France, Russia, and the Mistral Saga

sgarg

Re: Firm Truce in Ukraine Needed for Mistral Delivery to Russia: Paris

Mistral is great example of united Europe. Russians have served the wind, now they will reap the whirlwind. Poland has shown example, from one of the poorest countries in Europe to holder of top EU post of President of the European Council Donald Tusk. Same path can be possible to Ukraine also. ( And for Russia, if their people wake up, which I doubt they will ).

I wonder what will happen to Chinas and Indians support to poorer Russia. When they have to choose between one billion rich consumers of west for their products and 140 million poor Russians. Choise is easy.
India will continue to deal with "poorer" Russia, no matter what the stand of "rich" Europe.

India has no intention of forcing foreign policy of Russia.

India does not meddle into Ukraine-Russia issues. We hope these issues are settled by people of these countries, hopefully through negotiation.

Gabriel92

Country flag

I smoke Wills if that helps you.

Are you Quickgun Murugun?
Nope. I don't even know who/what is it.

Since it appears that there is ants in your pants, you have failed to see the context. The line above that figure states Rafael deal.

It was in reply to your
Damn,why people have problems in the prononciation of this aircraft,it is Rafale,not "Rafael",i thought you were talking about the Israeli company,Rafael. :lol:
That source lol.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Let me get this straight. You don't want to deliver a WARship which you took money for, because you fear it will be used for....war?
Yes the ships will be used on LAND!

Imagine taking money and then reneging.

India also has to be careful when dealing with France.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Nope. I don't even know who/what is it.

Damn,why people have problems in the prononciation of this aircraft,it is Rafale,not "Rafael",i thought you were talking about the Israeli company,Rafael. :lol:
If you don't order the rafale,so what ?
Having got caught in your duplicitous meandering not based on facts, you pick a typo.

Pardon my French. It is not a language I care much about actually.

If we don't order the Rafeal or Raffle or whatever, France loses $30 billion that it badly requires to revamp its economy which is collapsing.

In fact, François Hollande, the president of France was elected on a promise to turn away from the austerity policies that killed Europe's brief, inadequate economic recovery. The Fernch economy is so bad that he is reneging by having a change of course having folded and giving in completely to demands for even more austerity.

Under such circumstances, $30 billion is a lucrative deal.

That is why France is sending a high powered delegation to convince India on the Rafael deal.

Last edited:

Gabriel92

Country flag

Yes the ships will be used on LAND!

Imagine taking money and then reneging.

India also has to be careful when dealing with France.

Since "bharat" has not invaded/attacked any country yet,there will be no problem.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Since "bharat" has not invaded/attacked any country yet,there will be no problem.
Don't be too sure.

You are delve into the speculative zone and optimistically crystal gazing.

It has been attacked three times and have faced sanctions.

Reneging on a contract is done only by the petty Bourgeoisie, who have no pride in keeping their word.

Otm Shank2

Workers from the shipyard should not worry as the order book of their company is full until 2020.
On December 4,Two additional cruise ships representing a total of 11 million hours of work were added to the STX's list of orders.
The last two years, 250 jobs have been created. Only a small part of the STX workers are still working on finishing the second Mistral. ,thanks to new huge American orders for civil ships,RCCL has also two ocean liners beeing built right now in St Nazaire: Oasis III and IV. St nazaire has no concerns about employment.
Thank you for caring.
So America has the French tied up building cruise ships while it wins huge defence and maintenance contracts?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

When they have to choose between one billion rich consumers of west for their products and 140 million poor Russians. Choise is easy.
:rofl: May i ask why you came to this wonderful logically great conclusion?

jouni

:rofl: May i ask why you came to this wonderful logically great conclusion?
Well if you gonna "make in India", somebody have to buy what you make. Whatever it is you make. EU + US purchading power is 35 times higher than Russians. Now it is even more because of ruble collapse.

pmaitra

Let me get this straight. You don't want to deliver a WARship which you took money for, because you fear it will be used for....war?
Most of the members of KKK in the US are semi-literate trailer-trash losers. They would use a shotgun to kill a mouse, and end up killing the person in the other room. Logic should be left for those that have a semblance of reasoning power.

pmaitra

Well if you gonna "make in India", somebody have to buy what you make. Whatever it is you make. EU + US purchading power is 35 times higher than Russians. Now it is even more because of ruble collapse.
Sure, let those that have a higher purchasing power buy, so that other countries' trade deficits become a trade surplus. A weak Rouble has contributed to massive loss all across the EU, especially Germany. Let's see how long the neighing bluster from EU persists.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Sure, let those that have a higher purchasing power buy, so that other countries' trade deficits become a trade surplus. A weak Rouble has contributed to massive loss all across the EU, especially Germany. Let's see how long the neighing bluster from EU persists.
(On the underlined) May we know how a weak Ruble caused "massive loss all accross EU, especially Germany?"?

pmaitra

(On the underlined) May we know how a weak Ruble caused "massive loss all accross EU, especially Germany?"?
Have you been reading the various threads? Please do.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Have you been reading the various threads? Please do.
There are losses (significant losses on affected businesses but not massive according to your characterization) to European businesses but they are due to imposition of sanctions, not Ruble depreciation...

Prometheus

Mistral is great example of united Europe. Russians have served the wind, now they will reap the whirlwind. Poland has shown example, from one of the poorest countries in Europe to holder of top EU post of President of the European Council Donald Tusk. Same path can be possible to Ukraine also. ( And for Russia, if their people wake up, which I doubt they will ).

I wonder what will happen to Chinas and Indians support to poorer Russia. When they have to choose between one billion rich consumers of west for their products and 140 million poor Russians. Choise is easy.
Yes the choice is easy for India and China! ..... whether to change 140 million poorer Russians (and richer one billion Europeans), into richer 140 million Russians ( and poorer 1billion Europeans).

Prometheus

How many DFI members believe that the whole " Mistral saga" had/has a bigger role to play in the European politics and US hegemony, then just another military deal. I personally believe that this whole politics started post 9/11, when the US decided to invade Iraq over a false pretense of WMD's, and France, Germany and Russia protested against the US and paved a dangerous way for Russia to lead the way in the Geo politics of the European region.

If the Mistral deal would have gone through, it would have paved the way for a new era of cooperation between the European powers and the Russian federation, cutting out the US eventually. Russia would have eventually been a part of EU, and there would finally be peace in Europe after centuries of War or Cold War's. Bad news for the US military and Industrial complex!. The only reason the US is still in the picture of European politics, is the scare of the evil commies will invade! rhetoric. Well we see now that the US policy on Europe (and also on the rest of the world ) has NOTHING to do with communism, since Russia is no longer a communist country!. They are just playing the game to stay in the game, and to keep alive a scare, else Europe will unite, and will no longer need to buy expensive American weapons or to cater to the American foreign policy.

Both France and Germany again tried to block the sanctions imposed on Russia, but buckled against US pressure. the whole Isolation of Russia, is just to keep US in Europe. The lease on Crimea was till 2017, Russia had no reason to worry, and the Mistral's would have been well within Russian hands by then, the key was to make Russia invade Crimea before that, by coaxing Ukrainian politics. Once that was done, the stage was set and everyone played their part, and the US watched

Last edited:

pmaitra

There are losses (significant losses on affected businesses but not massive according to your characterization) to European businesses but they are due to imposition of sanctions, not Ruble depreciation...
Well, that "massive" term is subjective, I admit. For actual Euro or Dollar denominated values, we can always refer to individual articles.

A weak Rouble means, for example, less Russians are buying iPhones or BMWs, so yeas, it is certainly, albeit not exclusively, due to Rouble depreciation.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

A weak Rouble means, for example, less Russians are buying iPhones or BMWs, so yeas, it is certainly, albeit not exclusively, due to Rouble depreciation.
Wrong, Russians flocked to stores and dealerships from October to December last year to buy imported consumer goods, cars, etc, before the value of their Ruble fall any further. But due to wild swings in Ruble several big American and European companies selling in Russia suspended resupply of stocks until such time that there is clarity on Ruble value.

pmaitra

Wrong, Russians flocked to stores and dealerships from October to December last year to buy imported consumer goods, cars, etc, before the value of their Ruble fall any further. But due to wild swings in Ruble several big American and European companies selling in Russia suspended resupply of stocks until such time that there is clarity on Ruble value.
No, you are wrong.

You are looking at a short term phenomenon, and assuming that is going to be the effect in the long term.

Yes, some Russians flocked to buy imported goods, because, they knew they would not be able to buy imported goods in the long run as the Rouble weakens. So, in the long run, the sale of imported goods in Russia will dwindle, and that is what I said in this post.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

That's not what you claimed originally. What you said was that the Ruble devaluation has contributed to massive losses all across the EU, which is in the past tense. You were not talking about future economic fall-out from inability of Russians to buy imported European products (right now the opposite is happening with Russians panic buying on big ticket imported products before Ruble continue to fall any further).

This is your original post BTW:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles