Govt names Dalbir Singh Suhag as next army chief

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

----------------------

---------------------

Last edited by a moderator:

ghost

Heard many good things about Gen. Suhag, true tactician, a soldier's soldier, a hardened elite infantry man, understands SF and the stuff that makes good SF operators. I for one am glad he is COAS, he understands the threats we face better than many. I hope V.K Singh and gen Suhag can squash their beef.

He has also served as the Inspector General Special Frontier Force all in all leave internal politics aside he has got some good credentials to justify his appointment.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
Politics seeped into the army long long back, nothing new. Go back to what general VK Singh said the day he took over the command as the Army chief, his very words were that the Army chaps keep off the government offices where they are busy having their ACRs worked out by pampering the bureaucracy and the politicians. There comes a time when the Delhi cantonment transfer is the most sort after, because you develop much needed political and bureaucratic networking to help further your career. Its too messed up, too much political interference, General Suhag is just an extension of the same system, just as General Bikram Singh is.
AFAIK, all promotions above Brigadier level compulsorily have political meddling.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
AFAIK, all promotions above Brigadier level compulsorily have political meddling.
You can be rest assured a lot of careers get crafted long before these chaps even make it to the Lt. Col. level, and then they make it right up there.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

He has also served as the Inspector General Special Frontier Force all in all leave internal politics aside he has got some good credentials to justify his appointment.
Would that make him superior?

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
You can be rest assured a lot of careers get crafted long before these chaps even make it to the Lt. Col. level, and then they make it right up there.
Can't say about that. My friends are mostly at Major level. Will find out soon.

Kaalapani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Where does Kejriwal and AAP come into all of this?

If they successfully manage to do what they are trying to do, i.e clean the roots off corruption, all aspects of life will get easier. Including the Military. ...Lesser delays in indignous projects, more funds to the military(as they wont be eaten up), No kickbacks on foreign deals,etc.
people would have voted for him is he had sticked to corruption in stead of showing his true Commie ideology.:namaste:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Not superior ,but definitely an add on to his credentials.
True, but I would feel that it does not in any way makes one superior or better than others.

Just my opinion.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned

He looks like he has been isolated away from human civilization his entire life. In other words like a deer in the headlights. :lol:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles