Gave N-tech to 2 countries on Benazir's orders: A Q Khan

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan's disgraced nuclear scientist A Q Khan has claimed that he had transfered nuclear technology to "two countries" on the orders of slain former premier Benazir Bhutto.

"The then Prime Minister Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto summoned me and named the two countries which were to be assisted and issued clear directions in this regard," Khan said in an interview with the Jang media group. He did not name the two countries.

Khan claimed he had no option but to obey Bhutto, who was killed by a suicide attacker in late 2007. "I was not independent but was bound to abide by the orders of the PM, hence I did take this step in compliance with her order," he said. "The PM would have certainly known about the role and cooperation of the two countries, mentioned by her, in our national interest," he claimed.

The transfer of nuclear technology is not easy and at least 800 people supervise the process, said Khan, who was placed under house arrest after he acknowledged in 2004 that he had run a clandestine proliferation ring. Libya and North Korea are among the countries to which Khan's ring supplied nuclear technology and know-how. The People's Party-led government has eased restrictions on Khan over past few years.

Khan has also retracted his confession, claiming he was pressured to acknowledge on TV that he had run a proliferation network.

Khan said former PM Nawaz Sharif, who now claims credit for the 1998 nuclear tests, was "absolutely not ready to conduct" the blasts and didn't want to do so because of fear the US might be annoyed and his government might be threatened.

Through some of his aides, who were also Khan's friends, Sharif tried to convince the scientist to win international sympathy by staying silent in response to Indian nuclear tests in 1998, Khan claimed. "But I made it clear that if he did so, I shall put the facts before the media. After this, Nawaz Sharif was compelled to conduct the nuclear tests."
Gave N-tech to 2 countries on Benazir's orders: A Q Khan - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

EzioAltaïr

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan's disgraced nuclear scientist A Q Khan has claimed that he had transfered nuclear technology to "two countries" on the orders of slain former premier Benazir Bhutto.

"The then Prime Minister Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto summoned me and named the two countries which were to be assisted and issued clear directions in this regard," Khan said in an interview with the Jang media group. He did not name the two countries.

Khan claimed he had no option but to obey Bhutto, who was killed by a suicide attacker in late 2007. "I was not independent but was bound to abide by the orders of the PM, hence I did take this step in compliance with her order," he said. "The PM would have certainly known about the role and cooperation of the two countries, mentioned by her, in our national interest," he claimed.

The transfer of nuclear technology is not easy and at least 800 people supervise the process, said Khan, who was placed under house arrest after he acknowledged in 2004 that he had run a clandestine proliferation ring. Libya and North Korea are among the countries to which Khan's ring supplied nuclear technology and know-how. The People's Party-led government has eased restrictions on Khan over past few years.

Khan has also retracted his confession, claiming he was pressured to acknowledge on TV that he had run a proliferation network.

Khan said former PM Nawaz Sharif, who now claims credit for the 1998 nuclear tests, was "absolutely not ready to conduct" the blasts and didn't want to do so because of fear the US might be annoyed and his government might be threatened.

Through some of his aides, who were also Khan's friends, Sharif tried to convince the scientist to win international sympathy by staying silent in response to Indian nuclear tests in 1998, Khan claimed. "But I made it clear that if he did so, I shall put the facts before the media. After this, Nawaz Sharif was compelled to conduct the nuclear tests."
Gave N-tech to 2 countries on Benazir's orders: A Q Khan - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site
What the.... this has to be a joke. The whole world accuses Pakistan of copying Korean missiles, and this genius claims that Pakistan gave nuclear know-how to them? :rofl:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
What the.... this has to be a joke. The whole world accuses Pakistan of copying Korean missiles, and this genius claims that Pakistan gave nuclear know-how to them? :rofl:
They passed on Chinese know how that they had/have. Even the drawings were not converted from Chinese to Urdu/English.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
huuummm........................ looks like barter system at work for Pakistan. One of the countries would be North Korea.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
There is a third too. May be he did it on someone else's orders. Three confirmed proliferation. NoKo, Libya and Iran.

Zebra

Country flag
Entire Muslim world is against US bcz of anti- Muslim film issue and US itself is on back foot right now.

So this is the perfect time for such announcement.

Karlo, jo karna hai wo.

Zebra

Country flag
I transferred N-technology to two countries on Benazir's orders: AQ Khan

Farooq Aqdas
Saturday, September 15, 2012
From Print Edition

I transferred N-technology to two countries on Benazir's orders: AQ Khan - thenews.com.pk

A.Q. Khan alleges Benazir directed for"¨N-tech transfer
Afzal Khan / 16 September 2012

A.Q. Khan alleges Benazir directed for"¨N-tech transfer

Nuclear technology passed on the directives of Benazir Bhutto: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan
September 15th, 2012 by Faisal Farooq

Nuclear technology passed on the directives of Benazir Bhutto: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan | NewsPakistan.PK

Blackwater

A.Q khan truth best described here

Last edited by a moderator:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
yeah Pak nuke or its tech is threat to world peace. BTW this AQK is interesting guy, he was working abroad, when contacted to come to Pak, he stolen nuke processing secrets, went to Pakistan set up facility, (so far so good, i would have done same for my country) then start black market of nuke tech, KN and Libya were customer and barter payments were made, then in 1998 suddenly this so called father of Pak nuke was not even involved with nuke test, only one pic showing him outside nuke test area, while every one was busy with nke test. After that he was accused by GOP some associate even wanted to give nuke tech to OBL, put to house arrest after he admitted his guilt on TV, then he was released, he kept on saying he did it on instruction of GOP now blamed on dead person.
Wonder how much money he made? Does he got foreigner as his wife???

Blackwater

yeah Pak nuke or its tech is threat to world peace. BTW this AQK is interesting guy, he was working abroad, when contacted to come to Pak, he stolen nuke processing secrets, went to Pakistan set up facility, (so far so good, i would have done same for my country) then start black market of nuke tech, KN and Libya were customer and barter payments were made, then in 1998 suddenly this so called father of Pak nuke was not even involved with nuke test, only one pic showing him outside nuke test area, while every one was busy with nke test. After that he was accused by GOP some associate even wanted to give nuke tech to OBL, put to house arrest after he admitted his guilt on TV, then he was released, he kept on saying he did it on instruction of GOP now blamed on dead person.
Wonder how much money he made? Does he got foreigner as his wife???

His wife is Dutch of South African Origin

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
AQ is such an obedient child!

Tolaha

AQK's words should be taken with a pinch of salt. Nothing happens in Pakistan without the Army's acceptance. Something as significant as transfer of nuclear technology, no ways!

Consider this possibility: The army has ordered AQK to shift all the blame of these transfers on Benazir. The dead don't speak. The army washes its hand off the case. The pride of Pakistan, AQK, gets to live some more days.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles