Forum complaints thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advaita

THIS IS A LIE! I have complained that obviously neither Indian laws nor the rules of this forum respect freedom of speech. This does not mean that I express any disrespect to India as a nation or Indians as individuals. And please show me where I mentioned anything about races!
Right to speach includes right not to speak. Does it includes right to speak non-sense. European countries allow that any time. Indians usually allow that only during work breaks and when useless banter is an intention.

If you have a point to make, make it. What is the point of desiring freedom when you dont even know why it is important.

Bring on a point pls.

advaita

In Sweden it is up to the people to decide. That is democracy. Does this mean we cannot discuss the Kashmir issue in this forum, just because it is formally a part of India?
Boy you westners really are just too far from eastners.

Is democracy worth having only because it is some kind of award. Why this desire for awards. We Indians are made to believe by our media, by our intelligencia that it is important because it helps manage peoples aspirations better and helps to keep the rot at bay.

yuebaili

Suggesting that India's boundaries be rearranged is not very respectful!
I know that many Chinese citizens - especially Uighurs and Tibetans - would like Chinas borders to be rearranged. I do not know about Indians. I was merely asking a question. What is wrong with that?

yuebaili

Boy you westners really are just too far from eastners.

Is democracy worth having only because it is some kind of award. Why this desire for awards. We Indians are made to believe by our media, by our intelligencia that it is important because it helps manage peoples aspirations better and helps to keep the rot at bay.
I don´t understand what you mean with "award". And with all respect, when you say "We Indians are made to believe by our media, by our intelligencia ....", it sounds to me like brainwashing. I suppose this is not what you mean to say. At least I hope that critical independent thinking is encouraged in India too,like in most democratic countries.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I know that many Chinese citizens - especially Uighurs and Tibetans - would like Chinas borders to be rearranged. I do not know about Indians. I was merely asking a question. What is wrong with that?
There is nothing wrong with your question, only that it enrages many of the patriotic Indians. If you have asked this in any other non-indian forum, there would have been absolutely no problem but you have asked/suggested on an Indian forum "why not divide india based on language", which any self-respecting citizen of India would object to and that is exactly what has happened.

It is time to move on, there is no point in clinging to this aspect anymore. You are more than welcome to discuss on any broader issues concerning India or world.

pyromaniac

Founding Member
Why are you afraid of such questions? Is the risk of disintegration considered to be a reality in India? Similar to Pakistan and China ? Or is that a state secret, so we are supposed not to ask?
Common sense yuebaili..no one in their right mind would willingly entertain the idea of disintegration of their country. I would suggest that phrase your questions a little more tactfully.

yuebaili

Hi pyromaniac,
Maybe I am too fond of being provocative. But I find discussions so much more interesting if they are a bit hot. Someone told me this makes me a typical Swede. Maybe it is also typical swedish not to become upset if someone suggests disintergration of our country. Or maybe it is that such an idea seems just too absurd for us to take it seriously. Sweden is simply the part of the world where everybody can speek swedish. Very easy to define. Besides I think the size of Sweden as a country is rather optimal. I think USA is too big. So I am very happy to hear that there are people in California who suggest that California should break away from USA. I hope California could become a bilingual independent state where everyone have to learn Spanish. Because I hate the hegemony of English. I hope this will make you upset. But maybe you are not an English speaking American so you don´t care.

advaita

Common sense yuebaili..no one in their right mind would willingly entertain the idea of disintegration of their country. I would suggest that phrase your questions a little more tactfully.
Naah

Yeu didnt get the right sort of cook to marinate him.

By the time i reached him the thread was not hot enough.

BTW Yue are you a Chinese or Swede or a Chimera.

advaita

I don´t understand what you mean with "award".
See democracy is important because it helps manage/chanalise the aspiration of people better. Democracy in itself is only a lesser evil form of government then dictatorship (do keep in mind democracy is not an insurance against incompetence). Its just that you desi guys (ok chinese desi) go to some foreign land, see some legs (figuratively speeking) and go kaputs.

And with all respect, when you say "We Indians are made to believe by our media, by our intelligencia ....", it sounds to me like brainwashing. I suppose this is not what you mean to say. At least I hope that critical independent thinking is encouraged in India too,like in most democratic countries.
Are you suggesting our media is not intelligent and our intelligencia is govt of India.

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
If i enter an incorrect password it says i have to wait for 15 mins before trying again.
It's really irritating i was wondering if it can be reduced?

Thanks

A.V.

i.44 you get 5 chances to correct your password,
the 15 minutes is a default vb time set due to security reasons

also if you are using your pc at home trying clicking on the remember me button that will help you wont need to log in daily,
we will try to reduce the time if possible

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
The sent items in the private messages shows '0 messages'.
Can this be fixed ?
Its quite inconvenient when one needs to refer to prev. sent messages in a new conversation.

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
The sent items in the private messages shows '0 messages'.
Can this be fixed ?
Its quite inconvenient when one needs to refer to prev. sent messages in a new conversation.
You could have forgot/missed to check the check box to save your messages in sent items folder.

Check the attachment for more understanding.

A M J

This is not a complaint, but just a question.

Lately I have been noticing many new banned members every day. Any specific reason for that? Trolls or Fake Ids?

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
This is not a complaint, but just a question.

Lately I have been noticing many new banned members every day. Any specific reason for that? Trolls or Fake Ids?
1. initially we were easy on trolls but now people getting into useless rhetoric, be they be of any nationality have been asked to rectify their way of posting and if the same has not been followed after repeated requests and subsequent warnings they have been banned.

2. there have been instances of multiple ids.

3. there is also a spurt in the number of spammers off late.

sky

late last night i looking at shout box and found some of the discussions to be quite lewd.its not for me to say what should and should not be discussed.but as shout box is on the front page of dfi i feel anyone new looking would get the wrong idea about dfi.members i feel should act in a way that does not tarnish the reputaion of dfi.

A.V.

sky report to the mods via pm if you find such instances we will take adequate action

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
late last night i looking at shout box and found some of the discussions to be quite lewd.its not for me to say what should and should not be discussed.but as shout box is on the front page of dfi i feel anyone new looking would get the wrong idea about dfi.members i feel should act in a way that does not tarnish the reputaion of dfi.
All the forum rules apply on the shoutbox. Unfornutately its not a permanent post kind that the mods can have a look at. If there is any such violation of forum rules on shoutbox, members are requested to bring it to the notice of the mods via pm, if you can copy paste the conversation as well it would help. We at DFI DO NOT entertain any non sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles