Glenn Beck calling Ganga a disease and trashing India

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

Another right wing nutter on fox news.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Glenn back is another loony right winger who indulges in conspiracy theories much like Zahil Hamid. He is being mocked almost daily by John Stewart on The Daily Show. Just ignore him.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I know he's a loony but he has a decent following in yankland and of course the tea party.

In anycase others should know what an idiot he actually is.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
What an idiot! Typical of those wannabes. He'd be lynched if he says that in India. :lol:

Oracle

He's mental, but not wrong either, considering the state Ganga is in now! Even though, he did not mean pollution! Sarcastic & narcissist schmuck!

JBH22

The world according to the average Glenn beck looks like that

Americans are NOT stupid - WITH SUBTITLES

Better study in the raghurajam university because the averge smith IQ=0

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

Well, this gora has to do this type of Bakwas to get TRP. He is one of those gora of film Nameste London ,who still thinks India is land of snake charmers. His views also implicates that general American media never show and say good thing about India, due to that there public's general knowledge is nilll............. about India.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
Glen Beck is an absolute nutcase who caters to the far-right maybe even extreme far-right. But one of his points about the quality of doctors is valid.

As far as Indian doctors in the US go - I am sure there are many excellent Indian trained doctors in the US, but generally I prefer American doctors.

The reason is very simple - It is extremely difficult to get admission into Medical school in the US or Canada. You have to have a 4-year bachelors degree and be a top student before you can even apply. That is not enough, you still have to take MCAT and have a great score there too. Once you get into medical school - it takes another 4 + 2 year residency to get out.

There is no such thing as paying donations to get your dumb son or daughter into a medical school. Recommendations from the elite of society dont matter if you dont have the grades. Example: you can be the son of a senator and you wont get in if you have average grades.

By the time they finish and graduate with an MD - they have almost spent 8-10 years in university.
Finally its also very expensive - Most student who dont come from rich families have to take out about $100K - $200K in loans before they graduate.

I realize that even in India you have to be a topper to get admission on merit to Medical school but some schools like Manipal who take students on donation. I still remember student with 3rd class in GCE O levels in Malaysia whose parents paid huge donations to get their son into Manipal 30 years ago.

Here is a funny story about med-school admission in the US:

Whenever I go for family weddings, parties, etc here in the US; I always meet a lot of college-age 2nd generation Indian kids whose parents proudly boast about their children going for medicine.
4 or 5 years later when we meet again at another family function - I always am amused by reaction of the parents when I ask them what their kids are doing. Mostly the answer is like - Oh, he changed his mind, and he decided to do physiotherapy or optometry or pharmacy, dentistry, etc, etc, etc. Or something like "she just lost interest".

The one thing you will never hear an Indian parent say is - his grades were not good enough to get in anywhere.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles