Four new J-20 and one new J-31 stealth fighters | Popular Science

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
China's supersonic stealth Dark Sword UCAV doesn't look anything like an American UCAV.

That's a second example for you to think over.

A third example is the double-fuselage low-band radar Chinese Divine Eagle drone.

A fourth example is China's Sky Wing 2 stealth UAV.

----------

A fifth example is China's Guizou Soar Dragon with a double-wing design.

That means you are learning ! Good! But technologically you are far from surpassing or defeating USA by state of the art ACs, this is what I was trying to say. Your mainstay ACs have Russian design or copied design be it J16 or J11. Unlike India you stopped buying Western fighter jets.

In the field of "state of the art" war weapons USA is still unbeatable.

Martian

Respected Member
That means you are learning ! Good! But technologically you are far from surpassing or defeating USA by state of the art ACs, this is what I was trying to say. Your mainstay ACs have Russian design or copied design be it J16 or J11. Unlike India you stopped buying Western fighter jets.

In the field of "state of the art" war weapons USA is still unbeatable.
You are making an assumption.

Both the J-20 and F-22 are untested. Until they engage in combat, we won't know the kill ratio for each plane.

It could be 1:1, 1:2, or some other ratio.

There are factors that work in the J-20's favor.

The J-20 is a bigger plane and has a larger radar. This is an important advantage. First detection usually means first kill.

The J-20 is backed by Chinese ground-based anti-stealth radars and SAMs.

The J-20 has EOTS. The F-22 does not.

It will be a close fight.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I have no idea what you are talking about. A Chinese fourth-generation J-10B fighter with canards and DSI has no counterpart in the Russian or American airforce.

For your information, the J-10A has discontinued production. Thus, I mention the J-10B.

Look at the shape. An Aerodynamic disaster. In spite of powerful russian engine, It maneuvers are poor. Look at its video of any airshow. It is just a wastage of powerful Russian engine. No wonder 5 (Atleast declared figure) have fallen down last year.

Martian

Respected Member
Look at the shape. An Aerodynamic disaster. In spite of powerful russian engine, It maneuvers are poor. Look at its video of any airshow. It is just a wastage of powerful Russian engine. No wonder 5 (Atleast declared figure) have fallen down last year.
The J-10B is very aerodynamic. General Dynamics had a finalized design that was very close to the J-10A.

The J-10B is a 4.5 generation fighter. The RAM cockpit and DSI provide a smaller RCS.
----------

A General Dynamics early design study for the F-16 looks similar to the J-10 | Alert 5

----------

Last edited:

A chauhan

Country flag
You are making an assumption.

Both the J-20 and F-22 are untested. Until they engage in combat, we won't know what the kill ratio is for each plane.

It could be 1:1 or 1:2.
USA saw its first stealth jet in 1981 as F-117 NightHawk , China produced J20 in 2011, almost 30 years later. Some things can not be completely learned via espionage or any such things. If I were to bet on F22 vs J20 I'll go for F22. In the same manner Japan and USA are masters in the field of AESA radar not others.

Martian

Respected Member
USA saw its first stealth jet in 1981 as F-117 NightHawk , China produced J20 in 2011, almost 30 years later. Some things can not be completely learned via espionage or any such things. If I were to bet on F22 vs J20 I'll go for F22. In the same manner Japan and USA are masters in the field of AESA radar not others.
Your reasoning is flawed.

The US built the first supercomputer a few decades before China. Yet, China surpassed the US in supercomputers.

There is no reason that China cannot surpass the US in stealth fighters.

A chauhan

Country flag
Your reasoning is flawed.

The US built the first supercomputer a few decades before China. Yet, China surpassed the US in supercomputers.

There is no reason that China cannot surpass the US in stealth fighters.
Now that is called assumption !
Perhaps in the future not now. And for that you'll have to adopt indigenous way to design and you will take time for that. And by your logic one day India will surpass China on many things.

Martian

Respected Member
Now that is called assumption !
Perhaps in the future not now. And for that you'll have to adopt indigenous way to design and you will take time for that. And by your logic one day India will surpass China on many things.
There is a problem in your argument. You have to prove it.

China has proven its deep-sea submersible can travel deeper than the best US submersible.

China has proven it can send people into space. Currently, the US has to hitch a ride on the Russian Soyuz.

The Chinese supercomputer is six times faster than the fastest US supercomputer.

There are many other examples, including China's far superior record in ground-based interceptor (GBI) tests.

However, India has not proven that it is superior in any technological field.

You guys don't have the faintest clue on how to build a semiconductor chip. Yet, you are comparing yourself to China. That is farfetched.

Logical reasoning has to be backed up by real-world facts. You Indians have zilch.

----------

Let me give you another example.

The J-31 has a maximum service ceiling of 65,000 feet.

The F-35 has a maximum service ceiling of 50,000 feet.

The J-31 is clearly superior in maximum altitude (which is important for the range of a missile fired) than the F-35. This is superior Chinese design and engineering for a medium-weight stealth fighter.

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Either this year or next year, we are operationalizing an observatory with detector magnet 4 times bigger than CERN. I'll tag you there.;)

A chauhan

Country flag
There is a problem in your argument. You have to prove it.

China has proven its deep-sea submersible can travel deeper than the best US submersible.

China has proven it can send people into space. Currently, the US has to hitch a ride on the Russian Soyuz.

The Chinese supercomputer is six times faster than the fastest US supercomputer.

There are many other examples, including China's far superior record in ground-based interceptor (GBI) tests.

You guys don't have the faintest clue on how to build a semiconductor chip. Yet, you are comparing yourself to China. That is farfetched.

Logical reasoning has to be backed up by real-world facts. You Indians have zilch.

----------

Let me give you another example.

The J-31 has a maximum service ceiling of 65,000 feet.

The F-35 has a maximum service ceiling of 50,000 feet.

The J-31 is clearly superior in maximum altitude (which is important for the range of a missile fired) than the F-35. This is superior Chinese design and engineering for a medium-weight stealth fighter.
Hold your horses ! With copy cat designs done via espionage and computer hacking you are dreaming/arguing to defeat USA, great ! Do you know how many operational F22 USA has as compared to your J20 ?

You are quite ill informed about India. Mars mission of India is successful on first attempt, have Chinese achieved it ? No.

70 years ago you were zero ! now you are dreaming so big, and India is not even a zero, don't forget that. USA has almost explored the complete solar system , how far have you ?

I don't want to embarrass you or I could have pointed you towards "copy cat thread".

Martian

Respected Member
Hold your horses ! With copy cat designs done via espionage and computer hacking you are dreaming/arguing to defeat USA, great ! Do you know how many operational F22 USA has as compared to your J20 ?

You are quite ill informed about India. Mars mission of India is successful on first attempt, have Chinese achieved it ? No.

70 years ago you were zero ! now you are dreaming so big, and India is not even a zero, don't forget that. USA has almost explored the complete solar system , how far have you ?

I don't want to embarrass you or I could have pointed you towards "copy cat thread".
The Mars mission was all NASA.

Show me something that India can do by itself without another country's expertise.

Whoa! Your claim of copycat really scares me. Not!

No one cares what you think.

The world knows the Chinese supercomputer is made in China. So is everything else.

----------

The Chinese Nobel Prize in Medicine for artemisinin is also 100% Chinese.

China's artemisinin has saved millions of lives from malaria. What have you Indians accomplished? Zilch.

You Indians talk big. Can you show me an Indian Nobel Prize in the Sciences? I thought not.

How many lives has Indian science saved? A big fat zero.

Spare me your copycat garbage.

Last edited:

A chauhan

Country flag
The Mars mission was all NASA.

Show me something that India can do by itself without another country's expertise.

Whoa! Your claim of copycat really scares me. Not!

No one cares what you think.

The world knows the Chinese supercomputer is made in China. So is everything else.

----------

The Chinese Nobel Prize in Medicine for artemisinin is also 100% Chinese.

China's artemisinin has saved millions of lives from malaria. What have you Indians accomplished? Zilch.

You Indians talk big. Can you show me an Indian Nobel Prize in the Sciences? I thought not.

How many lives has Indian science saved? A big fat zero.

Spare me your copycat garbage.
You proved nothing except your frustration , Mars mission was Indian mission, we completed that, educate yourself before vomiting garbage, Chinese mission failed ! Period.

And no you can't defeat/surpass USA in next 50 years. :) accept this truth.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
BS . CHinese submarines are same as what Russia had in seventies. Do you want to listen to a video of Russian expert? DO you want to read an article that says that to kill one aircraft career of US, 40 % of chinese navy shall sink. Do you want to read an article saying that US F35 with some help is enough to sink Lioning?
Do you know before how many years had US sent her Man on moon? Now it is a very old technology for US. It does not mean US can't do that. It is about outsourcing some low tech work. US satellites goes into space on PSLV. WHat does it mean? Does it mean that US can not do that?
And still you have to bag from russia the S300 and S400. Your HQ 9 is a big BS and aimed and cash cowing the idiot country like Pakistan. Tell me why did you buy S 400 from russia inspite of your so called success in intercepting?
We are first to reach mars in first attempt and you failed inspite of using russian rocket. We are far ahead of you in complex fast breeder technology (Just 30 years ahead).
You bought Lavi design and ended up in making Worst disastrous J10 and we made Tejas.

We are first country to intercept incoming missile in first attempt in hit to kill mode and fourth in the world after US, Israel and russia. You are nowhere.

You have many planes. All of them are from copied or stolen designs. You do not have a single design of your own.

Your long range missiles shucks against our Agni series (Yes, forget about K series). We have just 17 ton of Agni IV which can carry 1.2 tons at 4000 KM after climbing 900 KM and hits the target with very low 2 digit accuracy. All your chinese missiles sucks against Agni which are very fast and very accurate. K series?? No i do not want to compare K series with any of your Junk Fang 1 to 100. It is insult of K series.

Our Kilo class spied 2 of your junk submarines and they knew nothing untill your plane detected it. We today have world's best cruise missile of the world and best interceptor or SAM (LRSAM) in the world which can down anything. Our LCH has more than 2 times T/W ratio of your Z10. Still you guys compare Z10 with LCH where there is absolutely no comparison. Tejas is much more maneuverable than any of your J 1 to J 100 missile. you will never heard any discussion of g limits and AOA of J10 because they are 3rd generation junk not made to compete with F 16 or Gripen. Your Type 99 is a junk and dirty copy of Russian tanks. You are muster-batting about DF21 for decades without any successful test. Where we quote our missile range like agni III with 2.5 tons and K series with 2 tons, you quote the range with 600 and 700 KG of your JL 2. JL 2 sucks infront of K series which has a depressed trajectory and takes cruise missile type trajectory in its terminal phase at mach 7 to 8 before hitting the target with almost no error.

Your ships sucks against Kolkatta class and vishakhapattanam class. They carries Brahmos, LRSAM and barak 1 to gather. Just one Brahmos is enough for your one warship. Your junk lioning to which you took 14 years to furnish an Ukraine platform but engine failed and now it is said that it is not even worth even training. When I write this, lots and lots things come to my mind which I do not want to write here to make my post even bigger.

Last edited:

Martian

Respected Member
BS . CHinese submarines are same as what Russia had in seventies. Do you want to listen to a video of Russian expert?
China's Type 041 Yuan diesel-electric submarine with AIP is superior to the latest Russian Kalina-class submarine, which still does not have AIP.

Martian

Respected Member
China's Type 093G nuclear attack submarines with vertical-launch missiles are comparable to the US Virginia class submarines. Russia has yet to develop a nuclear attack submarine with vertical-launch missiles.

Huludao Shipyard has completed the construction of three Type- 093 submarine | Errymath

China's "Huludao Shipyard has completed the construction of three Type 093G nuclear-powered attack submarines" with a Vertical Launch System (VLS).

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
@Martian ,

Do not talk about your Junk 31. Your media has accepted that it is nowhere near F 35. It has further said that it is made to sell to some poor countries.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
China's Type 041 Yuan diesel-electric submarine with AIP is superior to the latest Russian Kalina-class submarine, which still does not have AIP.

Like your HQ series was superior to russian S 400. Still you went and beged S400. Inspite of your superior submarines, you went to buy 2 submarines from russia to counter india.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Sorry for quoting late. I just forgot. :p
Okay, you've got a bigger magnet. I guess that's something.
No, I guess that's something.
http://m.deccanherald.com/articles..../astrosat-solves-cosmic-puzzle-involving.html
In fact, that isn't anything. One discovery is nothing.
You must have contributed a lot more in research to make your name.
You list up Chinese discoveries, I can search and list up Indian discoveries.

China has undoubtedly a greater contribution. But we too have our own name and respect, far far bigger than zero.:)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles