Ganga Cleanup Project

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Namami Gange: River surface cleaning to begin, backed with public monitoring app

NEW DELHI: Going full steam ahead with the Namami Gange project, the Modi government will this week kickstart an effort to bring 'visible change' to the Ganga waters. Intensive river surface cleaning is set to begin at ten identified cities along the banks of Ganga backed with a Bhuvan Ganga mobile application. This ISRO-backed India specific GIS tool will ensure real-time and public monitoring of river surface pollution on ground situations. The government will invite global tenders this week for river surface cleaning at ten chosen cities — Haridwar, Varanasi, Allahabad, Kanpur, Mathura & Vrindavan, Garhmukteshwar, Patna, Kolkata, Sahibgunj and Nabadwip.

The idea is to have floating debris collected and cleaned off the Ganga river surface to ensure people can see and feel a visible difference in the cleanliness levels of the river waters. A complete work package including river surface cleaning, ghat cleaning and drain-river confluence for ten priority locations is being prepared by the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG). River surface cleaning boats, trash skimmer machines and trash booms will be pushed into service at all these ten cities to arrest floating material and tackle river surface pollution.

Read more:
Namami Gange: River surface cleaning to begin, backed with public monitoring app

sabari

We can't clean any of our water ways with out stopping the pollutants dumped in it by industry and individual

indiatester

Country flag
By 2020 no untreated sewage to be disposed in Ganga: Centre

The National Ganga River Basin Authority (NGRBA) has worked out a framework which envisages that no untreated sewage will be disposed in the river by 2020, the Lok Sabha was informed on Thursday.

“As per NGRBA framework, it is envisaged that no untreated sewage shall be disposed to the Ganga by the year 2020.

Accordingly, Namami Gange programme has been launched which provides necessary actions towards achieving the objective,” Union Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti said.

“No foreign aid”

To another question, she said the Namami Gange programme has not received any grant/aid from foreign countries and that the project is fully funded by the Centre.

She, however, said that several countries have offered technical assistance for the ambitious programme.

“At present, Germany has committed 3 million Euro for information, knowledge exchange, capacity building and data management,” she informed. As per the NGRBA framework, Chief Ministers of Uttarakhand, UP, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal are it members, the Minister said answering another query. - PTI

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
we are burning dead bodies and dumpng them in ganga. why not electric funeral? this will be shortcut to heaven.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
We shall ask them to do at without any money. In return, we shall allow them to take a bath in holly ganges and clean up their sins. We will offer them the free yogas in various ashrams to clean their body and mind and get ride of sins.

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
We shall ask them to do at without any money. In return, we shall allow them to take a bath in holly ganges and clean up their sins. We will offer them the free yogas in various ashrams to clean their body and mind and get ride of sins.
who will you ask to do all these?

Rahul Singh

Country flag
we are burning dead bodies and dumpng them in ganga. why not electric funeral? this will be shortcut to heaven.
Its not just about burning but a particular way of sanskar. I my area funeral can only be done with mango tree wood. Ganga is full of aquatic life who seem to be making good use of partial remains of a human body usually thrown into Ganga once funeral fire has died. Catfish is one.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
sorry, but ganga is mother. no other religion.
Those who are attracted to Hinduism, Indian spiritualism and culture and the concept of 16 sanskar and moksha will certainly find interest in Ganges. After all they want salvation too.

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
Its not just about burning but a particular way of sanskar. I my area funeral can only be done with mango tree wood. Ganga is full of aquatic life who seem to be making good use of partial remains of a human body usually thrown into Ganga once funeral fire has died. Catfish is one.
but this make water poisonous. use modern technology. pour some ganga water in mouth of dead. it will be fine.

Those who are attracted to Hinduism, Indian spiritualism and culture and the concept of 16 sanskar and moksha will certainly find interest in Ganges. After all they want salvation too.
Okay, we can make this death tourism for westerners.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
but this make water poisonous. use modern technology. pour some ganga water in mouth of dead. it will be fine.
I can't comment on it scientifically. But i have read that funeral fires if done with properly with exact ingreadients brings certain good effects to environment in totality. Some say gases produced during funeral fire helps bring rain.

But i don't 't have scientic explanations for any such claim. So i support any effort which help keep Ganga clean. With no disrespect to dead i believe its living who needs Ganga more than dead.

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
I can't comment on it scientifically. But i have read that funeral fires if done with properly with exact ingreadients brings certain good effects to environment in totality. Some say gases produced during funeral fire helps bring rain.

But i don't 't have scientic explanations for any such claim. So i support any effort which help keep Ganga clean. With no disrespect to dead i believe its living who needs Ganga more than dead.
yes I agree with you. living needs a clean ganga for drinkng water and also farm and factory. but dead also needs to be treated with dignity. i think modi government will find a way to do this.

actually i see a program in discovery some time ago, that funeral in ganga is polluting ganga and some alligator species have died. there was a team who did some cleaning and alligator population has become healthy. also using wood for funeral mean cutting more trees, so i said electric funeral.

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
I want cruise ships in Ganga as happens in some developed countries.

Are there any plans by any private or government entity for making or buying a cruise ship?
@cobra commando @LETHALFORCE
no plans of govt, but private company can do. this is what gadkari said earlier. but first is cleaning, and also ghats will be given new paint, lights to look awesome.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
yes I agree with you. living needs a clean ganga for drinkng water and also farm and factory. but dead also needs to be treated with dignity. i think modi government will find a way to do this.

actually i see a program in discovery some time ago, that funeral in ganga is polluting ganga and some alligator species have died. there was a team who did some cleaning and alligator population has become healthy. also using wood for funeral mean cutting more trees, so i said electric funeral.
My elders have told me " In past whenever someone died people used to plant a tree on his/her name". It tells how sensitive our forefathers were about environment. That is why i had previously said 'proper'.

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
My elders has told me " In past whenever someone died people used to plant a tree on his/her name". It tells how sensitive our forefathers were about environment. That is why i had previously said 'proper'.
old traditions was good. now all live in metro in rcc house, no area to plant tress.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
I'm currently writing a paper so I need help for essay writing about Ganga project. My school is directed at learning politics around the world and I'd be very thankful if anyone could suggest me extra information source

Can you be more specific about your project ?

There are several dimensions related with Ganga - cultural, geographical, ecological etc

Global Defence

New threads

Articles