Geo News senior anchorperson Hamid Mir Shot in Karachi

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
My bad @Blackwater @hit&run were right Hamid Mir had warned that if he ever was attacked ISI's DG Lt Gen Islam is to be blamed :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Yup, He could be a good guy.

In Pakistan they have a mentality to kill all the good guys so i have to agree with you in that one
Pakistani media never stands united, much like Pakistani society. Unless its against India or Hindus.
Even the greatest "good guy" in Pakistan will fit the definition of a hate-filled fanatic when it comes to India and Indians.

Salman Taseer who spoke out against the blasphemy law and was gunned down by his bodyguard was a "good guy" according to our ignorant Indian media. But this fellow tweeted nasty things against India and had a great deal of hate for India and Indians. After one of ISRO's rockets failed, this lowlife tweeted: "Indians, rocket science not for you - my advise: stick to Bollywood."

As of today, ISRO continues to do very well in rocket science as always, Bollywood also continues to do better and better, while Salman Taseer continues to remain dead and his son continues to remain kidnapped.

I would take any proclamations of "good guys in Pakistan" with a great deal of skepticism.

Glint

Country flag
Even the greatest "good guy" in Pakistan will fit the definition of a hate-filled fanatic when it comes to India and Indians.

Salman Taseer who spoke out against the blasphemy law and was gunned down by his bodyguard was a "good guy" according to our ignorant Indian media. But this fellow tweeted nasty things against India and had a great deal of hate for India and Indians. After one of ISRO's rockets failed, this lowlife tweeted: "Indians, rocket science not for you - my advise: stick to Bollywood."

As of today, ISRO continues to do very well in rocket science as always, Bollywood also continues to do better and better, while Salman Taseer continues to remain dead and his son continues to remain kidnapped.

I would take any proclamations of "good guys in Pakistan" with a great deal of skepticism.
As i said, He could be, not that he is.

I saw one of his videos about the Indian mars mission and didn't like his attitude at all. I don't even know if there are any non biased people left in Pakistan.

praneet.bajpaie

Absolutely right Sir and there still remain elements in this country (traitors I should say) who don't seem to see the obvious.

Actually I was amazed by Taseer's comments about ISRO. A country that can't even produce a pin should not be so arrogant.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
ISI modus operandi isn't to shoot and kill on open streets.

Najam Sethi was picked up from his home.
SSS was abducted and found dead in a drain.

Probably work of some "intehapasandi tanzeem" or some low level security agency or even militant wing of a political party.
I think Hamid Mir had crossed the line so many times and used all his chances of being fixed clandestinely. The message was to be given and given upfront.

Just yesterday I tried to connect the dots after Nazam Sethi and Hamir Mir's family accused ISI and TTP claimed the responsibility within a day, given the conviction of Hamid Mir to accuse ISI and TTP taking the responsibility I can fairly say TTP is an extension of ISI not the enemy as being portrayed by Pakistanis.

TTP who has been hitting Pakistani cities with impunity and the so called strongest in world ISI is helpless doesn't make sense.

Or there is larger double game being played by ISI who is operating against Pakistan Army by using TTP against them. I mean the larger question is; Is ISI = Pakistan Army or ISI has become bigger than PA ?

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I think Hamid Mir had crossed the line so many times and used all his chances of being fixed clandestinely. The message was to be given and given upfront.

Just yesterday I tried to connect the dots after Nazam Sethi and Hamir Mir's family accused ISI and TTP claimed the responsibility within a day, given the conviction of Hamid Mir to accuse ISI and TTP taking the responsibility I can fairly say TTP is an extension of ISI not the enemy as being portrayed by Pakistanis.

TTP who has been hitting Pakistani cities with impunity and the so called strongest in world ISI is helpless doesn't make sense.

Or there is larger double game being played by ISI who is operating against Pakistan Army by using TTP against them. I mean the larger question is; Is ISI = Pakistan Army or ISI has become bigger than PA ?
Quoting myself,

Army chief visits ISI headquarters" - DAWN.COM

Is this a visit to show solidarity with ISI or a visit by the chief to tell ISI that he is the daddy here. I think Nawaz Shariff has directed COAS pay a visit to fix them.

praneet.bajpaie

The statement by the dead guy about ISRO is quite hilarious as India is considered as one of the top 6 Space Powers in the world while we don't even know if Pakistan even has a space program.

P. S. Out of topic but Pakistan considers the manufacturing of Surigical Instruments (really??), automobiles and parts (mostly foreign companies operating in Pakistan) to be high tech industries. lol
@Bangalorean, your take Sir?

Blackwater

TV journalist shot dead in Pakistan

Lahore: A local TV journalist was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Mianwali district of Pakistan's Punjab province on Tuesday.

According to police, four armed men intercepted SAMAA TV journalist Shahzad Iqbal and opened fire on him in Mianwali town, some 300 kilometers from Lahore. Iqbal suffered multiple bullet wounds and was shifted to hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

District Police Officer (Mianwali) Mujahid Akbar told PTI that Iqbal, 28, had an enmity with Bashir Ahmed and his brothers over a (woman) issue. He said the deceased family had named Bashir and his three brothers in the FIR.

Iqbal had been in the journalism profession for the last seven years or so and he worked for different publications during his career. The DPO dismissed the reports that Iqbal lost his life in a terror attack.

ladder

Country flag

Lahore: A local TV journalist was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Mianwali district of Pakistan's Punjab province on Tuesday.

According to police, four armed men intercepted SAMAA TV journalist Shahzad Iqbal and opened fire on him in Mianwali town, some 300 kilometers from Lahore. Iqbal suffered multiple bullet wounds and was shifted to hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

District Police Officer (Mianwali) Mujahid Akbar told PTI that Iqbal, 28, had an enmity with Bashir Ahmed and his brothers over a (woman) issue. He said the deceased family had named Bashir and his three brothers in the FIR.

Iqbal had been in the journalism profession for the last seven years or so and he worked for different publications during his career. The DPO dismissed the reports that Iqbal lost his life in a terror attack.

Done to drive home a point that, attack on Mir was a routine issue, and his threat perception is equivalent to others in the business. And his attack was carried out by some bigot and not ISI.

Sorry to see that a relatively small fry was killed to justify a point. And he was caught in between fight of giants.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
The statement by the dead guy about ISRO is quite hilarious as India is considered as one of the top 6 Space Powers in the world while we don't even know if Pakistan even has a space program.

P. S. Out of topic but Pakistan considers the manufacturing of Surigical Instruments (really??), automobiles and parts (mostly foreign companies operating in Pakistan) to be high tech industries. lol
@Bangalorean, your take Sir?
Pakis will be Pakis. They talk about their non-existent "IT industry", "manufacturing industry", "hi tech industry" and even about "Pakistani film industry". I have heard several Pakis yap about their "industry" and try to do an "equal equal" with India.

Glint

Country flag
Pakis will be Pakis. They talk about their non-existent "IT industry", "manufacturing industry", "hi tech industry" and even about "Pakistani film industry". I have heard several Pakis yap about their "industry" and try to do an "equal equal" with India.
Well, They are taught to hate India in their schools and they need something to brag about, even if it's utter bullsh!t. Soon they would be like our sh!t is better than Indians. You cannot use logic with these peoples. The whole population is like a 10 year old internet troll.

Blackwater

There is a news line coming on TV that the license of Geo TV is being cancelled..

That will be state of emergency against Jung Group ??
That news to me let me check??

23 Apr 09:00 AM

ISLAMABAD: On the complaint of the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), the Defence Ministry on Tuesday directed the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) to take action against the Geo TV network for levelling allegations against the ISI.

According to an official source, the application was submitted to the media regulator under Sections 33 and 36 of the Pemra Ordinance 2002 after approval from the Defence Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif.

The application sought legal action against the channel management for framing allegations against the ISI and its DG Lt. Gen. Zaheerul Islam.According to a statement, the ministry also provided the authority with the relevant evidence suggesting the media group's involvement in tarnishing the image of the intelligence agency.

The news channel has breached the code of conduct by accusing Director General (DG) of the ISI Lt. Gen. Zaheerul Islam of masterminding the attempt on senior journalist Hamid Mir, the statement said. It added that action would be taken against the channel's editorial and management team.

All those who are involved in the mala fide broadcast, riddled with baseless allegations, will be taken to task, the statement said.Meanwhile, in a statement, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan declared the recent murder attempt on Hamid Mir a tragedy not only for the channel and family, but also for journalists and the entire nation.

He, however, took exception to the way the issue of the murder attempt on Hamid Mir had been used as a springboard to malign national institutions without concrete evidence.He pointed out that there was no justification for the allegations when the government had already set up a three-member judicial commission.

Meanwhile, Nisar remarked that there was no precedent in any country of the way important defence institutions were criticised and targeted and allegations levelled against them.The propaganda against the institutions by some particular circles was exploited and propagated by the enemies the world over, he noted.

The interior minister said when officers and Jawans of the defence forces were sacrificing their lives and shedding blood for Pakistan, this one-sided and negative propaganda was not only a matter of concern, but also condemnable.When the government has established a judicial commission what's the purpose of such allegations, he asked.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles