Gilgit Baltistan protest march. Calls on India to help

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
I think the topic of this thread is Gilgit-Baltistan protests and not Capitalism vs. Socalism. Let's try to get back on topic.

pmaitra

Yes, I agree. Let's get back to Gilgit-Baltistan.

pmaitra

^^

Oh ok, sorry, I thought you moved them. :)

Thanks a bunch!

pmaitra

Anyway, in what ways can India help those in Gilgit-Baltistan who want to separate form Pakistan?

pmaitra

^^

LB, let's leave it here for the time being.

Anyway, all members, please, let's get back to topic. Thanks!

pmaitra

Simplistic Plan:
  • Make a thrust towards Lahore, Gujranwala, Rawalpindi, Islamabad and Muzzafarabad, and a naval assault on Karachi.
  • Lay a siege on the aforementioned cities except Karachi.
  • Slice through the following routes in a two-pronged attack:
  • - Islamabad-Taxila-Attock-Nowshera-Peshawar
  • - Muzzafarabad-Mansehra-Mingora
  • - Linkup at Mardan
  • Now that Gilgit-Baltistan is isolated, convince NLI to switch sides.
  • Make rapid thrust northwards from Muzzafarabad via road, and insert paratroopers in Skardu.

Real operation will be much more complicated and weight in a lot of other factors. The most likely attacks could be along the lines mentioned here.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
^^If we're going to attack Islamabad and/or attempt a bifurcation of Pakland then we should also factor in nukes.

pmaitra

^^

That's right. Nukes are a major deterrent they have. We should pack enough punch to have a BlitzKrieg! How about while this operation is on, surgical missions are carried out and Pakistan's military and political leadership, at least a sizable portion of it, are taken hostage? Bad ethics, I know, but I would do it if it prevented them from nuking us.

KS

Bye bye DFI
People in GB who are pro-India are still far less than the pro-Pakistanis.

Unless we are ready for a mass slaughter of all those without fear or favor no point in discussing anything regarding invasion.

anyway even the whole of GB is not required - just the districts of Masherbrum, Shigar and Gojal would be enough.

arya

Country flag
Delhi should consider the local points , what you think pakistani will not cheat you .

Pakistani and snakes are equal both will byte if they get chance

pmaitra

Unless we are ready for a mass slaughter of all those without fear or favor no point in discussing anything regarding invasion.

anyway even the whole of GB is not required - just the districts of Masherbrum, Shigar and Gojal would be enough.
Do you have intelligence reports or are you just guessing? What are you citations? My citations are the opening post of this thread and this post.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Any talk of military solution does not belong to this thread. Only covert ops and what India can do at the international stage as well to stake claim or it's own territory. Well something that China does in the SCS though it's not it's own territory will help.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
One of the things India can and should do is to stop calling Kashmir a disputed territory and say its our territory just like china does for th spratlys though it's not theirs. I mean it's our territory and we should treat it as such. One that had been grabbed by international terrorist.

Second, ask China at each available opportunity to not meddle and vacate its troops from Indian Territory held by Pak.

Instigate a revolt within. Use it to our advantage.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Do you have intelligence reports or are you just guessing? What are you citations? My citations are the opening post of this thread and this post.
The google books you gave just says there was some resentment because the Pak army took in the Panjabi bodies and refused to take others...AFAIK they refused to take any body at first and not just bodies of soldiers from GB. Minor resentments.

One should not forget history that the GB people were the first to revolt against the Dogra rule and voluntarily joined Pakistan. The Gilgit scouts along with the PA actually played a crucial role in holding the advance of the Indian Army.

But it falls short of the main demand of the people of Gilgit- Baltistan for a constitutional status to the region as a fifth province and for Pakistani citizenship to its people.
Gilgit-Baltistan: A question of autonomy - Indian Express

pmaitra

^^

Mate, I could be wrong, but the thing is, we have some reason to believe they dislike Pakistan. They have been demanding constitutional status, yes, but that is after the LoC has become kind of inviolable, admittedly by India. All this 'we won't cross the LoC' stance of India helped get international support but also told the world that India is not too serious about getting those lands back. What would the GB people do?

And I really do not agree with this:
Immigrants and settlers do not count.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The google books you gave just says there was some resentment because the Pak army took in the Panjabi bodies and refused to take others...AFAIK they refused to take any body at first and not just bodies of soldiers from GB. Minor resentments.

One should not forget history that the GB people were the first to revolt against the Dogra rule and voluntarily joined Pakistan. The Gilgit scouts along with the PA actually played a crucial role in holding the advance of the Indian Army.

Gilgit-Baltistan: A question of autonomy - Indian Express
What they have faced afterwards has made them realize they would have been better off with India. Suits is to get our territory back.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles