Frenchmen's easy hunting in Mali, Africa

ice berg

That is also priceless statement.

Chinese support Pakistani sponsored terrorists in India but fight the same in Xinjiang. They support communists of North Korea but fight the Communists of Vietnam. They have dual policies wrt to Shan and Kachins. In Sudan they will support any terrorist which gives them oil and supply weapons to them to fight other terrorists. They will also support Taliban in Afghanistan but fight them inside Xinjiang.

Your support of earstwhile commies is stark and instinctual. I do not say it is bad... it appears to be blind...
Dont know what planet you are from , but there is no communist regime. Nor has it ever been any communist regimes.

Try not to confuse autotarian regimes with communism as a utopia.

China supports whatever the regime who can benefit her. She has always been pragmatic in foreign policies.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Chinese support Pakistani sponsored terrorists in India but fight the same in Xinjiang. They support communists of North Korea but fight the Communists of Vietnam. They have dual policies wrt to Shan and Kachins. In Sudan they will support any terrorist which gives them oil and supply weapons to them to fight other terrorists. They will also support Taliban in Afghanistan but fight them inside Xinjiang.

Your support of earstwhile commies is stark and instinctual. I do not say it is bad... it appears to be blind...
Dont know what planet you are from , but there is no communist regime. Nor has it ever been any communist regimes.

Try not to confuse autotarian regimes with communism as a utopia.

China supports whatever the regime who can benefit her. She has always been pragmatic in foreign policies.
I am sure he has not taken off on a Interplanetary probe.

The crux is the Chinese ambivalence to support rogues, call it by any name

True. China will support anyone even the Devil to suit her purpose.

Conscience is not in their dictionary.

What difference does it make if the Cat is Black or White so long as it catches mice, right?

Pragmatic true. But pragmatic with a robotic impulse that belies that is has a heart or a conscience!

Last edited:

ice berg

What difference does it make if the Cat is Black or White so long as it catches mice, right?

Pragmatic true. But pragmatic with a robotic impulse that belies that is has a heart or a conscience!
China is not the only nation in the world who acts out of self-interest.

Everyone else does it including India. I see nothing wrong in it.

There is no such thing as conscience in foreign policies.

You can be the idealist if you want.

pmaitra

Chinese have funded Naxalites and NE militants, I agree, but they have not fought against them elsewhere. I am not aware of them ever having supported Taliban. Regarding NK and Vietnam, you are correct. They are both communist countries. That is how many see communists. Perhaps that is why you are blind to the differences between NK and Vietnam. Still, the only statement I agree with.

Everything else you have said has nothing to do with supporting something at one place and fighting the same thing elsewhere.

My statement was motivated by French support for Al-Qaida affiliates in Syria and their opposition to the same in Mali. If you look for support for communism everywhere, then you will find it almost everywhere.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Chinese have funded Naxalited and NE militants, I agree, but they have not fought against them elsewhere. I am not aware of them ever having supported Taliban. Regarding NK and Vietnam, you are correct. They are both communist countries. That is how many see communists. Perhaps that is why you are blind to the differences between NK and Vietnam. Still, the only statement I agree with.

Everything else you have said has nothing to do with supporting something at one place and fighting the same thing elsewhere.

My statement was motivated by French support for Al-Qaida affiliates in Syria and their opposition to the same in Mali. If you look for support for communism everywhere, then you will find it almost everywhere.
The point in issue was conducting foreign affairs as per stated policies. China fought with Soviet Union and Vietnam but supported Romanian dictetor. They advocate Cambodian independence but not Tibatan autonomy.

What I meant was that there are no scrouples China follows in foreign affairs. Why should France follow the so called morality. It is a sinking ship who are looking for their economic survival.

The comparision you undertook was between French and Chinese morality. I also said there were none.

pmaitra

The point in issue was conducting foreign affairs as per stated policies. China fought with Soviet Union and Vietnam but supported Romanian dictetor. They advocate Cambodian independence but not Tibatan autonomy.

What I meant was that there are no scrouples China follows in foreign affairs. Why should France follow the so called morality. It is a sinking ship who are looking for their economic survival.

The comparision you undertook was between French and Chinese morality. I also said there were none.
The comparison I made was supporting Islamists at one place and fighting them elsewhere at the same time by France.

Replace Islamists with Naxalite or Taliban and France with PRC, and the bulk of your argument falls flat on your face.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China is not the only nation in the world who acts out of self-interest.

Everyone else does it including India. I see nothing wrong in it.

There is no such thing as conscience in foreign policies.

You can be the idealist if you want.
Self interest, yes.

But sometimes morality baulks this self interest and one steps back.

china does not.

binayak95

Country flag

Right on target. Case in point being "Naxals ULFA and North Korea"

desicanuk

PRC has a better standing than France. PRC may not be willing to help, but unlike France, they do not support terrorist on one side and fight the same terrorists elsewhere.
They seem to be supporting a terrorist state in the vicinity!!No marks for guessing which country.But then PRC is doing in Tibet and East Turkestan what Pakis are doing in Baluchistan.Birds of a feather.............!!

pmaitra

They seem to be supporting a terrorist state in the vicinity!!No marks for guessing which country.But then PRC is doing in Tibet and East Turkestan what Pakis are doing in Baluchistan.Birds of a feather.............!!
I never made a claim contrary to what you are saying.

badguy2000

Respected Member

you mean what white Europeans has done with American Indians??

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
PRC has a better standing than France. PRC may not be willing to help, but unlike France, they do not support terrorist on one side and fight the same terrorists elsewhere.
Do you consider SNC terrorists?

satish007

Chinese is learning to be the stick and earrot player
She will catch up soon.

ice berg

Self interest, yes.

But sometimes morality baulks this self interest and one steps back.

china does not.
I have yet to see the socalled morality in foreign policies, in any country.

But you can hide behind China the boogeyman though.

ice berg

What a cluless statement. China is not the only country supporting Pakistan. So does US and Russia . Your own country, Canada is still giving aid to Pakistan.

So why been a hypocrite here?

Last time I checked China was building roads and schools in Tibet. What does Pakistan do in Baluchistan?

May as well talking about naxals, kashmir etc.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I have yet to see the socalled morality in foreign policies, in any country.

But you can hide behind China the boogeyman though.
Well, not supplying arms to countries that are being accused of genocide or civil war or repression is where morality overtakes commerce and money making..

Take the case of Zimbabwe or Sudan.

Who is supplying arms?

Guess.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What a cluless statement. China is not the only country supporting Pakistan. So does US and Russia . Your own country, Canada is still giving aid to Pakistan.

So why been a hypocrite here?

Last time I checked China was building roads and schools in Tibet. What does Pakistan do in Baluchistan?

May as well talking about naxals, kashmir etc.
China is a very magnanimous country.

China is bled white with Pak trained terrorists, but helps Pakistan!

In Kashmir, progress is happening all the time.

No tanks are used in Kashmir or air force as in China and Pakistan respectively!

Or tanks used in Tienanmen Square against own people as in China or wiping out a generation as in the Cultural Revolution, when none were against the country or had risen in protest!

ice berg

Well, not supplying arms to countries that are being accused of genocide or civil war or repression is where morality overtakes commerce and money making..

Take the case of Zimbabwe or Sudan.

Who is supplying arms?

Guess.
So do many other countries including your best buddy Russia. I didnt hear you criticize them. So my question remain, why the double standard?

And do us a favour, provide a link when you claim something.

ice berg

China is a very magnanimous country.

China is bled white with Pak trained terrorists, but helps Pakistan!

In Kashmir, progress is happening all the time.

No tanks are used in Kashmir or air force as in China and Pakistan respectively!

Or tanks used in Tienanmen Square against own people as in China or wiping out a generation as in the Cultural Revolution, when none were against the country or had risen in protest!
True, you just shoot them dead with bullets. It is alot cheaper than using tanks. Cant fault you there.

For 22 years this contested region has endured a regime of torture and disappeared civilians.

The mass graves of Kashmir | World news | The Guardian

desicanuk

you mean what white Europeans has done with American Indians??
No I mean PRC genocide,ethnic cleansing etc in Tibet and East Turkestan.Your time will come when PRC leaders will be dragged before International Court Of Justice
to face the music!!Oh!How the mighty have fallen!!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles