Greatest Indian of the 20th Century

Choose one of your favourite Indian of last Century

• Total voters

Rage

DFI TEAM
My personal pic: is Sardar Vallabh bhai Patel.

If you read what this man had to go through personally, or for the unification of this country, you'd cry too.

He is a man after my own heart:

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
i think the greatest indian of 20th century was netaji subhas chandra bose.even though the military campaign of azad hind fauj failed but he was a true patriot and had the courage to stand up against a mighty empire all by himself and had the resolve to mobilize a mass military force against the british.i know some may say gandhiji but i have a completely different viewpoint.a very wrong idea in the western scholars and some indians is that gandhiji invented the use of non violence.the fact is non violence has been the basis of indian civilization for more than 5000 years and is part of the teachings of bhagvad gita,purana,upanishads and even gautam buddha.gandhiji implemented the idea of non violence in freeedom movement he was supported by millions in india.also gandhiji couldn't prevent the partion and the subsequent killing of millions of people

Rahul92

well my favourite is bhagat singh & subash chandra bose they are the only ones who have real courage

INQUILAB ZINDABAD

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
In hindsight, I vote for the pork eating, cigar smoking, scotch swilling Jinnah; creator of Pakistan as the Greatest Indian of 20th century.
By engineering the worlds largest process of self selection of one's country, he has insulated India from extremism, bloodshed and violence.

johnee

In hindsight, I vote for the pork eating, cigar smoking, scotch swilling Jinnah; creator of Pakistan as the Greatest Indian of 20th century.
By engineering the worlds largest process of self selection of one's country, he has insulated India from extremism, bloodshed and violence.
Perhaps, there would have been no extremism, bloodshed and violence if it were not for the process put in motion by Jinnah at the behest of British...

johnee

My take:
Politically, Gandhiji had the greatest impact on India.
Socially, Ambedkar had the greatest impact on India.
Economically, PV Narasimha Rao had the the greatest impact on India.
Militarily, Indira Gandhi had the greatest impact by utterly defeating the enemy.
Spiritually, Swami Vivekananda had the greatest impact on India.

PS: I have only taken into account the popular figures. Frankly, India houses many many great people along with the worst variety in every century.

Adux

Country flag
This deserves to be the tag line of the forum. Excellent choice of words, Singh

Adux

Country flag
Where is the most important man in Modern Indian History, Where is Narsmiha Rao! We have not done right by that man! Not Cool India, Not Cool at all.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
We have not done right by that man! Not Cool India, Not Cool at all.
Not done right is an understatement ! Congress practically shifted all the blame of the Ayodha fiasco on him

Last edited:

Param

Not done right is an understatement ! Congress practically shifted the blame of the Ayodha fiasco on him
When it comes to Congis, nobody is holier,cleaner and greater than the members of the Dynasty.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Where is the most important man in Modern Indian History, Where is Narsmiha Rao! We have not done right by that man! Not Cool India, Not Cool at all.
Agreed. :namaste:

He did a lot of good, received very little credit, and disproportionate blame.

t_co

Why is Bose even on this list? He's the Indian equivalent of Vlasov or Quisling.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Why is Bose even on this list? He's the Indian equivalent of Vlasov or Quisling.
No he's nothing like chinese mao! He was great the only fallacy of Bose and Patel was to allow scoundral agent Gandhi to reign supreme over India!

Blackwater

bose was emmotional fool(in a positive way) his contribution for Indian independence was silent but great one,he is forgotten hero of india

Bose moved around foreign countries to get independence but number Delhi wale le Gaye

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles