France and others weapons: Pacific security?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Look at how the Chinese are dying to learn English.

The 50 centers want people to believe otherwise!

A movie that tell the reality!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
By drop nukes over their heads? I guess thats the plan
And how exactly are you gonna do that?:rolleyes:

And do you know what NATO is ? and the Military doctrine and political alliances regarding it are?:rolleyes:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Chinese language 'damaged by invasion of English words'
The "invasion" of English words into the Chinese language must be stopped or it will no longer be a pure language, according to the country's most senior translator.

Huang Youyi, chairman of the International Federation of Translators, claims that words such as okay, bye-bye, nice, modern and guitar are slipping in to every day Chinese, and causing problems.

Mr Youyi said: "If we do not pay attention and we do not take measures to stop Chinese mingling with English, Chinese will no longer be a pure language in a couple of years.

"The terms DVD, MP3 and CEO are so abundant in Chinese and they are very popular. But these imported terms can cause confusion."

Mr Huang, who went to university in the United States and is also the head of the China International Publishing group, one of the country's largest publishers, fears that the increasing flow of English words and phrases into Chinese conversation could endanger the future of the language itself.

"In the long run, Chinese will lose its role as an independent language for communicating information and expressing human feelings," said Mr Huang.

As China has opened up and modernised, it has struggled to contain the inward flow of Western culture and language. Presently, only 20 foreign films are allowed to be screened in Chinese cinemas each year, while a wide swath of websites, including Youtube, Facebook and Twitter, have been banned.

Nevertheless, Western brands have proliferated, English-language television shows are widely available and there are huge numbers of students wanting to study English. "Some of our people think that using foreign words is a sign of being open-minded and international.

I do not think so," said Mr Huang. "Instead, we should have confidence in our own language. You cannot expect others to respect you unless you respect yourself," he said.

Mr Huang presented proposals to the recent Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference meetings in Beijing that would ban publications from using English names, places, people and companies.

Instead, the publications would have to translate the terms into Chinese. A national committee would be formed to make a series of official translations. "You rarely see Chinese characters in any English newspaper," he said.

However, Mr Huang has had little support for his proposals. Gu Yuego, a researcher at the Institute of Linguistics at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, said: "If we cleaned out all the borrowed words, less than half of modern Chinese will be left."

He added: "Borrowing words from other languages is a global phenomenon. It is a positive sign of cultural exchange and assimilation. There is no way that China can close the door on this.

France has tried many times to cleanse English words from French and they just make fools of themselves. Our Coke-drinking, Nike-wearing youth is undoubtedly still Chinese, but it has a broader mind and greater knowledge about other countries and cultures."

Chinese language 'damaged by invasion of English words' - Telegraph

tjpf

Why I need to waste any more of my time on english, judging by the response I get, most of poor boys there can get my meanings prefectly anyway.

What we do is to ensure our sons wont need to waste their time on a foreigner language, let the rest world learn Chinese instead ROLF.

I guess thats too hard a concept for a country who still honoring how good they could speak a language spoken by their ex-masters to understand that, LOOOOOL.
mofo porki aka -----i word farts is all you can achieve fu@k face

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The silly Chinese have English names also in addition to their Chinese names! :eek:

They speak of how India remains a slave to England with English ideas still in India.

Now see this where they, inspite of no English influence, are slaves to the English.

Their names as if the Chinese names are leprosy!

Thank God, we speak English, but we don't change our names to English names!

[video]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/7441934/Chinese-language-damaged-by-invasion-of-English-words.html[/video]

Here is a humorous take on Chinese names change to British!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And the Chinese proudly claim that they were never under foreign influence!

And yet they grovelling in the mud to have English names!

Whatever for?

Aren't they a proud race?

Better than Indians as they claim here?

Deceit is their watchword and English name!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I think the name 'Ping Pong' should be ideal!

Once Chinese name and once English name! :rofl:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
G90,

Cap'n are thou sleeping there below?

(apologies Drakes Drum)

Is your English name - Mickey Mouse? ;)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Iceberg

Why whine that my posts are OT

Forgot this, my good man?

Originally Posted by Ray
I am afraid you have no idea of the English language.

Dropping fecal matter does not mean only feaces!

A Dog in the Manger does not mean that there is a Dog in a Manger.

Time you understand the usage of words in English!

Why I need to waste any more of my time on english, judging by the response I get, most of poor boys there can get my meanings prefectly anyway.

What we do is to ensure our sons wont need to waste their time on a foreigner language, let the rest world learn Chinese instead ROLF.

I guess thats too hard a concept for a country who still honoring how good they could speak a language spoken by their ex-masters to understand that, LOOOOOL
It was just to answer this!

Can you answer this, which is OT?

Typical of you chaps when you lose.

Whine and rant!

What did you eat today?

Quite being a total Jhantu! - a Laluwa!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Stop being a crybaby 爱哭

kickok1975

Sir I am fully aware of what GOES ON in that MAD house

Unfortunately I could not control my temper and was banned :laugh:

When those idiots start trolling like you have mentioned ; my blood boils
You should be banned here too if you can't control your temper

Last edited:

kickok1975

France has submarines that launch enough warheads to wipe out most of China's population. Chinese submarines can't even hit India. CdG can wipe out a Chinese fleet before it runs out of ammo. Finish Beijing and Shanghai with ASMP-A. SSNs to stop all trade. War with France will give you a bad century. Of course you already had one of those the last time you dealt with France.
France, a country lost almost all wars in last couple hundred years. I would have much more respect to Germany than France

Last edited:

kickok1975

ask gaddafi the same question:D

yes that's obvious as both china & germany are famous for atrocites & genocide .Nazis are CCP's idol :lol:
In fact, Gaddafi is taken down mainly by US and her support to rebellions. NATO is nothing without US. France simply cannot afford and sustain such a conflict. France was pretty active at beginning but at the end of day, they still need US to clean the mess.

Regarding NAZI and CCP, I agree both are pretty evil. But it has nothing to do with my point that France lost most wars in last couple hundred years..:cool2:

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
In fact, Gaddafi is taken down mainly by US and her support to rebellions. NATO is nothing without US. France simply cannot afford and sustain such a conflict. France was pretty active at beginning but at the end of day, they still need US to clean the mess.
Really I suggest u better check Google what was french role in libya ,:D
if u are lazy tell me i would post the source for u to read.Infact US did send F15 to bomb target But LLOLLZZ one of it crashed shamelessly :rofl:
Infact US role was majority in arming the rebels only nothing else.
Regarding NAZI and CCP, I agree both are pretty evil. But it has nothing to do with my point that France lost most wars in last couple hundred years..:cool2:
France had not fought much war on it's own after WW 2 they have tied up with NATO & they fought under NATO only.Yes in Libya they spearheaded the
attack .
Yes history makes a jack sense if that so then china have been hammered by JAPS in history,which is meaningless now as CHINA is much more powerful than JAP right now.

kickok1975

Really I suggest u better check Google what was french role in libya ,:D
if u are lazy tell me i would post the source for u to read.Infact US did send F15 to bomb target But LLOLLZZ one of it crashed shamelessly :rofl:
Infact US role was majority in arming the rebels only nothing else.

France had not fought much war on it's own after WW 2 they have tied up with NATO & they fought under NATO only.Yes in Libya they spearheaded the
attack .
Yes history makes a jack sense if that so then china have been hammered by JAPS in history,which is meaningless now as CHINA is much more powerful than JAP right now.
Yes, time has changed. 200 years ago France and England were considered as world super power. Now the glory time has passed and their influence is dwindling.

France can always reaffirm their commitment to Asia-Pacific. But don't expect many people to care and take notice. If you don't do many businesses with us, if you don't have many investments, if your former colonies are not enthusiastically welcoming you back, then you don't expect to play a big role.

Last edited:

mahesh

Country flag
LOOK EAST policy is also followed by all western countries :thumb:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles