Govt to stop buying INSAS rifles from Ordnance Factory Tiruchirappalli

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Re: Govt to stop buying INSAS rifles from Ordnance Factory Tiruchirapp

There is no need to built more insas if army has enough reserves of it.Plus the army is an way going to replace it with the so called Finsas or thhee multicals in the infantry units in the near future.And now almost all the battallionsa aree equipped with insas and that are nowhere near end of life cycle.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

This move is taken out of sudden was not per-planned, that is one reason factory workers are not happy..

Afaik, INSAS 1B1 was replacing INSAS 1B from all Units in IA, This process was in progress until now..

mikhail

Country flag

This move is taken out of sudden was not per-planned, that is one reason factory workers are not happy..

Afaik, INSAS 1B1 was replacing INSAS 1B from all Units in IA, This process was in progress until now..
sir, does the INSAS 1B1 has black polymer finish instead of that orange regular look?actually i saw a large no. of RPF jawans using these new INSAS rifles in the Kolkata Metro(they also have foldable butts instead of fixed butt).and what the basic difference between the upgraded INSAS 1B1 and INSAS 1B?thanks in advance.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

1. Better metallurgy than 1B which helps reduce the weight and increase thickness..
2. Black fiber body..
3. Rifle Quality improved..
4. Sound reduction..

The 1B1 is at least 700gms - 1kg lesser than 1B..

sir, does the INSAS 1B1 has black polymer finish instead of that orange regular look?actually i saw a large no. of RPF jawans using these new INSAS rifles in the Kolkata Metro(they also have foldable butts instead of fixed butt).and what the basic difference between the upgraded INSAS 1B1 and INSAS 1B?thanks in advance.

Victor Sierra

Country flag

Let me en-light you, Havaldar didn't know the purpose of both rounds, And used early version of INSAS..

7.62m43 AK rounds have lesser range but more stopping power, Where as 5.56mm are high velocity bullets in longer ranges have better penetration capability..
Sorry Sir, I clearly believe that our Soldiers are well aware of purpose of rounds. Both its range & its impact. Its clearly not possible to fight unless you don't know about your guns. Also soldiers are aware of estimating the distance of various terrain to make sure whether the enemy is within their range of fire or not. To reach a rank of Havaldar, it takes years of good record. I have seen soldiers have knowledge of grooves also.

It might be that some soldiers are not aware but so far as many I have seen, they know their gun very well.

Yes, they might not know the deep technical knowledge but saying that they don't know its range & impact is kind of not acceptable, at-least to me.

Other-case, the particular soldier might not be aware or is not well experienced & was bluffing. Normally you expect that if someone is asking, he is not aware of the thing.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

If you read, I said that 'Havaldar' and the content which i replied too..

Majority of men dont know deep knowledge about each and everything, what is taught is what they need to know basis, Different Round is one of it..

Sorry Sir, I clearly believe that our Soldiers are well aware of purpose of rounds. Both its range & its impact. Its clearly not possible to fight unless you don't know about your guns. Also soldiers are aware of estimating the distance of various terrain to make sure whether the enemy is within their range of fire or not. To reach a rank of Havaldar, it takes years of good record. I have seen soldiers have knowledge of grooves also.

It might be that some soldiers are not aware but so far as many I have seen, they know their gun very well.

Yes, they might not know the deep technical knowledge but saying that they don't know its range & impact is kind of not acceptable, at-least to me.

Other-case, the particular soldier might not be aware or is not well experienced & was bluffing. Normally you expect that if someone is asking, he is not aware of the thing.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

When will people understand that in war wounded enemy is more useful then dead enemy soldier. Dead enemy soldier is useless and wounded enemy soldier held up 4-6 enemy manpower. That is why INSAS.

mikhail

Country flag

When will people understand that in war wounded enemy is more useful then dead enemy soldier. Dead enemy soldier is useless and wounded enemy soldier held up 4-6 enemy manpower. That is why INSAS.
but mate you are forgetting one important fact which is in the near future India will have to fight a war with either pakistan or china or both of them(in case of a two front war),both of which attach very little importance to their wounded soldiers at the time of war.so our primary objective will be to kill as many enemy soldiers as possible at that time.in that scenario an intermediate caliber like 6.5 or 6.8 will be more effective than the standard NATO 5.56 mm bullet.i think thats why the IA is desperate to choose an assault rifle of intermediate caliber!:rolleyes:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

but mate you are forgetting one important fact which is in the near future India will have to fight a war with either pakistan or china or both of them(in case of a two front war),both of which attach very little importance to their wounded soldiers at the time of war.so our primary objective will be to kill as many enemy soldiers as possible at that time.in that scenario an intermediate caliber like 6.5 or 6.8 will be more effective than the standard NATO 5.56 mm bullet.i think thats why the IA is desperate to choose an assault rifle of intermediate caliber!:rolleyes:
for two front war we have nukes, when things goes out of hand, what do you think we will fight two front war for how many days?
FINSAS has 5.56, 6.8 and 7.62. this may be because enemy has BPJ. Plus different round needed for different situations.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Just out of curiosity, why not suppose too ?

Snuggy321

This will be useless in fighting militants, who dont give a shit about their wounded fellow terrorists

Snuggy321

for two front war we have nukes, when things goes out of hand, what do you think we will fight two front war for how many days?
FINSAS has 5.56, 6.8 and 7.62. this may be because enemy has BPJ. Plus different round needed for different situations.
You know that we have a second strike doctrine?

Immanuel

Country flag

By the way what happened to the MSMC, last I heard it had passed trials with flying colors, why aren't placing a massive order for this one. If nothing else it is by far the best replacement for all armed state and central police units the .303 has to go. Commando units from various forces like the CISF, RPF, CRPF can use other weapons like X-95, TAR-21 etc but MSMC can be standard for the regular armed units.

SPIEZ

Country flag

Just out of curiosity, why not suppose too ?
I heard the deal did not fall through, not able to find the link right now.
Wonderful vehicle.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

These are purchased in small numbers..

I heard the deal did not fall through, not able to find the link right now.
Wonderful vehicle.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles