Fresh ceasefire violation by Pakistan in Poonch sector of J&K

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Jammu: Even as the newly appointed Defence Minister, Manohar Parrikar, is scheduled to hold a defence preparedness review meeting with the three services chiefs, a fresh ceasefire violation by Pakistan troops was reported in the Saujian sector of Poonch on Monday.

As per reports, the firing from the Pakistani side began around 11 pm last night. The unprovoked firing from the Pakistan troopers evoked a sharp response from the Indian troops. Intermittent firing from the Pakistani however continued thought the night, sources said

Parrikar, who assumed charge of his office last week, has already had a first round of meetings with the service chiefs, and directed the Army, the Navy and the Air Force to prioritize their demands.

The objective of his meeting with the three services chiefs is to fast track the acquisition and upgradation process in the armed forces.

He has reportedly made it clear that the acquisition process under him will be fast and transparent.

Earlier, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, who was holding additional charge of Defence, had undertaken a series of swift decisions and cleared projects and purchases worth about Rs 1.2 lakh crore.

Fresh ceasefire violation by Pakistan in Poonch sector of J&K | Zee News

sorcerer

Country flag
Pakistan hopeful of resumption of talks with India soon: Abdul Basit

Observing that there is no complete "shutdown" in diplomacy, Pakistan's High Commissioner to India, Abdul Basit on Sunday hoped the stalled dialogue process with India would resume soon even as he underlined the importance of "adhering to" the ceasefire agreement :bs: by both the countries.

"Minister for External Affairs Hon'ble Sushma Swaraj had said there are no full stops in diplomacy. I concur with her that in diplomacy..You do not completely shut it down. So, let's hope there are possibilities that will emerge. So, I am hopeful," Basit said in a media interaction at the Hyderabad Press Club.

Asked where Pakistan stands with regard to India's stance that Pakistan talk to it directly rather than involving separatist groups in the process, he said Jammu and Kashmir is a problem between the countries and that both countries should try to establish peace.

"Jammu and Kashmir is a problem between our two countries. It is part of the composite dialogue process as well. So, we hope that whenever we resume the dialogue process, we will be able to build on the past accomplishments and move forward. Because, peace is in our mutual interest," he said.

India had called off the scheduled foreign secretary-level talks with Pakistan in August, objecting to its envoy meeting Kashmiri separatists on the eve of the dialogue.

Replying to a query on continued ceasefire violations by Pakistan, the High Commissioner said his country held a different view on the issue, :doh:but stressed that both countries should abide by the previous agreements.

"As far as ceasefire violations are concerned, obviously our position is different. I am sure all of you know our position is different. But, without getting into who is violating the ceasefire which was agreed upon back in 2003, I think it is important that we adhere to the ceasefire agreement..:kickass:

"And, not only the ceasefire agreement, I think both Pakistan and India need to comply with all the agreements, MoUs, declarations they have signed... Compliance would enable us to build further content," he said.
:bs:

===============

What are these guys smoking?
As far as ceasefire violations are concerned, obviously our position is different
Yes, their position is to violate ceasfire agreement. Understood

I am sure all of you know our position is different
:puke:

Read more: Pakistan hopeful of resumption of talks with India soon: Abdul Basit - News - Politics - Russian Radio

Global Defence

New threads

Articles