Foxconn to build up to 12 factories and employ 1 million people in India

nimo_cn

Country flag
India is a democracy which can protect the human rights of the working class so .... np.
how? that is simply empty promise and willful thinking.

foxconn comes to India to cut cost, that means lower salary and less benefits for indian workers, democracy cant protect indian workers from being exploited by companies like foxconn.

来自我的 HUAWEI P7-L07 上的 Tapatalk

Srinivas_K

Country flag
how? that is simply empty promise and willful thinking.

foxconn comes to India to cut cost, that means lower salary and less benefits for indian workers, democracy cant protect indian workers from being exploited by companies like foxconn.

Yes democracies can protect the rights of workers because there is freedom of speech and Govt. is in favor of workers rights !

Foxconn is only reaping the reaping the benefit of cheap labour wages and low cost of living in India. Since the wages they pay also are attractive because of low cost of living.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Yes democracies can protect the rights of workers because there is freedom of speech and Govt. is in favor of workers rights !

Foxconn is only reaping the reaping the benefit of cheap labour wages and low cost of living in India. Since the wages they pay also are attractive because of low cost of living.
lol, freedom of speech, human right! my a$$!

for those who struggle to make a living, higher wages and better benifits are the fundamental human right, which is exactly what indian government cant provide.

nimo_cn

Country flag
No..I dont want to read Biased news churned out by CCP.
Foxconn is a company run by an exPLA guy....we know

To bring you upto date...Foxconn did that in China and is converting to assembly using robots to avoid hiring cheapest chinese labour.
Foxconn made the chinese slaves work ..made money and is moving out of China for better avenues using tech.
Labour regulations in India is stricter and more democratic than CCP led slavery in China.

Not really cuz Chinese are PITA for Foxconn ...not only that..with no respect for IP and shameless stealing(GooPhone)Foxconn is moving out to sensible locations...+ Beijings stance with its neighbors

============
Beijing wants territory controlled by its neighbors and, as a result, China is getting itself into nasty scrapes, especially with Japan. Moreover, the Chinese have designs on the sovereign state of Taiwan, which they consider their 34th province. For IT companies, China’s friction with these two countries is a problem because many of their products rely on Japanese and Taiwanese components.

And the Chinese have not only gone after neighbors. Since late 2010, Beijing has sought to punish American, European Union, and Norwegian companies for perceived misdeeds of their governments. In Norway’s case, it was the award of the Nobel Peace Prize to dissident Liu Xiaobo that started a multi-year Chinese war against salmon imports from the Scandinavian country.

Costs can always be passed on to customers or absorbed. Supply chain disruptions, however, can kill a business. Beijing’s retaliation last September against Japanese companies showed that China is no longer a reliable member of global supply chains.

As Beijing seeks to use its economic leverage to obtain geopolitical objectives, companies will have no choice but to reduce their China exposure. This comes at a time when economic factors are already pushing foreign businesses away.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonchang/2013/02/24/is-foxconn-fleeing-china-sure-looks-like-it/

===============
Theres more than what you read in Chinese Newspapers!!!!
INdia being a good market for mobile devices Foxconn doesnt want to lose this market.
lol, foxconn run by ex-PLA? you must be fucking kidding me, i dont even bother replying to the rest of your post.

nimo_cn

Country flag
India is establishing fab cities and there is digital revolution about to happen with investments close to 90 Billion dollars.
dont brag about things that are not accomplished.
But .... But China got those factories because of the same reason of chinese being cheap in the last decade, add to that the prision camps and working conditions with no human rights. One can easily produce the goods cheap in China at that time.
that is true, and the exact point I am making about foxconn moving to India. foxconn is moving to India because they can treat indian labors the same way they treated Chinese labors, with low wages and horrible working conditions, that is foxconn's way to cut cost and improve profit. if not, they dont have to shift business from China to India.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!

that is true, and the exact point I am making about foxconn moving to India. foxconn is moving to India because they can treat indian labors the same way they treated Chinese labors, with low wages and horrible working conditions, that is foxconn's way to cut cost and improve profit. if not, they dont have to shift business from China to India.

Agreed. They wanna cut costs. No doubt. But it is not so easy in India to cut labor rights. Foxconn is a high profile company and will be under watch ... we have laws you know... Including factory inspection and unions... all it takes here is for one union member to click a video/pic and it'll be all over the media .... but the average indian earns a fraction of what the average chinese does so labor here is soo soo cheap. Average graduate salary after collage per month is less than the cost of an iPhone.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Agreed. They wanna cut costs. No doubt. But it is not so easy in India to cut labor rights. Foxconn is a high profile company and will be under watch ... we have laws you know... Including factory inspection and unions... all it takes here is for one union member to click a video/pic and it'll be all over the media .... but the average indian earns a fraction of what the average chinese does so labor here is soo soo cheap. Average graduate salary after collage per month is less than the cost of an iPhone.
my point is simple, whatever foxconn is going to offer indian workers, it's less than what it's offering Chinese workers, not just wages, but aslo working conditions, they cost money. your law cant alter that.

you people always talk about labor right, please dont forget the first and foremost labor right-getting paid, doing the same amount of work, but getting less money than their Chinese counterparts, I dont think they are enjoying more labor rights as you guys claimed.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
India just took the initiative and heading in that direction, within a decade Indian electronics market will become comparable to the oil India buys. That is how huge and essential a digital revolution is for India. Some serious steps are being taken in this direction.

Chinese Govt. has little concern to the human rights, India is not the same. Indian Govt. cannot enforce nor let the foreign companies enforce their laws forcefully.

nimo_cn

Country flag
India just took the initiative and heading in that direction, within a decade Indian electronics market will become comparable to the oil India buys. That is how huge and essential a digital revolution is for India. Some serious steps are being taken in this direction.

Chinese Govt. has little concern to the human rights, India is not the same. Indian Govt. cannot enforce nor let the foreign companies enforce their laws forcefully.
Chinese government certainly has more concern to human right than indian government, that is why China has been outperforming India in improving people's life, better life means more human right.

if introducing foxconn is the way indian government to improve its economy, Chinese government has done that decades ago, that is why we are discussing foxconn moving from China to India, not moving from India to China.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
lol, freedom of speech, human right! my a$$!

for those who struggle to make a living, higher wages and better benifits are the fundamental human right, which is exactly what indian government cant provide.

India is market economy, most of the business is run by the private/corporate sectors. Indian Govt. only drafts policies and make sure they are implemented by these corporates correctly.

Regarding higher wages/better life and all, It is upto people to dream big and achieve their dreams. The platform is there. Govt. will only provide basic things and makes sure people have plenty of opportunities to thrive, it is upto people to make sure they use the opportunities.
Unlike in China where every aspect of life of chinese citizens is determined by CCP.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
my point is simple, whatever foxconn is going to offer indian workers, it's less than what it's offering Chinese workers, not just wages, but aslo working conditions, they cost money. your law cant alter that.

you people always talk about labor right, please dont forget the first and foremost labor right-getting paid, doing the same amount of work, but getting less money than their Chinese counterparts, I dont think they are enjoying more labor rights as you guys claimed.

They will get enough as cost of living in india is cheap too ... food , cloths, rent all cost less than china. So it's a win win deal. A Chinese will have higher expense too (he will also enjoy higher quality of life)...
Again Labour right as understood in India and mostly around the world is:
a) Equal work Equal Pay also minimum wage.
b) Right to form Union
c) Limited Working hours per week (e.g. 8 hr shift *6 days =42 hrs per week max .. asking a worker to work more than this is Illegal ... unless overtime is paid and he cannot be fired if he refuses)
d) Medical and other benefits.
Now all these things are cheaper in India .... Rent is less so minimum wage is less.... food is cheap ... etc etc... so the foreign company pays in Indian rupees but sells e.g. iPhone in dollars.... so they earn money)

fyodor

Country flag

You didn't mentioned the fact that an average chinese workers earn far less than western standards. The chinese sweat shops are famous for their inhumane conditions.
But it is because cost of living in china is far less than the west and more poorer. Same way cost of living in India is far more cheap and that's why labor is cheap. SImple economics.

jouni

Microsoft is sacking former Nokia people here. Is it easy to get work permits in India? I bet many of them would not mind working in sunny India.

salute

you are confusing labour rights with salary,
using that logic indian workers should be get paid in dollars equal to american worker for doing same work,
just say dumb that you are jealous and don't like that company to be in india,
and yes its not easy in india to cut labor rights,

first they bring companies here,
first people want jobs then labor rights its same all over world.

Last edited:

salute

Microsoft is sacking former Nokia people here. Is it easy to get work permits in India? I bet many of them would not mind working in sunny India.
they not gonna be paid in euro.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
They need to be paid a minimum of INR 1.5 million so check it out .... since tech co's are down south it wouldn't be that hot although hotter than Europe.
Note: India is a sausage fest ... Please send women ONLY. ;) BMI<23 Age <30

Brood Father

Country flag
When mao opened market in China for foriegn players , chinese were not rich people , nor they were having basic necessity , why did they came to China ?
Becuase my friend china was cheap labour and their native skilled labour was very expensive
It took four decades for China to talk about basic human pay .
So let us give the same amount of time becuase we have aggressively opened our market not more than year ago and now we are taking your share
Let's give us at least half the time you got to make your economy and then, when we will talk about more salary for labour then we will talk

no smoking

Country flag
That change is happening gradually !
In other words, democracy didn't work as good as you claim.
And the same "change" is happening in every corner of the world, including those "undemocratic" countries.

AnantS

Country flag
@no smoking: Can you tell me if what kind of labour rates a typical Chinese road worker gets? Because I am surprised that Chinese road construction company had to bring Chinese road workers to build roads in an Indian project, instead of Indian "cheap labour". As for Chinese company low bid rate was only possible by using Chinese workers.

So is the Actual Chinese Labour Rate < Indian Labour Rate ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles