Google Inc., Cheats Indians

Emperor

One has to recall the past how PVNR did when microsoft gave kashmir to pakistan in its 98 OS.THen PVNR banned the whole crap.Microsoft responded according to Indian interests.

google should be given the same treatment.But it is unfortunate that our UPA gov is yankophile. :D

And MMS love everything that comes from american soil.Be it words or equipment what not?

bhramos

Country flag
Its simple.
Show your nationalism ,be patriotic towards ur nation and ban all the google products.
Pass the message to friends and family.
Create a webpage calling for Sign-petition to ban google and close its branches in India if it fails apologize to each and every Indian.

I stopped using google products for a long time when I first came across this issue on BRF.

If any computer geeks over there,gather few more geeks and start a new search engine and I will support.We can make every Indian use it.
But please dont bring a crappy mailbox sort of thing like rediff.

.HEIL INDIAN EMPIRE.
i support ur cause and idea, but when IDF was hacked no one came to save us, it was publically accepted that PDF hacked it, but where is response?

Emperor

^^
I did protested.Since I only know few ABC in software,I ended up only shouting on defence forums.I got banned 11 times from that PDF for putting up my voices.And yet there is a lot of difference between IDF being hacked and Google`s double standards.
This is a national issue which is being projected world wide.And IDF is a community issue ,yet I regret for that incident.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
Unfortunately am not a software geek.else I would have created a new search engine for the sake of Indians.
It always makes me sad that we being a nation of more than 1.2 billion still depend on outsiders for regular and routine stuff like a simple search engine and operating systems and web browsers.

with the current IT base I expected Indian cos to come up with a different operating system and everything with an Indian substitute.

There cos were well drowned with process of outsourcing works but failed highly to realise their own potential.
We might have our own data base systems, our own servers systems.
None of these IT cos are truelove nationalistic.And people working for them are merely a robotic substance.

Both ISRO and DRDO developed thier own processors,but failed largely in commercializing the same for Indian citizens.This can be considered as another kick back to put down the local strengths.
HCL makes laptops.And it was murdered right in the begining with no big support.We call ourself Indians and often fail to use the Indian made yet we are always for that low cost chinese junk and costly western flares.

I write-off working for any western company that is discriminative towards India or Indians.And I am doing my own research work in the field I am interested in.One day I will put up all my products/designs on the table for my nations defense forces.(I will show my gratitude)

I am not blaming others working for these kind of hell bent companies,but calling/signalling those people to be cautious and to be more nationalistic.

I am not sure how many software geeks were there on DFI/BRF.If anyone over there ,please come out any join hands and do your share for being an INDIAN.

I honestly suck in this software things.else I would have created a webpage calling all the Indians and igniting their patriotic feeling which were asleep all these decades.Hence I opt such avenues like these discussion forums to share my views and opinions.

Or else,I would appreciate any one helping me in technical aspects for creating such webpages/search engines.

JAI HIND. Be Indian Live like Indian.:india:
JAI HIND.

But still, we have to remember that Google is a Search Engine used by 90% of all netizens and their index is the hugest. Even Microsoft Bing has hardly been to make a dent in Google's usage. Creating a Search Engine to compete with Google is not feasible.

What can be done is create an anti-google sentiment through the media and force the Government to take some steps with Google to result in corrective actions. We should be able to at least make google change their maps to show AP/PoK and Aksai Chin in India at least for Indian users.

It is a commercial company and I don't expect them to go against their business interests by not showing India and China each what they want to see.

My solution - make google show the disputed areas as Indian territories for Indian users, I care a sh!t what the Chines want, should show them as "Indian territory" or disputed areas for neutral/non-indian or chinese users.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Just had a look at google map of India. they have dotted lines along the entire J&K, Uttarakhand, Arunachal Pradesh. So all the so called "disputed" regions are in dotted lines and the other areas have a firm line. Guess what, they have a firm line around Sikkim. Google sure does listen to the Chinese.

Quickgun Murugan

Just had a look at google map of India. they have dotted lines along the entire J&K, Uttarakhand, Arunachal Pradesh. So all the so called "disputed" regions are in dotted lines and the other areas have a firm line.
this is the google india map.

Google Maps

I think you are watching google.com map(which is US map). India can only control google india and not google usa

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
Unfortunately am not a software geek.else I would have created a new search engine for the sake of Indians.
It always makes me sad that we being a nation of more than 1.2 billion still depend on outsiders for regular and routine stuff like a simple search engine and operating systems and web browsers.

with the current IT base I expected Indian cos to come up with a different operating system and everything with an Indian substitute.

There cos were well drowned with process of outsourcing works but failed highly to realise their own potential.
We might have our own data base systems, our own servers systems.
None of these IT cos are truelove nationalistic.And people working for them are merely a robotic substance.

Both ISRO and DRDO developed thier own processors,but failed largely in commercializing the same for Indian citizens.This can be considered as another kick back to put down the local strengths.
HCL makes laptops.And it was murdered right in the begining with no big support.We call ourself Indians and often fail to use the Indian made yet we are always for that low cost chinese junk and costly western flares.

I write-off working for any western company that is discriminative towards India or Indians.And I am doing my own research work in the field I am interested in.One day I will put up all my products/designs on the table for my nations defense forces.(I will show my gratitude)

I am not blaming others working for these kind of hell bent companies,but calling/signalling those people to be cautious and to be more nationalistic.

I am not sure how many software geeks were there on DFI/BRF.If anyone over there ,please come out any join hands and do your share for being an INDIAN.

I honestly suck in this software things.else I would have created a webpage calling all the Indians and igniting their patriotic feeling which were asleep all these decades.Hence I opt such avenues like these discussion forums to share my views and opinions.

Or else,I would appreciate any one helping me in technical aspects for creating such webpages/search engines.

JAI HIND. Be Indian Live like Indian.:india:
Apart from the huge infrastructure processing servers, search servers, web-crawlers and petabyte capacity web-servers, the most important aspect is the human psychology of habit and getting used to.
Since everybody uses it and has got used to it, it is difficult to turn people who use it away from it. This is the same problem MS is facing with Bing.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
this is the google india map.

Google Maps

I think you are watching google.com map(which is US map). India can only control google india and not google usa
Different maps for different countries consumption eh!! This map has everything right about it.

Jam

There is an option called Cuil its a google killer by ex-google employees.

ruin google, its a cult

atleast_a_bronze

Country flag
See Google's response to the different versions of the maps -

Arunachal is in India and in China too

Drimi Chaudhuri, Hindustan Times
Email Author
Kolkata, November 26, 2009
First Published: 13:07 IST(26/11/2009)
Last Updated: 13:19 IST(26/11/2009)

Print

Where is Arunachal Pradesh? Google is certain that it is in India and is also equally firm it is in China. And for good measure the world's most-used search engine describes it as a disputed terriroty as well.

The option thrown up among these three depends where on earth you are googling from.

If you’re in India, Arunachal Pradesh is a part of India and if you punch in your question on the search engine from a location in China, then Arunachal Pradesh is shown part of that country. And if you are anywhere else in the world trying to locate Arunachal Pradesh on Google, then it is displayed as a ‘disputed’ territory.

Google provides a map service of the Earth, based on satellite imagery, maps, terrain and 3D images of cities.

A search for Arunachal Pradesh on Google Map throws up a variety of links, giving the North East provinces' exact latitude and longitude. The hilly province’s ownership, however, is an entirely different matter.

From Google international portal, Arunachal is marked with a dotted line, depicting the area to be a disputed territory. Searching from Google’s Indian portal, it’s seen as an integral part of India.

A search from Google China, on the other hand, does not show the Sino-Indian border, with Arunachal seamlessly merged in.

In an official statement to the Hindustan Times, Google pointed out that it was “standard practice” to show disputed regions around the world on its global products like Google Maps.

“It has been our consistent and global policy to depict disputed regions as per the claims made by the disputing/claiming nations. This does not in any way endorse or affirm the position taken by any side but merely provides complete information on the prevailing geo-political situation to our users in a dispassionate and accurate manner,” the spokesperson said.

The statement further explained that with localised products like Google Maps India, there could be depictions of the country’s position “as per the mandate of their local laws.”

While this seemed like Google’s attempt at being politically correct, several blogs tracking global geopolitical situations have scathingly criticised the search engine’s policy of customising maps to suit nationalistic ends.

Arunachal Pradesh — 27.06 degrees North and 93.3 degrees East — is the eastern most state on the Indian map, with Myanmar to its east, Bhutan in northwest and bordering Tibet.

The province has been a sore point for both India and China, with the latter claiming the province as its own since 1962, when it captured a large portion of the North East.

The Chinese demanded Arunachal as its own, citing the Simla accord, signed between British India, China and Tibet in 1914, defining the official Sino-Indian border, McMahon Line.
'Arunachal is in India and in China too'- Hindustan Times

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles