Fresh user trial of Agni-I missile in june

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
Fresh user trial of Agni-I missile in june - southindia - Orissa - ibnlive

BALASORE: India is preparing to conduct a fresh user trial of Agni-I missile from a defence base off the Orissa coast. The Army personnel will carry out the test any time between June 20 and 30.

Agni-I is the first missile in the country's most ambitious Agni series. The nuke-capable missile can destroy targets nearly 700 km away.
Sources at the Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Chandipur here said preparation for the test has already begun at Wheeler Island launching complex off the Dhamra coast. "There were considerable improvements in its reentry technology and manoeuvrability since Agni's first trial. This test will reconfirm the technical parameters set for the user (Army)," said a defence scientist associated with the programme.As the missile has already been inducted in the Army, the test will be conducted by the personnel of Strategic Forces Command (SFC). This will be a limited stock production (LSP) test of AgniI, which will be randomly selected from a bunch of missiles and used for trial. This missile was first testfired on January 25, 2002 and since then several trials have been conducted. It is designed to bridge the gap between indigenously built shortrange Prithvi, already inducted in the Army, and medium range AgniII that has a range of more than 2,000 km.Meanwhile, India has completed the groundwork to conduct the maiden test of its longest range AgniV missile which will have a strike range of around 5,000 km and the scientists are planning to conduct its first test in September this year. The DRDO launched the Agni project in 1983 as part of the country's Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme and the first test flight of the Agni series was conducted on May 22, 1989 when the 2000km range AgniII was used.

buddhadeb

I think India should concentrate more on shaurya missile as it is semi-ballistic cruise missile with hypersonic speed having range of 750-1500km

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I doubt this is Agni 1 a 30 year old missile being tested.
LF, A1 is specifically made for Pakistan, it was made with single stage motor so that it can be launched from deep inside India with range of 700-900 km.

Agni-I is a single stage, solid fuel, road and rail mobile, medium-range ballistic missile (MRBM). This shorter ranger missile specially designed for targets in Pakistan. The need for the Agni-I was felt after the Kargil war with Pakistan. It took DRDO 18 months to develop the Agni-I after having completed Agni-II development. It is propelled by solid fuel. Maneuvering RV body-lift aerodynamics give it the ability to correct trajectory errors and reduce thermal stresses. The MRV has a velocity correction package to correct launch trajectory variances. Some Agni RV versions use a set of solid fueled thruster cartridges of predetermined impulse, allowing the onboard guidance controller to trim velocity, using discrete combination of impulse quanta along the desired spatial orientation. The 15 metre tall Agni-1 missile, weighing about 12 tonnes, is capable of carrying both conventional as well as nuclear warheads of 1000 kg.
On October 5, 2007, a nuclear-capable Agni I was test fired from Wheelers' Island, a defense base in the Bay of Bengal on Orissa coast at Bhadrak, Orissa; and again on March 23, 2008 from the same site.[6]
Agni-I - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

under line part you know what it means...............:becky::namaste:

So it is less then 10 year old tech.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles