Forum rules and guidelines

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Dear Members,

We have just completed 3.5 years of DFI. Ever since we started the forum, we have come up with some announcements here and there regarding forum rules or guidelines.

The staff of DFI has made a revised list of guidelines and rules over here DFI Rules and Guidelines

We expect the members to respect the forum rules and also expect the staff of DFI to enforce it to the maximum possible within the constraints of the time the staff manages to put in.

blank_quest

Country flag
That is correct.
but I didn't get the rational of point no : <9>

9.Calling names of leading personalities will not be entertained and dealt with.
.. can you please further explain the rationale behind this?
if you are "regulating" freedom of expression under you "forum policies" please do remember not to breach the "reasonableness" of restriction.
I don't think criticizing is equivalent to "Abuse" if its not getting personal and subjective. if facts and events are reproduced in objective manner then , should this restriction be still imposed?
please clarify!:thumb::confused:

blank_quest

Country flag
ok I got your point... I thought that you were talking about "mentioning names" but what you actually meant was

call someone names
to call someone by an abusive or insulting name.
:thumb:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
but I didn't get the rational of point no : <9>

.. can you please further explain the rationale behind this?
if you are "regulating" freedom of expression under you "forum policies" please do remember not to breach the "reasonableness" of restriction.
I don't think criticizing is equivalent to "Abuse" if its not getting personal and subjective. if facts and events are reproduced in objective manner then , should this restriction be still imposed?
please clarify!:thumb::confused:
I think the guidelines say it all. We are not framing these to stifle opinion.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I will add here that DFI is blind to any religion, caste and region. We are only providing a platform for people to discuss issues concerning India. Our aim as i have said before is to position ourselves as a place to look up to for ideas regarding policy. Be a think tank for the future. To be so, we will require serious and knowledgeable posts or else people will consider the forum as a rant and jingo place and not consider us seriously.

DFI is not pro or con anyone. We are only pro India and its interests.

The rules and guidelines formed will be adhered to strictly. All discussions will have to be civil regardless of any personal biases. Only then a poster is taken seriously and the forum at large.

Yes i am seriously hinting at the political and religious discussions. DFI is not a platform for political and ideological propaganda. We will come down hard on it.We have been a bit lenient in the past so as to accommodate maximum PoVs and opinion. However the staff of DFI feels that the forum is big and popular enough to have even more responsible moderation. The events of the last few days have shown how internet and particularly social media can be used to drive hate mongering. DFI will NOT be part of any of it. We will be strict.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
. Staff's posts and overlooked rule violations do not set a precedent for behavior that is not permitted.
:scared2:

This one' so circular that it's implications are completely lost on me . . .

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
:scared2:

This one' so circular that it's implications are completely lost on me . . .
This means if certain 'non-sensical' posts even by staff are not deleted, don't take it as an inspiration to emulate those posts and post more non-sensical stuff. Just report them.

Ankit Purohit

Country flag
can anyone explain me how to start new thread in DFI , I am unable to find that option

Waiting for reply

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
can anyone explain me how to start new thread in DFI , I am unable to find that option

Waiting for reply
Go to any sub-forum. And then look for "Post New Thread" button on top left side. Click that and it will take to you a "editor" where you can post your new thread.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
From revised DFI Rules and Guidelines

Just to be clear, I understand that currently registered members are bound to the revised rules.
I can only say - Hopefully!

The Mods are working overtime and yet the slippery eel slips through.

That is where we request vigilant posters to report the posts that we have missed.

As they say - Help us to help you serve better!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yusuf and others have worked overtime to find ways to bring some sanity with these Guidelines.

It is ardently requested of all to help him and others to maintain their sanity and a wee bit time for their personal life.

They are also human!

In fact, I am equally guilty.

I ruined his watching a movie with his family!

I apologise to Yusuf in this open forum!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
In fact, I am equally guilty.

I ruined his watching a movie with his family!

I apologise to Yusuf in this open forum!
:facepalm:

Don't embarrass me sir.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles