graduation photos of Chinese college students

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I have not understood what these photos, though very remarkable, is aiming to convey.

Does it mean that all who graduate have to do these type of group callisthenics as they go up to get their graduation certificates?

Or are they graduating from a Physical Education and Gymnastic College and so they have to adopt these poses?

Honestly haven't understood.

Compersion

Country flag
which university is that ... also why one lady in red.

i like the guy on the mobile phone as if all is normal :cool2:

these photos must be trending in PRC ...

Free Karma

are these from your class or something?
Your college library feels exactly like mine lol :p

i like the guy on the mobile phone as if all is normal :cool2:

How did you even notice the guy in the background :lol:...also it's not clear if he is smsing on mobile :p

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
@Ray

I like photos from nimo_cn more than this kind of thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Compersion

Country flag
are these from your class or something?
Your college library feels exactly like mine lol :p

How did you even notice the guy in the background :lol:...also it's not clear if he is smsing on mobile :p
the guy clearly has more interest and is not concerned at all what is happening with the female species in nearby vicinity. it is like it is normal and such behavior has been done before.

i tend look what is (reason) behind the (not normal) posing.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Ray

I like photos from nimo_cn more than this kind of thing.

I like the photos too including the ones of the gymnastic poses they have to undertake to pick up the graduation degrees.

But one has to know the context.

Random photos make no sense.

Imagine some Indian film buff starts posting photos of Indian film stars and that nothing more, just photos!

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
i tend look what is (reason) behind the (not normal) posing.
You find that abnormal? Wait till you see how western teens pose (and the absolute horror they call the "duck-face," especially the YOLO-SWAG variation of it).

Being on the flight-deck of the Chinese flagship is something to cheer about :)

Compersion

Country flag
To indicate that China is full of happy, even if not normal, people?
Agreed.

The pride and delight from the foot soldiers that their work is being borne and the fruits are displayed in their society. the foot soldiers vanity is being flattered by the display of happy, even if not normal, people. It is consumption for these to continue to fulfill their tasks since such display in their mind identify such images with normalcy and happiness.

Reactions: Ray

Compersion

Country flag
You find that abnormal? Wait till you see how western teens pose (and the absolute horror they call the "duck-face," especially the YOLO-SWAG variation of it).

Being on the flight-deck of the Chinese flagship is something to cheer about :)
The western teens have their thing. Tomorrow it will be another thing. But the above is the "thing" occurring for a long time in PRC - especially North Korea.

With reference to the gymnasts above and others above are people - not sure if they are "eye candy" - but respect to them and wish them all the best in their future.

When i first had seen the pictures from the PRC aircraft carrier i thought they were from North Korea. In fact i thought the PRC photographer was taking North Korea consultancy advise. It was unnatural. The posing by the people (not sure if they were navy people) and the demonstrations and pretentiousness on the aircraft carrier and what that the people were doing was extreme. The flawless position of the smiles and unadulterated location of the individuals it was old school indoctrination (purpose) for the PRC public eyes.

The photos on the PRC Aircraft carrier of the people were probably more extreme compared to the gymnasts above.

Either-way the PRC have a Aircraft carrier. it is a big thing.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is true that the Chinese girls, the slim ones especially, look the same to foreigners.

But, if they let you look close, you will notice the difference.

Their food chemistry encourages a slim look.

Those who wish to slim down must have real Chinese food.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

nimo_cn

Country flag
I have not understood what these photos, though very remarkable, is aiming to convey.

Does it mean that all who graduate have to do these type of group callisthenics as they go up to get their graduation certificates?

Or are they graduating from a Physical Education and Gymnastic College and so they have to adopt these poses?

Honestly haven't understood.
Taking group photos is part of the graduation ceremony, it's like a tradition and Chinese take it seriously.

It is not mandatory, being absent wont cost you the certificate, but normally we wont miss it.

Traditionally, it's just a group of faculty members and students standing in front of the college library, therefore the photos are usually dull. But today's students add some creativity into this old tradition, making it much more interesting.

The girls in the photos are dancers.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles