Forum complaints thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
this forum runs on posts of members it is not good to ignore members demand, remember customer is king in this new world.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
this forum runs on posts of members it is not good to ignore members demand, remember customer is king in this new world.

You are right.

It is always our endeavour to make this better so that the King becomes an Emperor! :)

Try it out some some days, maybe a month, note down the issues and send a PM with the details; and I am sure it will not only be looked into, but will make the interoperability smoother and better.

SpArK

SORCERER
This DDoS (Door-darshan Operating system) comes through SB?:shocked:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I am really disappointed in all of you. I thought you'd be more understanding of our situation. Even if you are saying things in jest, you have hurt me personally.

You all are well aware that

1. DFI is not democratic. It possibly cannot be.

2. DFI isn't a platform for free speech. We are legally obligated to restrict certain kinds of speech for eg and as forum staff we try to curb down on rudeness and insults.

3. DFI isn't a profit making machine. You are intimately aware of a particular episode.

==

Now many of you are technically unaware of the issues with shoutbox or chatbox.

We have done all that we could to accommodate the chatbox/shoutbox so that it doesn't stress our server and so that it doesn't affect the purpose and quality of this forum.

We were able to reach what we believed was a win/win solution in having a separate chatbox.

However, due to the current DDos, our server gets extremely stressed, and by running shoutbox/chatbox is slows the whole site down.
We cannot run the forums and shoutbox together. And we have chosen to run the forums.

So till we don't find an acceptable solution, where by we can run both, the Shoutbox/Chatbox will not be available.

If anyone of you wishes to lend their services or air their views regarding this please send me a pm or mail me at If they want they can pm me or mail me their cellphone numbers and I shall call them up to explain as well.

===

DFI was started as a "pro-India" platform for passionate individuals to air their views irrespective of their religion, caste, knowlege, age etc.

Over the years we have suffered many a setbacks, and have always come out victorious due to the combined efforts of staff and members.

I appeal to you to leave aside your egos aside for a minute, and let your sense of community and patriotism shine through.

==

No further discussion on this topic will be entertained publicly. Thank you very much

===

PS: Please read this post too. http://defenceforumindia.com/member...ld-we-have-normal-shout-box-5.html#post412807

Last edited:

pmaitra

Continuing from the above problem, its not only that file attachment is not working, now all the files I had attached earlier that I checked are not working. Something is going wrong. I have restored a few pictures with content from an independent image hosting service.

This could be a result of DDOS, but I would hope the pictures uploaded to DFI are not lost forever.

Raj30

Re: Right wing extremism.

Offtopic
I cant post message or reply in my thread "black sheep of Indian journalist"
what may be the problem?

kayal

Tihar Jail
Banned
I have 2 problems. Admin look into it

1. I am unable to create a custom avatar. The option to upload and create a custom avatar is not there. PLEASE ENABLE IT.

2. I am unable to edit my own posts (just after the post). PLEASE ENABLE IT.

pmaitra

Re: I have 2 problems. Admin look into it

1. I am unable to create a custom avatar. The option to upload and create a custom avatar is not there. PLEASE ENABLE IT.
You did upload the custom avatar with a yellow man on a blue/black background, didn't you? I can see it.

Regarding the other problem, let LB respond.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
2. You cannot edit your post after certain time. If you want to change your post, report the post, or send a pm to one of the staff members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles