Fueled by immigration, Hinduism becomes fourth-largest faith in US

Status
Not open for further replies.

VivekShah

What I am saying is simple. You have a known formula and it can be applied even for changing values.That's what they attempted to do with modern day religions. This was interpreted by them but the base is from hinduism.
They were forced to do this as a result of survival mechanism and missionary propaganda. Very few leaders actually studied Christianity or Islam and they became the Savarkars or Aurobindo Ghoses.

VivekShah

I don't give any advice. What hinduism are you fighting for. Your version of it may not exist on jambudweep.
Before arguing for the sake of arguing please look at the video I posted on this thread. I am not very well able to convey my thoughts as English is not my first language. I am fighting for a Hinduism which sees a snake as a snake, not as a garland.

Rashna

Country flag
Ok but they didn't invent anything new. They just extrapolated the gita and applied it as per their need.
They were forced to do this as a result of survival mechanism and missionary propaganda. Very few leaders actually studied Christianity or Islam and they became the Savarkars or Aurobindo Ghoses.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I just explained the stats to you, and as a matter of fact Jewish identity is very strong in atheistic Jews. Look at this:

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/jews/

So your stats you pulled up does not include cultural Jews:

http://www.jta.org/2002/09/25/archive/jewish-population-undercounted-new-study-launches-a-new-debate
You are doing better now.

Still the above links do not prove your claims. I can break it down for you so that you can make coherent arguments:

Most jews convert their spouses and that is the reason their population has grown.
1) Show their population has grown due to spouse conversion
2) Show most Jews convert their spouses

If you can summarize it in one post, its ok. If not, anecdotal evidence cannot be accepted as gospel truth.

Rashna

Country flag
The problem we have with defining religion is at the base of all of our woes. That is why I am asking you to define it.You want hindus to have a separate identity but what identity will make you happy? Don't refer me to some video.That is his version of Hindu.
Before arguing for the sake of arguing please look at the video I posted on this thread. I am not very well able to convey my thoughts as English is not my first language. I am fighting for a Hinduism which sees a snake as a snake, not as a garland.

VivekShah

You are doing better now.

Still the above links do not prove your claims. I can break it down for you so that you can make coherent arguments:

Most jews convert their spouses and that is the reason their population has grown.
1) Show their population has grown due to spouse conversion
2) Show most Jews convert their spouses

If you can summarize it in one post, its ok. If not, anecdotal evidence cannot be accepted as gospel truth.
My claims are Jews are able to maintain their religious identity whether they follow their religion or not. They don't get digested like Hindus do. The statistics tell the story, all you are doing is straw manning

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
The problem we have with defining religion is at the base of all of our woes. That is why I am asking you to define it.You want hindus to have a separate identity but what identity will make you happy? Don't refer me to some video.That is his version of Hindu.
You are not getting it.

To define Hindu identity, one needs to first look at Muslim or Christian identity. They believe in one God and superiority of their faith. It is their identity. Now Hindus think all paths are same, which give them a different identity because they cannot superimpose their belief on others.

So Hindu identity is one which understands this subtle but big difference.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
My claims are Jews are able to maintain their religious identity whether they follow their religion or not. They don't get digested like Hindus do. The statistics tell the story, all you are doing is straw manning
The statistics that I am waiting in the whole thread. Don't be a Zakir Naik- present statistics, when you claim statistics.

I am done with you if you have nothing worthwhile to show i.e. statistics i.e. numbers.

Rashna

Country flag
So what should we do? Declare ourselves the best and hope everyone agrees? That's what they do and we still don't accept it.
You are not getting it.

To define Hindu identity, one needs to first look at Muslim or Christian identity. They believe in one God and superiority of their faith. It is their identity. Now Hindus think all paths are same, which give them a different identity because they cannot superimpose their belief on others.

So Hindu identity is one which unders
You are not getting it.

So Hindu identity is one which understands this subtle but big difference.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
So what should we do? Declare ourselves the best and hope everyone agrees? That's what they do and we still don't accept it.
Understand we are different. And probably "best" because that is how people get thrilled and excited about any idea.

But first step is knowing the difference. Saying "Sarv dharm sambhav" makes no sense when other guy has no tolerance for your belief.

VivekShah

The statistics that I am waiting in the whole thread. Don't be a Zakir Naik- present statistics, when you claim statistics.

I am done with you if you have nothing worthwhile to show i.e. statistics i.e. numbers.
I just posted a link from the Pew Forum, it said if cultural Jews are counted the number of Jews is much higher, the numbers of Jews are holding their own after so many generations while Hindus get digested within one generation. The statistics tell the story.

Last edited:

Rashna

Country flag
How many people practice sarva dharma sambhav? Do you?
Understand we are different. And probably "best" because that is how people get thrilled and excited about any idea.

But first step is knowing the difference. Saying "Sarv dharm sambhav" makes no sense when other guy has no tolerance for your belief.

VivekShah

The problem with you is you have no humility or patience to see the opposite sides' views. A good debator is one who looks at the other sides' views and responses back in his terms. You seem obviously incapable of that. And dharma which is the basis of Hinduism is not the same as religion.

Last edited:

VivekShah

Rashna

Country flag
You should reply to this question. If you care to get all burned up over it then why can't you define it yourself. ?

The problem with you is you have no humility or patience to see the opposite sides' views. A good debator is one who looks at the other sides' views and responses back in his terms. You seem obviously incapable of that. And dharma which is the basis of Hinduism is not the same as religion.
have no patience to see the opposite sides' views. A good debator is one who looks at the other sides' views and responses back in his terms. You seem obviously incapable of that. And dharma which is the basis of Hinduism is not the same as religion.[/QUOTE]

Rashna

Country flag
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles