Fueled by immigration, Hinduism becomes fourth-largest faith in US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
I disagree. Most Hindus I saw in the West were pretty religious/ritualistic but utterly confused on their tradition and very overly apologetic, with excessive mea culpa, when discussing Hinduism or Indian culture.
To be honest , the political left in the West is imperialist. Especially in Europe. It is always better to say "spiritual not religious" than to say Hindu. just my own theory.

VivekShah

You think that the teenager plus generation living in india undertands hinduism? On the surface the cultural consciousness theory works but can this generation teach their kids the essence of their religion? I doubt they will be able to.This is the situation in modern day India and we expect it to be better in USA?
In this I agree with you, its the duty of the parents to not propagate the sameness myth.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
To be honest , the political left in the West is imperialist. Especially in Europe. It is always better to say "spiritual not religious" than to say Hindu. just my own theory.
My 2 cents.

Europeans are mostly secular and never ask about religion. You need to really peel down to know that most are closet Christians, not in the religious but cultural sense.

VivekShah

Since when extrapolation of personal experiences count as a valid theory?
Statistics back my claim. Jews have a pretty high rate of non-endgamous marriages and have still stayed the same in percentage. But I think you are just another troll offering no substance so its pointless to discuss with you

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
We are the first generation that has broken away from Hinduism= Take all the shit the world throws at you . (Not all of us though). So have some faith.
In this I agree with you, its the duty of the parents to not propagate the sameness myth.
My 2 cents.

Europeans are mostly secular and never ask about religion. You need to really peel down to know that most are closet Christians, not in the religious but cultural sense.
Yup . In europe there is true secularism. I never said they are religious bigots. They really are not. They do view hinduism as primitive/confusing though (again not because of hate, maybe Jude-Christian mindset). I would rather play along.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Statistics back my claim. Jews have a pretty high rate of non-endgamous marriages and have still stayed the same in percentage. But I think you are just another troll offering no substance so its pointless to discuss with you
You are a troll and jump in any Hinduism thread and give gross generalizations. Just google and you would know.

Well if conversion was such an easy deal for Jews, they would not be searching tribes in north east India for increasing their head count.

Show me the stats!!

VivekShah

We are the first generation that has broken away from Hinduism= Take all the shit the world throws at you . (Not all of us though). So have some faith.

Yup . In europe there is true secularism. I never said they are religious bigots. They really are not. They do view hinduism as primitive/confusing though (again not because of hate, maybe Jude-Christian mindset). I would rather play along.
See thats the thing, for example in Kerala, many Hindus who vote for CPM are actually more devout than most other Hindus. Its just this sameness meme has infected us since the Ram Mohan Roy propagated it with the backing of missionaries. In all, this samness myth has caused more damage to Hindus than a hundred Ghaznis, Ghoris, and "Saint" Xaviers could do.

Rashna

Country flag
Infact this sameness myth you talk about would be believable if they knew anything about their own religion and then bothered to educate themselves about others.They were born with a religious identity and they know the rituals is all.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
You are right ... jew push liberalism, and strongly intermarry. Thereby building wealth over generations. A prime reason why they were targeted.
Most american ultra right blogs are pissed about this
See thats the thing, for example in Kerala, many Hindus who vote for CPM are actually more devout than most other Hindus. Its just this sameness meme has infected us since the Ram Mohan Roy propagated it with the backing of missionaries. In all, this samness myth has caused more damage to Hindus than a hundred Ghaznis, Ghoris, and "Saint" Xaviers could do.
They are c*******tiyas and are in front of the line on the chopping block.
Guess 1921 Mopllah Genocide did not teach them anything.

VivekShah

You are a troll and jump in any Hinduism thread and give gross generalizations. Just google and you would know.

Well if conversion was such an easy deal for Jews, they would not be searching tribes in north east India for increasing their head count.

Show me the stats!!
Actually the so called lost tribe of Jews from Mizoram has faced a lot of criticism from Israeli Jews as crass oppurtunists. In short, it was them not the mainstream Jews who wanted them to have a Jewish identity. Again you fail like you have in all arguments with me so far, now come back when you have gotten better proof.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Actually the so called lost tribe of Jews from Mizoram has faced a lot of criticism from Israeli Jews as crass oppurtunists. In short, it was them not the mainstream Jews who wanted them to have a Jewish identity. Again you fail like you have in all arguments with me so far, now come back when you have gotten better proof.
You quote personal example without pointing to any stats or study. And then you think, people will believe your shit.

VivekShah

Infact this sameness myth you talk about would be believable if they knew anything about their own religion and then bothered to educate themselves about others.They were born with a religious identity and they know the rituals is all.
Sigh...some people do not understand. The sameness myth was propagated by our gurus in some form or another like Swami Vivekananda, Paramahamsa Yogananda, Prabhupada, Gandhi, etc. how the hell then do you accept the parents to know anything other than the samness myth. People like you are a broken record...NEXT

VivekShah

You quote personal example without pointing to any stats or study. And then you think, people will believe your shit.
There has been no significant immigration of Jews to US in the last 50 years, yet look at their percentage of the population, only recently is the percentage falling down due to high Muslim TFR. Look at the census records, I don't have time to quote things that are easily available.

VivekShah

You are right ... jew push liberalism, and strongly intermarry. Thereby building wealth over generations. A prime reason why they were targeted.
Most american ultra right blogs are pissed about this

They are c*******tiyas and are in front of the line on the chopping block.
Guess 1921 Mopllah Genocide did not teach them anything.
Exactly there is medical proof of this. Look at Tay-Sachs disease. Jews might be liberal but not suicidal, our AdarshLiberals on the other hand...

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
There has been no significant immigration of Jews to US in the last 50 years, yet look at their percentage of the population, only recently is the percentage falling down due to high Muslim TFR. Look at the census records, I don't have time to quote things that are easily available.
BS. As if inter marriage is the only way to increase population.

You are running away as usual when asked to present facts.

VivekShah

BS. As if inter marriage is the only way to increase population.

You are running away as usual when asked to present facts.
Look, I am not going to show you the census records not because I can't but because I don't feel like I have to for the likes of you. Intermarriage and CONVERTING their spouses is what led to this. Now stop creating straw man arguments and come back with more ammunition.

Rashna

Country flag
Please provide quotes of these people which are not based on bhagavat gita and which propagate the sameness myth. Universalism in religion is not an alien concept to Hindus beliefs. Haven't you read about the fight for supremacy between devas and asuras and even between indra and other devas... Even they had to give some hierarchy to themselves and create a united front.Yet the scriptures say brahman is the absolute reality inspite of having thousands of manifestations.
Sigh...some people do not understand. The sameness myth was propagated by our gurus in some form or another like Swami Vivekananda, Paramahamsa Yogananda, Prabhupada, Gandhi, etc. how the hell then do you accept the parents to know anything other than the samness myth. People like you are a broken record...NEXT

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Look, I am not going to show you the census records not because I can't but because I don't feel like I have to for the likes of you. Intermarriage and CONVERTING their spouses is what led to this. Now stop creating straw man arguments and come back with more ammunition.
That is how people who do not have facts to back up their story react. Go and hide somewhere because here are the numbers for US: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_Jewish_population_comparisons

Jewish population went down steadily from 3% in 1942 to 2.63% in 1970 to 1.71% in 2010. Now go to sleep before I further expose your useless rants.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Please provide quotes of these people which are not based on bhagavat gita and which propagate the sameness myth. Universalism in religion is not an alien concept to Hindus beliefs. Haven't you read about the fight for supremacy between devas and asuras and even between indra and other devas... Even they had to give some hierarchy to themselves and create a united front.Yet the scriptures say brahman is the absolute reality inspite of having thousands of manifestations.
Not all sects believe in the concept of Brahman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles