Great places to eat

Rahul92

This thread is dedicated for discussion of food and the good places to get it

Galaxy

Country flag
There are many great places to eat. But I went to drink special tea in Mana Village. It's last habited place in Uttrakhand. I travelled few hundred KM with my friends just to drink tea there in Chilling and awesome place full of high and adventurous mountain ranges. It was dream cum true. If anyone planning to visit Badrinath, Must visit Mana village :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mana,_India

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Me and my friends usually used to go to Valparai,Pykara on one day coffee sipping trips, about once a month while in college

Awesome places.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Wait till Singh sees this thread and go gaga over food in Delhi.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
There are many Indian restaurants near where I live in the States. If a menu mentions a particular cuisine, what's good?

(This should start something. :-D)

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
There are many Indian restaurants near where I live in the States. If a menu mentions a particular cuisine, what's good?

(This should start something. :-D)
Can't say because food in Indian restaurants in usa doesn't taste like what i eat here on a daily basis.

the ones in uk are more similar to real Indian food.

but i would recommend butter chicken with butter naan, malai tikka. i dont know how they'll prepare the heavy stuff so i wont recommend that.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
did someone remember me ??

Since its a great place to eat and not great food I'll spring a few surprises

1. Bukhara - Maurya Sheraton, Delhi

One of the finest kebab joints in the world, go for their mutton which is melt in your mouth delicious. I don't recommend their non veg platter, or hillary/bill platters. Go for mutton dishes ! esp the raan. It has a very casual ambience for a very expensive and acclaimed restaurant. Put on a bib, order wine and pig out.

2. Karim - Jama Masjid, Delhi

A relatively huge space in the tiny congested bylanes of Old Delhi. Fine mughlai food, order mutton badam pasanda, biryani, seekh kebab
You are literally walking through history to get there,, and the semi-communal sitting makes it special.

3. Langar - Bangla Sahib, Delhi

Oasis of calm and peace in downtown Delhi. Relish the simple meal, made with love and devotion sitting alongside some of the richest and the poorest people of Delhi. It truly is a must do.

4. Setz, Emporio Mall, Delhi

Located in the most luxorious mall in India, and in very chic setting, its the best place to have, see and be seen on a Sunday afternoon. One of the most lavish buffet spread in India, with cuisines from all over the world. I recommend everything on the menu.

5. three sixty, oberoi, delhi

The food here is good, nothing exceptional but the who's who of Delhi gathers here. Its not uncommon to see Gandhi family, or one of the billionaires sitting there, enjoying there meal. It has a great ambience, and reeks of power.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
If in Himachal do taste Tupka..

If in Punjab don't miss Tandoori items so does dal makni with Butter nan..

If in Kolkata do have Chinese and thai food..

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Is it tupka ? the same as thupka aka half fried/half steamed dumplings ?

In kolkatta - also do have bengali food, and nizam's kathi rolls ! yb knows my opinion of kolkatta restaurants though !

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
In setz i saw rahul, sachin and omar eating together.

Its damn expensive....i wouldn't suggest it to anyone. Bangla Sahib was opposite my school.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
you are from st columba's ?

meh you still suck ! dip sites rule !!!

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^ and dlf is now owned by robert vadra :p

Latest Replies