than Ambassadors I think. This is based on the Ambassador, but is more basic, no frills people carrier.
Never knew about that one...lol looks like a older model of the Defender a poor man's defender. Is this manufacutered by HM or indian Jugaad version?

vram

Country flag
@indian_sukhoi @pmaitra

I found the below link for the Cheetah heli comparing it with other light copter. Have the deficiencies pointed out below been improved upon in the Cheetal??

AND look at that fuel cost per nautical mile which is 3$. thats like 60-65 rupees for ever kilometer. for a flying machine capable of carry 5 people or so thats Very very reasonable...
Hindustan Cheetah Helicopter - Price, Specs, Features

pmaitra

Never knew about that one...lol looks like a older model of the Defender a poor man's defender. Is this manufacutered by HM or indian Jugaad version?
It is manufactured by HM. It is not a Jugaad version, but HM itself survives on Jugaad. :lol:

@indian_sukhoi @pmaitra

I found the below link for the Cheetah heli comparing it with other light copter. Have the deficiencies pointed out below been improved upon in the Cheetal??

AND look at that fuel cost per nautical mile which is 3$. thats like 60-65 rupees for ever kilometer. for a flying machine capable of carry 5 people or so thats Very very reasonable...
Hindustan Cheetah Helicopter - Price, Specs, Features
I would say that is reasonable. Also, I am not sure how much India is paying to France as licensing costs. I would definitely like to see HAL ALH exported to Afghanistan.

vram

Country flag
It is manufactured by HM. It is not a Jugaad version, but HM itself survives on Jugaad. :lol:

I would say that is reasonable. Also, I am not sure how much India is paying to France as licensing costs. I would definitely like to see HAL ALH exported to Afghanistan.
True. Also that same site above has ALH information also. With the kind of unique features that Dhruv has it is definitely a cut over the competion in some respects. But it does cost a cool 7 mil $ or so.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles