Future indian navy by 2020

Parthy

Air Warrior
^^^ Same Old technique - Delay the Delivery; Escalate the cost.. :mad2:

Dinku

Have no navy Burkina Faso.

Hear Russian Navy ship good.

Easy control. Easy look after.

American ship good. Costly driving. Costly look after.

Crusader53

its too expensive,and the carrier has been built to opperate f-35 naval version,and india have no plan to buy it so queen is not destined for kings land.

India could purchase the design of the CVF and maybe some components. As a matter of fact why not have South Korea build one CVF for India as (IAC-3) to be followed by second (IAC-4) constructed in India itself.

Further, India could join a partnership with the UK and France. Which, would greatly lower the cost for all three.

p2prada

India is designing a 65k ton AC with Italy's Fincantieri. So, we don't need South Korean or even Franco-British help.

We won't know anything concrete until 2012 though.

plugwater

^^ P2p, Navy chief said IAC-2 is a long way off two months back.

Crusader53

India is designing a 65k ton AC with Italy's Fincantieri. So, we don't need South Korean or even Franco-British help.

We won't know anything concrete until 2012 though.

From recent articles the IAC-2 have been slowed considerably and the IAC-3 all but stopped. Clearly, India is having some type of issue. Possibly resources..........

That said, if India would partner with the UK on the CVF, She could build 2-3 in India. Yet, that would take a couple decades. Which, is why I suggested that one be built in South Korea and another in India.

As a matter of fact in my opinion. India should have never purchased the ex-Gorshkov. Instead she could have had South Korea build one IAC-1 and built the another as she is currently doing in India. Then by 2020 she would have two Brand New Identical Carriers.

p2prada

^^ P2p, Navy chief said IAC-2 is a long way off two months back.
It is possible that IAC-2 and IAC-1 may be of the same class. The 65k ton carrier may be the IAC-3. But who knows what the IN is thinking.

From recent articles the IAC-2 have been slowed considerably and the IAC-3 all but stopped. Clearly, India is having some type of issue. Possibly resources..........

That said, if India would partner with the UK on the CVF, She could build 2-3 in India. Yet, that would take a couple decades. Which, is why I suggested that one be built in South Korea and another in India.

As a matter of fact in my opinion. India should have never purchased the ex-Gorshkov. Instead she could have had South Korea build one IAC-1 and built the another as she is currently doing in India. Then by 2020 she would have two Brand New Identical Carriers.
Who would have known it would be this delayed. Nevertheless Gorky is needed.

Resources isn't the problem, it could be technological hurdles.

Crusader53

It is possible that IAC-2 and IAC-1 may be of the same class. The 65k ton carrier may be the IAC-3. But who knows what the IN is thinking.
I think that was the plan. Yet, now with talk of a much larger (65k) Carrier. It's likely off the table.....

Who would have known it would be this delayed. Nevertheless Gorky is needed.
True yet it would have been far better to have two IAC's instead.

Resources isn't the problem, it could be technological hurdles.
I am not so sure about the former?

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I had been looking up a few things on how the IN could bolster it's fleet using sparsely used/partly built ships from other navies and a few ships really struck my eye tell me what you guys think of these babies , mostly logistics ships from the USN.

Henry J. Kaiser class oiler-USNS Benjamin Isherwood
Cancelled when 95.3% complete,
transferred to the Maritime Administration
laid up in the James River Reserve Fleet.

Henry J. Kaiser class oiler-USNS Henry Eckford
Cancelled when 84% complete,
transferred to the Maritime Administration
laid up in the James River Reserve Fleet.

In fact take a look at this entire list

Naval Inactive Ship Maintenance Facility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Parthy

Air Warrior
Indian Navy plans to induct anti-submarine ships

Indian Navy is planning to induct indigenously-built shallow water anti-submarine craft to tackle and destroy the enemy's under water threat.

"We are looking to induct indigenously-built craft for anti-submarine warfare operations in coastal waters and combating the threat posed by submarines," Indian Navy officials said here.

"The craft would also be used for undertaking low intensity maritime operations and laying of anti-ship and anti-submarine mines," they said.

The Navy wants the vessels to be able to operate within 200 nautical miles from its launch base and be able to travel at speeds of above 25 knots.

"The ship should also be equipped with torpedoes and rocket launchers as its fire power," they said.

Expressing its interest to procure such vessels in a Request for Information document, the Navy has sought responses from Indian shipyards for manufacturing these vessels indigenously at their facilities here.

The Navy intends to acquire these class of ships under 'Buy Indian' category, which means that the ships should be built indigenously.

Not disclosing the number of vessels to be procured by it, the officials said, "There is also a possibility of the contract being divided between two different shipyards."

On the design for the ships, the Navy wants that the vendors should have a MoU with a design partner for the construction of vessels at the time of submission of tender.

Indian Navy plans to induct anti-submarine ships - Brahmand.com

binayak95

Country flag
I believe that our navy should operate about 3 AC batlle groups with one held in reserve. This can be achieved within 2020 if we accelerate our construction of frigates and destroyers. But can anyone elaborate on the composition of the battle groups. I believe that they will have Project 15A class destroyers as well as Krivak III and Project 17/17A frigates. But how many and what about SSNs or SSKs?

Last edited:

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Ok i've been doing some research and i believe there's one thing the IN can do pretty easily in order to increase the striking power of the fleet by a lot, most if not all of the missile boats we use today utilize various soviet subsonic Ashm's with operational ranges roughly in the range of 120km. i believ the IN should go in for a large scale rearming of these vessels with the BRAHMOS ashm,this would double the striking range of these vessels increasing survivability of the ships as well as killing power of the boast! what do you say guys?

Please note that the above is only a hypothesis nothing more.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
I believe that our navy should operate about 3 AC batlle groups with one held in reserve. This can be achieved within 2020 if we accelerate our construction of frigates and destroyers. But can anyone elaborate on the composition of the battle groups. I believe that they will have Project 15A class destroyers as well as Krivak III and Project 17/17A frigates. But how many and what about SSNs or SSKs?
US Navy operates Carrier Strike Groups (CSG) ...
CSG or CVBG normally consist of 1 Aircraft Carrier, 2 Guided Missile Cruisers, 2 Anti Aircraft Warships, and 1-2 Anti Submarine Destroyers or Frigates.

The French Carrier Battle Group consists -
The Carrier Battle Group (Groupe Aéronaval, GAN, in French) of the Force d'Action Navale is usually composed, in addition to the aircraft carrier, of :

a carrier air wing (Groupe Aérien Embarqué, GAE, in French), a complement composed of about 40 aircraft :
Rafale (up to 24)
Super Étendard (up to 36)
E-2C Hawkeye (2)
SA365 Dauphin (3 or more)
one Rubis Class SSN
two anti-submarine destroyers (currently F67 or F70 class)
one or two anti-air destroyers (currently Cassard class destroyers, soon helped by Horizon class destroyers)
one frigate in forward patrol (usually a La Fayette class)
one supply ship

Parthy

Air Warrior
Satpura, 2nd P17 Stealth Frigate Enters Service Next Month

Satpura, India's second Second Shivalik class Indigenous Stealth Frigate. Conceived and designed by the Indian Naval Design team to be the mainstay frigates of Indian Navy for the first half of 21 century. The ship is scheduled to be commissioned on 20 Aug 2011.

-Livefist

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
How stealthy is it compared to other Frigates in its class?

The Radar doom seems to have been left uncovered and there are a lot of other protrusions that dont seem to help in reducing the signature of the ship!

agentperry

the stealth of shivalik seems to be lesser as compared to other boats. but it is said that it will appear as a small dough/trawler on radar. pretty big to be noticed.
but stil a big achievement.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles