Gen Singh's letter effect : Indian Army to acquire new anti aircraft guns

Killswitch

Country flag
I cant stand the current defense minister. Killed the army helicopter order, killed the airforce basic trainer order, killed the m777 order, no killed the skyshield order. If a war comes and the army loses men due to the lack of the above equipment Anthony should hang.

lemontree

Professional
When the chief mentioned poor air defence, I am sure he meant both tactical and strategic AD systems.

If we are going in for 40 mm L/70 system by L&T - then what upgrade are we talking about.

The 23 mm Shilka and Tanguska systems are good enough for tactical AD protection. We should upgrade them.

The AD that needs upgrade are the strategic missiles systems the OSA-AKs and older SAM systems.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
When the chief mentioned poor air defence, I am sure he meant both tactical and strategic AD systems.

If we are going in for 40 mm L/70 system by L&T - then what upgrade are we talking about.

The 23 mm Shilka and Tanguska systems are good enough for tactical AD protection. We should upgrade them.

The AD that needs upgrade are the strategic missiles systems the OSA-AKs and older SAM systems.
Sir, L&T providing a small radar and FLIR pod with a MFD for Gunner to engage, Also the cleep is bigger..

Sir, Shilika is getting update but there is a huge logistical & Maintenance problem with Tanguska system in AD..

OSA-AK was updated and there are plans to reupdated them..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles