Foxconn to build up to 12 factories and employ 1 million people in India

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
indian workers are not getting equal pay for doing equal work.
YES.
but i have been telling you they get same LIFESTYLE. because it is cheaper to live in INDIA because india is a POOR country.

nimo_cn

Country flag
You didn't mentioned the fact that an average chinese workers earn far less than western standards. The chinese sweat shops are famous for their inhumane conditions.
But it is because cost of living in china is far less than the west and more poorer. Same way cost of living in India is far more cheap and that's why labor is cheap. SImple economics.
yes, you are telling the truth, westerners are rich, Chinese are cheap, indians are cheaper.

来自我的 HUAWEI P7-L07 上的 Tapatalk

nimo_cn

Country flag
you are confusing labour rights with salary,
using that logic indian workers should be get paid in dollars equal to american worker for doing same work,
just say dumb that you are jealous and don't like that company to be in india,
and yes its not easy in india to cut labor rights,

first they bring companies here,
first people want jobs then labor rights its same all over world.
that is exactly why I am commenting on this thread, we are not jealous. if Indian posters could confine the discussion to India, I would not say a word.

whatever you are getting, we had it. Chinese government has been constantly raising minimum wages in the last 2 decades, it's natural that labor intensive business will be driven out of China, something we have expected and prepared for. Chinese economy are not going to thrive on low end industry forever.

in fact, India should do some serious self–reflection. labor cost in China has surpassed India for quite a long time, why is it until now that India is getting some share of the business? for decades, the affluent labor resource was wasted in drain.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
compared to Chinese workers, indian workers are not getting equal pay for doing equal work.

when companies of foxconn kind flock into your country, one should not feel so joyful. certainly, it's great that unemployed people are getting jobs. but at the same time, it's sad that your country is still banking on low-end business of this kind to develop the economy.

Manufacturing is an essential part for the eco system of the country. India is yet to establish a strong manufacturing base, so it is a welcome sign if foreign companies start their business here. Manufacturing and R&D are steps in a ladder and we are climbing it.

India just like China of early 2000's is trying to be a strong economy. Once the economy and per capita rise then India will have many small entrepreneurs like that of USA,Japan, China etc...etc..,

India needs to get the composition right regarding Agriculture, Manufacturing, Services and other areas where considerable jobs are created.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
low wages, that is what I am talking about. democracy cant prevent indian workers from getting less money for doing the same amount of work compared to Chinese workers.

The main point is lets say a chinese earn 10 rmb in China and have to spend around 5 rmb for his living per day. An Indian can earn 6 rmb and spend 3 rmb for the same comforts the chinese is getting. Because living in India is cheaper than China.

So even though the manufacturing company pays less compared to China, Indian people can lead the same comfortable life as that of Chinese.

Once the percapita income rises along with cost of living wages of India also rise but that will take long time. At that point of time these companies will look for more cheaper destination.

So like what happened in China in early 2000's India is also looking to do what China has done, But our economic model is flexible and we are learning from Chinese experience.

nimo_cn

Country flag
@no smoking: Can you tell me if what kind of labour rates a typical Chinese road worker gets? Because I am surprised that Chinese road construction company had to bring Chinese road workers to build roads in an Indian project, instead of Indian "cheap labour". As for Chinese company low bid rate was only possible by using Chinese workers.

So is the Actual Chinese Labour Rate < Indian Labour Rate ?
depends on how you define it.

I could certainly tell you that Chinese construction workers earn much more than indian workers, but it's also certain that they are much more hardworking than indian workers.

my college classmate who is working with huawei was send to Bangalore for a couple of times, he told me that punctuality and overtime were not in his indian colleagues' dictionary.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
depends on how you define it.

I could certainly tell you that Chinese construction workers earn much more than indian workers, but it's also certain that they are much more hardworking than indian workers.

my college classmate who is working with huawei was send to Bangalore for a couple of times, he told me that punctuality and overtime were not in his indian colleagues' dictionary.

you have to come and see in Bangalore, I work in Bangalore and we work 15 to 16 hours a day and some times week ends.

I work in VLSI, we also receive Foxconn products and recently there is a chinese team in Bangalore working here for almost a month in CISCO!

amoy

on Indian living expenses I was told by German tourists encountered in Pokhara that Indian costs were even lower than Nepal's probably of foods and housing. is it true? India is so big that the Germans might have only experienced a small part of it. they joked around they could not eat when seeing prices on menus in Singapore and Hongkong in stunning contrast.

the transfer of labour-intensive industries to lower-cost regions is inevitable like what happned before, first fm US to Japan , then fm Japan to Asian Tigers and so on step by step.

nobody can defy gravity.

but one thing that doesnt augur well for Chinese is that it's too early for China to squeeze the so-called "low end" manufacturing out. there're still vast under-developed areas that look to such industries to absorb workforce shifting out of farming. China should retain it through higher productivity, comprehensive supply chain and logistics etc. as competitive edges.

Foxconn for instance has been moving a chunk of its capacity fm coastal to inland China.

Vietnam Cambodia Bangladesh … many r vying for slices of the pie, let alone India.

~Tapa talks: Orange is the new black.~

salute

that is exactly why I am commenting on this thread, we are not jealous. if Indian posters could confine the discussion to India, I would not say a word.

whatever you are getting, we had it. Chinese government has been constantly raising minimum wages in the last 2 decades, it's natural that labor intensive business will be driven out of China, something we have expected and prepared for. Chinese economy are not going to thrive on low end industry forever.

in fact, India should do some serious self–reflection. labor cost in China has surpassed India for quite a long time, why is it until now that India is getting some share of the business? for decades, the affluent labor resource was wasted in drain.

well thats the question for bs congressi party that why labor resources was wasted because they ruled india 65 years since independence,
china started raising wages long ago because it became manufacturing country long ago,

india was never manufacturing country before,
india is agriculture and services based economy and in that sector india may have pretty nice wages,
now india starting manufacturing so workers are expected to get better wages,
already told you first people needs jobs then comes rise in wages and labor rights.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
China's Foxconn Confirms Rs12,800 Crore Boost for Make in India: In Talks with Adani, Micromax to Set up Plants

Taiwanese tech giant Foxconn Technology plans to make long-term investments in India, giving a fillip to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's 'Make in India' initiative.

The company is in discussions with the Gujarat-based Adani Group and other domestic firms to establish manufacturing plants in the country.

"We are very encouraged to invest in India but a decision is not final yet," said Foxconn chairman and CEO Terry Gou, who is on an India visit for the second time in less than two months.

Gou, who met PM Modi on Tuesday, said the company is "very interested" in many government programmes including Make in India, Skill India, Digital India and Clean India.

"We don't want to be just manufacturers or assemblers but we want to get the whole supply chain... We are looking at long term hi-tech investment.... from a five to 10 year view," The Indian Express quoted Gou as saying.

During his earlier visit, the chairman had said the company was planning to create minimum one million jobs in India by establishing 10-12 manufacturing units in the country by 2020.

According to the Economic Times,. the investment funnelled out over the next five years will be around 2 billion (Rs 12,800 crore).

Foxconn, the world's largest contract manufacturer, is also looking to establish data centres and incubators in cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad, besides investing in domestic Internet start-ups, small and medium enterprises and handset manufacturers.

Currently, Foxconn manufactures iPhones and iPads for Apple and Kindle e-book readers for Amazon Inc, besides making electronic equipment for top global tech firms such as Cisco, Dell, Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard.

Gou said Foxconn is looking to partner with billionaire Gautam Adani's Adani Group to set up electronics manufacturing units in the country.

"We will be working very closely with them," he said, without giving any details on a "possible deal" with Adani.

He also said the company is in talks with local tech companies including Micromax and Snapdeal.

Gou also confirmed Foxconn's investment in the country's second largest e-commerce firm Snapdeal, without giving any details on the transaction, Livemint reported.

A Bloomberg report on Monday said that Snapdeal is in plans to raise nearly $500 million, with Chinese Alibaba Group and Foxconn as the main investors.

Without mentioning the exact locations, Gou said the company is evaluating states including Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, and Maharashtra to set up manufacturing facilities.

He highlighted "logistics, supply chain, supply risk, infrastructure, particularly power, carbon emissions and land acquisition" as some of the concerns for the company to set up "manufacturing and exporting facilities in India."

Article Published: August 5, 2015 11:57 IST

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/foxconn-wo...nts-india-confirms-investment-snapdeal-641705

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles