Girl threatens self-immolation outside Balochistan Assembly

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
QUETTA: A 22-year-old resident of the restive Kohlu district threatened to self-immolate if her brother – who was whisked away by security agencies on September 20, 2011 – was not safely returned to the family.
Addressing a news conference at the hunger strike camp set up by the Voice for Baloch Missing Persons outside the Quetta Press Club on Monday, she said Sher Ali Marri went to Hyderabad along with nine other people of her family where he was picked up by security personnel near the Hydarabad "bakra mandi" (cattle market) and has been listed missing ever since.
"The authorities just kidnapped my brother and not the other people with him," she told reporters.
The girl said that her brother had no affiliation with any political party or organisation and had never been involved in any illegal activities.
"He was the sole breadwinner of our family. I will commit suicide in front of the Balochistan Assembly by burning myself if he is not returned safely back to us," she declared.
She asked the authorities to present her brother before a court if he was accused of any criminal offence. She also called upon the Supreme Court human rights organisations and the United Nations to play their role for the safe recovery of her brother and other missing Baloch people.
Responding to a query, Qadir Baloch, father of Jalil Reki – leader of the Baloch Republican Party (BRP), who has been missing for two years now – alleged that some people had threatened him to end the hunger strike camp.
"Two people came to the camp and even to my house and asked me to end the strike. They said they will kill my son Reki if I continue my hunger strike.
"This is the sole platform for the relatives of the missing Baloch people," he said, adding that the hunger strike will continue until all the missing persons were recovered.
Published in The Express Tribune, October 28th, 2011

Girl threatens self-immolation outside Balochistan Assembly – The Express Tribune

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I think she'd be shot or abducted before she can immolate herself.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I wonder if the Pakistani regime would react.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles