Grateful to India for its role in Liberation War: Bangladesh Prime Minister

Jameson Emoni

I am glad Modi is allowing Mamata some exposures to foreign dignitaries.

---

Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Friday said that her country was grateful to India for its role in the Liberation War of 1971.

“India provided shelter to more than one crore people of Bangladesh during the Liberation War. We will always remain grateful for their role during the war. We can never forget it. I want the cordial relations between India and Bangladesh to flourish further,” said Hasina after a 45-minute long meeting with West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in the backdrop of her visit to Kolkata to witness the first-ever pink ball day-night test match between India and Bangladesh.

West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee stressed on the fact that it was a courtesy visit, however, several issues relating to the bilateral ties between the two nations were discussed.

“We had a very cordial meeting with the Bangladesh Prime Minister. India and Bangladesh share a very historically cordial relation. We discussed issues between the two nations and how bilateral ties between the two nations can be strengthened. I have invited her to visit here again,” said Banerjee after her meeting with PM Hasina.

Hasina arrived around 11 am today in Kolkata and was given a grand welcome at the Eden Gardens where the historic pink-ball Test match is being played between India and Bangladesh.

Prime Minister Hasina and Chief Minister Banerjee rang the bell together ushering the beginning of the pink ball match in Kolkata.

https://www.wionews.com/india-news/...angladesh-prime-minister-sheikh-hasina-263955

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles