Ghost Stories & other Paranormal Experiences

alphacentury

Country flag
Okay, time for ghost/paranormal stories. Note: I am not a witness to any of these stories.

STORY 1: This was told to me by my Grandaunt. The story must have been 50 yrs back. She had a 1 year old child then. Her husband was the night watchman then and was known around for his fearlessness. He and another man in the village were to do the job on alternate days. At that time tigers and a lot of other wild animals were living and found here. So my grandaunt and her kid were sleeping alone at home as it was her husband’s duty night that day. After sometime she woke up to the feeling of something moving around in house.(She thinks it was around midnight) They didn’t have current those days, only kerosene lamps, which were diminished before going to sleep. And she saw a slender tall, dark human like figure with hands drawn forward, holding a diya or something with a big flame of around 1 ft length. The figure roamed around in the house, often went out to again come back. She was crying by now and praying for her child. But she didn’t get up and acted to sleep. She was sleeping on the floor in a side room. The figure was constantly moving in and around the house. It never paused or stopped. The figure would go out of her sight for 10-20 mins and again come back. It seemed oblivious of any other presence. This went around for almost 2 hours until the figure stopped moving and stood still in front of the fireplace (chullah) with the fire still in its hand. He just stood there for almost one hour until she opened her eye to not see it. After some time when see thought it was safe to get up she dragged her self and banged at the wall and called her neighbor quietly. The walls between homes were joined and her neighbor could hear her. She knew her husband was not home and upon hearing her call she sent her husband to look. He came, looked inside and around the house but found nothing. He sat in the front verandah for the rest of the night. They did some Pooja after that. But no incident happened in between or after that.

PS- My grandaunt has a strong conviction that the figure came out from the chullah and went back inside it. Also, after hearing it I never asked her for another ghost story.:creepy:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
My real story,

In 2005-6 I and my friend used to walk approx 3+3 km daily , there is a Tehsildar office in a sub street on that road and that road itself is a sub road, Tehsildar office is very old building of Angrezon ka zamana. And that area is actually a village of some 100 people. We started our walk about 8 pm , at that time the houses on that road were closed and locked so no one was there and it was quite dark with only a bulb on at the door of a house, I think except that house all the houses were locked.

When we were returning a figure was sitting at the last closed door , it appeared that a jet black old man was sitting in squatting position we saw it when we were 100 feet away , were couldn't figure out what or who was that. Finally we reached very close to it , the road was 7 feet wide made up of Murum, I was on the left and my friend was on my right side, and that figure was also at the left, I was almost 3+2 feets away from me still I couldn't figure out what was it, when we crossed it I kept looking at it turning back, suddenly my friend tightly grabbed my hand and said "Abe palat ke mat dekh aur road se neeche mat utarna" I said ok, I suddenly felt thrill that time, we started to walk fast and first went to a Hanuman mandir, then returned to home.

Next day my friend told me that it was "Masan" a kind of ghost, but I still don't know what was it.

alphacentury

Country flag
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/in...ony-erupting-mount-bromo-160724065049142.html
Hindus perform annual ceremony on erupting Mount Bromo

An erupting volcano has not prevented Tenggerese people from performing their annual ceremony, which involves climbing to the rim of Mount Bromo's crater and delivering offerings like goats, chicken, and vegetables to the Hindu Gods.

The ceremony dates back to the 15th century when a childless couple - ancestors of the Tenggerese - prayed to God to be given children. God gave them 25 children, and in return, they sacrificed the youngest. Since then, once a year during a full moon, the Tenggerese hold what is called the Kasada Ceremony to honor the sacrifice of the youngest son of their ancestors.

This year, however, Mount Bromo is erupting and the government has warned religious Hindus to stay at least 1 kilometre from the crater. Only 20 priests are allowed to go up to the crater to throw offerings. The warning has been completely ignored.

The Tenggerese people believe the mountain will not harm them. But if they do not perform the ceremony, they fear bad things will fall upon them, such as a failed harvest, a pandemic, or even worse. So, starting in the dark, they walked up the steep slope of the erupting volcano, to stand on the rim of the crater and give their offerings.

A night before the ceremony Tenggerese children parade around the village carrying torches.

A morning view of erupting Mount Bromo

A man prays in a temple in front of mount Bromo.

People gather at the foot of mount Bromo on the day of the ceremony. On the background is the main temple of the Tengger people.

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
Nowadays people watch Savdhan India too much ! I'll directly land in to police custody, I don't trust on girls, but she is my first love and I don't want sex from her or any type of revenge. :)
savdan india is very dangerous............i watch one episode where wife has sex with another guy and ask guy to kill her husband. bad world now.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Okay, time for ghost/paranormal stories. Note: I am not a witness to any of these stories.

STORY 1: This was told to me by my Grandaunt. The story must have been 50 yrs back. She had a 1 year old child then. Her husband was the night watchman then and was known around for his fearlessness. He and another man in the village were to do the job on alternate days. At that time tigers and a lot of other wild animals were living and found here. So my grandaunt and her kid were sleeping alone at home as it was her husband’s duty night that day. After sometime she woke up to the feeling of something moving around in house.(She thinks it was around midnight) They didn’t have current those days, only kerosene lamps, which were diminished before going to sleep. And she saw a slender tall, dark human like figure with hands drawn forward, holding a diya or something with a big flame of around 1 ft length. The figure roamed around in the house, often went out to again come back. She was crying by now and praying for her child. But she didn’t get up and acted to sleep. She was sleeping on the floor in a side room. The figure was constantly moving in and around the house. It never paused or stopped. The figure would go out of her sight for 10-20 mins and again come back. It seemed oblivious of any other presence. This went around for almost 2 hours until the figure stopped moving and stood still in front of the fireplace (chullah) with the fire still in its hand. He just stood there for almost one hour until she opened her eye to not see it. After some time when see thought it was safe to get up she dragged her self and banged at the wall and called her neighbor quietly. The walls between homes were joined and her neighbor could hear her. She knew her husband was not home and upon hearing her call she sent her husband to look. He came, looked inside and around the house but found nothing. He sat in the front verandah for the rest of the night. They did some Pooja after that. But no incident happened in between or after that.

PS- My grandaunt has a strong conviction that the figure came out from the chullah and went back inside it. Also, after hearing it I never asked her for another ghost story.:creepy:

You should have asked for more dude. These are our oral traditions.

Anyway, I have a few too. Some are totally unbelievable told to me by my great-grandmother. But even though they were unbelievable to me, it was pretty clear to me, from looking at her expressions when she recalled the incidents, that she firmly believed in "paranormal" and black magic. After all she lived in a very different time. No electricity, no major dams to stop the yearly floods (this is KL,) forests everywhere etc.

Anyway I'll tell you a story told to me by my Nepali friend. This happened in Nepal several decades back. His (Nepali friend's) granddad had once gone to another village and was returning home. It was night-time and he was walking along a path. He had almost reached his village and his home. Some distance (some metres, perhaps) ahead he saw his son (a child at that time,) standing near a bush facing away from him. He called to his son and told him that play time is over, and that they need to go back home now. His son did not respond. He went closer and held his son by the shoulder and turned him around. And what he saw scared him so much that he did not talk to anyone for a long time. He saw a kid (it was not his son) and the kid had a face but the face was blank: no nose, no eyes, no mouth, no ears.
:scared1:

alphacentury

Country flag
You should have asked for more dude. These are our oral traditions.

Anyway, I have a few too. Some are totally unbelievable told to me by my great-grandmother. But even though they were unbelievable to me, it was pretty clear to me, from looking at her expressions when she recalled the incidents, that she firmly believed in "paranormal" and black magic. After all she lived in a very different time. No electricity, no major dams to stop the yearly floods (this is KL,) forests everywhere etc.
Dude, she laughs at TV/movie ghosts saying this shit aint scary.:bplease:

Anyway I'll tell you a story told to me by my Nepali friend. This happened in Nepal several decades back. His (Nepali friend's) granddad had once gone to another village and was returning home. It was night-time and he was walking along a path. He had almost reached his village and his home. Some distance (some metres, perhaps) ahead he saw his son (a child at that time,) standing near a bush facing away from him. He called to his son and told him that play time is over, and that they need to go back home now. His son did not respond. He went closer and held his son by the shoulder and turned him around. And what he saw scared him so much that he did not talk to anyone for a long time. He saw a kid (it was not his son) and the kid had a face but the face was blank: no nose, no eyes, no mouth, no ears.

alphacentury

Country flag
STORY 2: So, this incident happened 2006/7, i don’t remember correctly. I was in school then. My father worked away from home and my mother was visiting me that day. I was in a hostel and it was a sunday. So, she left my two sisters home with my aunt, one 15-16 another 8-9. We live in a village and it was quite green back then and we had lots of trees around our house. It was around 2 or 3 o clock, my lil sister had gone to the neighbor’s and was jogging back home, when she saw a gorilla type creature in a 10-12 ft tree. She was terrified and ran, she lost her slippers there. And while running she glanced that the creature was also readying to jump. May be it was also startled. She ran and almost fainted in the house. Others came out, found nothing, only her slippers. The neighbors and everyone looked around but found nothing.

She did not see the creature properly, only saw legs and back, some fore portion when it turned. Also, she did not describe it as a gorilla look alike, I concluded that after hearing. Gorilla in the sense black,hairy and monkish. But gorilla’s limbs are way too thick compared to torso which was not the case here. But it was taller than human also big in size. Anyway I heard it few months later when I came home and and also forgot it easily.

The story came up during a family gathering, when my aunt and uncle (siblings) after hearing this told that they also encountered something like that when they were little. They used to sneak up in the afternoon occasionally, when all elders were asleep to collect berries to a place some 150 mtrs from our house. They were strongly told to not wander around in afternoons. The place was like a small jungle. It had all kind of trees. So, they were both going one day, the sister a few meters behind her brother. Both were around 10-15. Upon reaching the edge the sister looked up to see the same creature sitting in a tall tree and looking into distance. She called her brother quietly who now was almost inside the jungle and upon looking back at her he knew something was wrong. So, he came back quietly and after looking where she pointed, they ran home fast and didn’t leave the house in the afternoon for a few days.

Now what these people saw could be anything, an illusion or another monkey, but that’s the story.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
STORY 2: So, this incident happened 2006/7, i don’t remember correctly. I was in school then. My father worked away from home and my mother was visiting me that day. I was in a hostel and it was a sunday. So, she left my two sisters home with my aunt, one 15-16 another 8-9. We live in a village and it was quite green back then and we had lots of trees around our house. It was around 2 or 3 o clock, my lil sister had gone to the neighbor’s and was jogging back home, when she saw a gorilla type creature in a 10-12 ft tree. She was terrified and ran, she lost her slippers there. And while running she glanced that the creature was also readying to jump. May be it was also startled. She ran and almost fainted in the house. Others came out, found nothing, only her slippers. The neighbors and everyone looked around but found nothing.

She did not see the creature properly, only saw legs and back, some fore portion when it turned. Also, she did not describe it as a gorilla look alike, I concluded that after hearing. Gorilla in the sense black,hairy and monkish. But gorilla’s limbs are way too thick compared to torso which was not the case here. But it was taller than human also big in size. Anyway I heard it few months later when I came home and and also forgot it easily.

The story came up during a family gathering, when my aunt and uncle (siblings) after hearing this told that they also encountered something like that when they were little. They used to sneak up in the afternoon occasionally, when all elders were asleep to collect berries to a place some 150 mtrs from our house. They were strongly told to not wander around in afternoons. The place was like a small jungle. It had all kind of trees. So, they were both going one day, the sister a few meters behind her brother. Both were around 10-15. Upon reaching the edge the sister looked up to see the same creature sitting in a tall tree and looking into distance. She called her brother quietly who now was almost inside the jungle and upon looking back at her he knew something was wrong. So, he came back quietly and after looking where she pointed, they ran home fast and didn’t leave the house in the afternoon for a few days.

Now what these people saw could be anything, an illusion or another monkey, but that’s the story.

Yeti type creature?
There are legends of yeti-type creatures in forested and remote areas all around the world (not kiddin')
From NA (sasquatch) to Rus, Mongolia, china, central asia, indonesia, SE asia and so on. One of them even turnde out to be true. That animal is called the Orangutan. In the Malay/Indonesian language it means "Forest Man"

Where is the incident you described taking place?

alphacentury

Country flag
Yeti type creature?
There are legends of yeti-type creatures in forested and remote areas all around the world (not kiddin')
From NA (sasquatch) to Rus, Mongolia, china, central asia, indonesia, SE asia and so on. One of them even turnde out to be true. That animal is called the Orangutan. In the Malay/Indonesian language it means "Forest Man"

Where is the incident you described taking place?
Yeah, Yeti like but not that big. Eastern Odisha.

A chauhan

Country flag

My Mama (maternal uncle) saw exactly same creature as you told, he was coming back from a late night movie show ( in Rajim ) it was around 1 am, when he looked at a electric pole (a bulb was on behind that pole at 50 feet distance) it looked like 4 feet wide hairy figure till 7 feet then a regular pole from 7 to 25 feet height. He found it strange that 7 inch pole was looking fat at the base, but suddenly the figure turned to him , it became clear that it was not the pole but gorilla like creature of 7 feet height full of sharp hairs then suddenly it jumped and crossed the wall beside that pole in a single effort, wall height was 8 feet, that creature had chains on his legs. He stopped watching late night movie shows. :scared2:

Let's create a thread of ghost stories !

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
My Mama (maternal uncle) saw exactly same creature as you told, he was coming back from a late night movie show ( in Rajim ) it was around 1 am, when he looked at a electric pole (a bulb was on behind that pole at 50 feet distance) it looked like 4 feet wide hairy figure till 7 feet then a regular pole from 7 to 25 feet height. He found it strange that 7 inch pole was looking fat at the base, but suddenly the figure turned to him , it became clear that it was not the pole but gorilla like creature of 7 feet height full of sharp hairs then suddenly it jumped and crossed the wall beside that pole in a single effort, wall height was 8 feet, that creature had chains on his legs. He stopped watching late night movie shows. :scared2:

The creature had chains?

Then it is likely that it was a circus bear which is trained to walk on hind-feet. But jumping an 8 foot wall maybe difficult for a bear.

:hmm:

I believe yeti-type creature do actually exist and that the legends of the "forest man" across the world have/had some truth to it.

A chauhan

Country flag
If you heard any ghostly story from your grandma/anyone else /your own experience, please post it here.

@pmaitra
@Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Please move the ghost posts from Chit Chat thread to here.

@alphacentury
@Razor

Your stories were great please post them here or they will get lost in lengthy Chit Chat thread.

Last edited:

A chauhan

Country flag
The creature had chains?

Then it is likely that it was a circus bear which is trained to walk on hind-feet. But jumping an 8 foot wall maybe difficult for a bear.

:hmm:

I believe yeti-type creature do actually exist and that the legends of the "forest man" across the world have/had some truth to it.
Rajim is a village, my Mama was told by neighbours that it was a pet ghost of an exorcist.

Ok I created a thread for ghost stories, or it will lost in these Chit Chat pages.

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/ghost-stories-experience.77062/

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

alphacentury

Country flag

Hmm, I have heard same kind of stories too about same creature. But that story was somewhat close to me.
So two guys are returning on a cycle, late at night. They reach their local bridge. Before crossing it they see a creature sitting on the road at the middle of the bridge with its back facing them. They unsure of what to do stayed there, after 5 mins got shit scared and were back tracking when two persons on a two wheeler came. the creature was yeti like but almost double in thickness. It was around 60 70 mts distance from them. These guys started shouting , after some 5 mins it jumped down the bridge. This was around 25 yrs back in my district.

I think back then people were scared easily or something, but no body seemed to care about these things. Like paranormal was a natural thing back then.

A chauhan

Country flag
Hmm, I have heard same kind of stories too about same creature. But that story was somewhat close to me.
So two guys are returning on a cycle, late at night. They reach their local bridge. Before crossing it they see a creature sitting on the road at the middle of the bridge with its back facing them. They unsure of what to do stayed there, after 5 mins got shit scared and were back tracking when two persons on a two wheeler came. the creature was yeti like but almost double in thickness. It was around 60 70 mts distance from them. These guys started shouting , after some 5 mins it jumped down the bridge. This was around 25 yrs back in my district.

I think back then people were scared easily or something, but no body seemed to care about these things. Like paranormal was a natural thing back then.
My father bought a bicycle in 1970s or 60s perhaps , it was quite a thing of attraction for the villagers, he used to teach in a govt schools at some 30kms away from his villages, and his bicycle was his vehicle. One day he was returning from his school, he saw a jet black old figure sitting beside road at around 7 pm , it was dark, my father told me that it was even darker than the darkness, my father talked to him "what are you doing here, do you need a lift?" But that figure didn't reply , suddenly my father became scared and ran away on his bicycle.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles