Girlfriends are only for those who have big purse/pockets

EXPERT

Just wanted to discuss that really GIRLFRIENDS are only for those who have high earnings, this perception is truly going common between todays boys. As they thought that girls are attracted only by money and fame of someone.

plz give your feedbacks......

Blackwater

Just wanted to discuss that really GIRLFRIENDS are only for those who have high earnings, this perception is truly going common between todays boys. As they thought that girls are attracted only by money and fame of someone.

95% goes for $$$$$$ only , only 5% goes for looks only

pmaitra

Girlfriends are only for those who have big purse/pockets
This is not necessarily true.

I have had a scarcity of GFs when I had no scarcity of money, and scarcity of money when I had no scarcity of GFs. The truth is, when you are making money, you don't have time to socialize.

Patriot

Country flag
There is no fix rule & requirement about ladies to be GF or not. These things may help but can not gurantee anything. Do not waste your time mate, if a girl want to be with you it shall be HER wish not your ability or resources.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
No true in most cases. Of course, if you want to have a high-maintainance girlfriend then you obviously need deep pockets to keep them happy. But this is not the case with an average Indian girl who would look for a smart guy with good future potential and not necessarily the money.

Blackwater

No true in most cases. Of course, if you want to have a high-maintainance girlfriend then you obviously need deep pockets to keep them happy. But this is not the case with an average Indian girl who would look for a smart guy with good future potential and not necessarily the money.
Expert is talking of Indian girl not Italian:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
LOL, I have a feeling that this thread is going to get a lot of responses. :lol:

In my experience, money does matter even in the Indian context, but not in "direct terms". What I mean is, even though there are a few girls who would look for a guy specifically just to eat his money on a short-term basis (such girls do exist), girls who want a serious relationship look for "stability" in their partner. A well-settled person with property of his own and a good car, and who earns sufficiently well, and who is "stable and robust" in life and career is incredibly attractive to girls. There are girls who will swear that "money doesn't matter to them" but even if they are speaking the truth, every girl subconsciously looks for "security and stability" - if it is a serious relationship. And "security and stability" comes only with a good career and good money in the bank.

Believe me, an average looking 30 year old with an excellent job and who's doing well in his career and who has a house of his own and a good car is incredibly more attractive to a girl than a 25 year old bodybuilder hunk who works in a call center or any low paying job. 999 girls out of 1000 would choose the former (the 30 year old) over the bodybuilder hunk. Yes, this is true.

So in that sense money is certainly important, but not in a blatant way - not in a "I want a new diamond pendant and new dress every weekend" type of way.

That said, I have had interesting experiences with girls who are blatant about sucking out the guy's money too - but that's another story. And such girls are rare in the middle-class Indian context...

Last edited:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Not really. Though, psychologically, a girl is more tuned to look for a match who provides a secured future, but then that security gets driven by factors more than just the money part, money would matter to an extent, but not the wholesome reason for a girl to cling on with you.

pmaitra

Believe me, an average looking 30 year old with an excellent job and who's doing well in his career and who has a house of his own and a good car is incredibly more attractive to a girl than a 25 year old bodybuilder hunk who works in a call center or any low paying job. 999 girls out of 1000 would choose the former (the 30 year old) over the bodybuilder hunk.
For most of us, it is next to impossible to be a body-builder, because we don't have time. However, people with big bellies are, well, not exactly the most attractive. You don't have to have a Schwartzenegger-esque physique, but fitness generally gives you an edge over other men, even if they are earning 10% more than you. Also, if you do basic cardio, you will perform better.

Blackwater

I'm also talking about Indian girl. May be its different in Punjab. :laugh:
girl all over the world wants a guy with only one thing $$$$$$$$, forget punjab, in punjab girls want big jagannath with $$$ too

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

That's subjective. What is the level of earning that one should have, beyond which one's chances of getting a girlfriend/s doesn't improve or is saturated ?

However, Personally Girls bounce back from breakups much faster than Guys. Evolution at play I guess.

pmaitra

That's subjective. What is the level of earning that one should have, beyond which one's chances of getting a girlfriend/s doesn't improve or is saturated ?

However, Personally Girls bounce back from breakups much faster than Guys. Evolution at play I guess.
This is probably because (I am making an uneducated guess here) girls have a very short fertile span, so they have to make the best of the short time they have; while men have all the time to wait till they find the best mate.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
For most of us, it is next to impossible to be a body-builder, because we don't have time. However, people with big bellies are, well, not exactly the most attractive. You don't have to have a Schwartzenegger-esque physique, but fitness generally gives you an edge over other men, even if they are earning 10% more than you. Also, if you do basic cardio, you will perform better.
Hey, if one is completely fugly - someone with a gigantic tummy and who smells bad, and who is a complete social misfit - then my comments don't apply at all!!

I am talking about someone who is "average looking" as opposed to "hunky". Haven't you seen all those kids in the malls these days - they spend half their time in the gym, and strive to be as "fashionable and cool" as they can - constantly obsessing about their hairstyle, the brand of their clothes, the kind of stubble they grow, and so on and so forth. Think of one of those kids on the one hand, and an average looking (though not fugly) guy on the other. The latter does not go to the gym, but is smart and intelligent, and is mature, and has immense "stability" financially and career-wise, and has 1-2 assets such as an own house and a flat, and drives a decent car (lets say a Hyundai Accent or Indigo Manza - nothing too hi-fi). The latter guy does not bother with hair-gels and funky trendy stuff. In such a case, I guarantee you that in 999 cases out of thousand, an Indian girl will choose the latter, and not the former.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Hey, if one is completely fugly - someone with a gigantic tummy and who smells bad, and who is a complete social misfit - then my comments don't apply at all!!

I am talking about someone who is "average looking" as opposed to "hunky". Haven't you seen all those kids in the malls these days - they spend half their time in the gym, and strive to be as "fashionable and cool" as they can - constantly obsessing about their hairstyle, the brand of their clothes, the kind of stubble they grow, and so on and so forth. Think of one of those kids on the one hand, and an average looking (though not fugly) guy on the other. The latter does not go to the gym, but is smart and intelligent, and is mature, and has immense "stability" financially and career-wise, and has 1-2 assets such as an own house and a flat, and drives a decent car (lets say a Hyundai Accent or Indigo Manza - nothing too hi-fi). The latter guy does not bother with hair-gels and funky trendy stuff.

In such a case, I guarantee you that in 999 cases out of thousand, an Indian girl will choose the latter, and not the former.
In 999 out of a 1000, that girl will be fugly. :lol:

pmaitra

Agree.

I am talking about someone who is "average looking" as opposed to "hunky". Haven't you seen all those kids in the malls these days - they spend half their time in the gym, and strive to be as "fashionable and cool" as they can - constantly obsessing about their hairstyle, the brand of their clothes, the kind of stubble they grow, and so on and so forth. Think of one of those kids on the one hand, and an average looking (though not fugly) guy on the other. The latter does not go to the gym, but is smart and intelligent, and is mature, and has immense "stability" financially and career-wise. The latter guy does not bother with hair-gels and funky trendy stuff. In such a case, I guarantee you that in 999 cases out of thousand, an Indian girl will choose the latter, and not the former.
For the bold part, I have a lot of respect for people who spend time at the gym. Spending time at the gym is way better than shopping, playing video games, watching movies, etc.. While it might not be advisable to spend "half" their time (whatever that means), spending 4 hours a week is the bare minimum one should do. Or play tennis or soccer for a total of 4 hours every week.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles