Former President of Maldives Nasheed takes refuge in Indian Mission

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Re: Former President of Maldives Nasheed takes refuge in Indian Missio

Chinese have nothing do with the Indian ocean, stay in south china sea and bother about your own work......

amoy

Chinese have nothing do with the Indian ocean, stay in south china sea and bother about your own work......
It concerns China so long as it stays on the sealane to oil. Also bear in mind over 20 lakh tourists per yr to Maldives.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Novice

Amoy is not Chinese. Someone do a trace on him. Saying that based on his last post. Read carefully. :)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

He is a Chinese from America.

His posts should be what should matter and not him, if I may say so.

Novice

Didn't real mean to offend you BGDR. I was merely observing the usage of word "Lakh". Not used either in US or China if I may add.

vishnugvarrier

It will be India's biggest foreign policy blunder if India ditches Nasheed and hands him over to the Nutjobs. India should stay out and act with some balls. Tell the Maldives govt clearly and in no uncertain terms that Nasheed is under Indian protection. India will become a laughing stock if it hands over this person to th nuts.
i do agree... to my best knowladge he is the only guy in maldevies who supports india....and its well known how our big time neighbour China is influencing smaller bees around us....its high time we plunge into some kinda action ....its now or never

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag

It concerns China so long as it stays on the sealane to oil. Also bear in mind over 20 lakh tourists per yr to Maldives.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2
Then you should not be bothered if India is venturing in south china sea with Vietnam as a partner in locating OIL wells......

vishnugvarrier

Then you should not be bothered if India is venturing in south china sea with Vietnam as a partner in locating OIL wells......
tat is an entirely diff story...china's long term strategy is as clear as daylight...adding more pearls to the so called string f pearls..

they do not have any kinda business strategy nor they want to bulid up any trade links...they are pouring in money to these countries as u can c in case of sri lanka-- helpin them out build a port for which in return they half a navy base there...

videsh had signed deal with tem for extraction long ago i guess and is purely trade related

t_co

Re: Fromer President of Maldives Nasheed takes refuge in Indian Missio

If whole of SCS is considered Chinese why not Indian ocean??
Since when did I state the whole of SCS is considered Chinese? I'm simply stating that if India expects to be left alone in the Maldives, then India shouldn't make a peep when China does the same thing to its neighbors.

Of course, India already has started interfering in the SCS/Vietnam/ONGC debacle. Maybe China should send a destroyer or two to the Maldives for a 'port visit'.

Quid pro quo, my dear. India backs down, we back down.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Re: Fromer President of Maldives Nasheed takes refuge in Indian Missio

Since when did I state the whole of SCS is considered Chinese? I'm simply stating that if India expects to be left alone in the Maldives, then India shouldn't make a peep when China does the same thing to its neighbors.

Of course, India already has started interfering in the SCS/Vietnam/ONGC debacle. Maybe China should send a destroyer or two to the Maldives for a 'port visit'.

Quid pro quo, my dear. India backs down, we back down.
Mate I am stating the official stand of China on SCS (no offence).

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned

Maldivians are such pricks, Sometimes I really wonder where has the indic civilization gone wrong?? Even those completely influenced by us have an arrogant attitude toward us. Example are southeast asians. Can you imagine a thai loser being racist to Indians? indians are treated as garbage in thailand. Could our ancestors have swallowed such a bizarre notion?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

The Maldive Foreign Minister is flexing his muscles, while the President is playing it double talk.

And India is walking around impotent and in a dream world!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Maldivians are such pricks, Sometimes I really wonder where has the indic civilization gone wrong?? Even those completely influenced by us have an arrogant attitude toward us. Example are southeast asians. Can you imagine a thai loser being racist to Indians? indians are treated as garbage in thailand. Could our ancestors have swallowed such a bizarre notion?
Thais may have that attitude coz Indians are bad tourists I think.

On a trio back home from Bangkok, a guy on the flight got drunk and started calling names to their King and was very racist with the air hostess. I know its something that can be called one off bad boy but generally Indians have made a bad reputation as tourists and that probably forms an opinion against us in such countries.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

The Maldive Foreign Minister is flexing his muscles, while the President is playing it double talk.

And India is walking around impotent and in a dream world!
I think India is sitting pretty right now with Nausheed under Indian protection. India is just bidding time and waiting for the Maldives to make a mistake. I would love the Malidives to storm our High Commission. Will be fun after that. I think that is something India is waiting for.

Novice

I still question the audaciousness of Indian government to act in such case. As seen in almost all such comparable incidents, What almost inevitably transpires is a tone down and promotion of bilateral talks and pacifism. Be it Bangladeshi border forces killing our BSF Jawans, Sri Lankan navy apprehending and torturing Indian fiherman or ISI bombing Indian embassy.

amoy

I still question the audaciousness of Indian government to act in such case. As seen in almost all such comparable incidents, What almost inevitably transpires is a tone down and promotion of bilateral talks and pacifism. Be it Bangladeshi border forces killing our BSF Jawans, Sri Lankan navy apprehending and torturing Indian fiherman or ISI bombing Indian embassy.
Very frustrating isn't it? India shall resume its gunboat diplomacy like I advised Man Mohan Sing long time back to make a Grenada out of Maldives, and to reinstate democracy there. It's India who shall take the burden as the world's largest democracy to prevent Islamist radicals from ruling the roast.

In inertia India will lose ground again like in SL, BD, and PK.

Now Indian Ocean is beckoning a stronger leadership like USS Russell Arrives in Gan, Maldives
"We are honored to be here in Gan," said Cmdr. Joseph Carrigan, Russell's commanding officer. "The U.S. and the Maldives share a common interest in promoting peace and stability in the Asia-Pacific region. My crew and I look forward to this experience and fostering a growing relationship with our Maldivian counterparts."

mikhail

Country flag

Very frustrating isn't it? India shall resume its gunboat diplomacy like I advised Man Mohan Sing long time back to make a Grenada out of Maldives, and to reinstate democracy there. It's India who shall take the burden as the world's largest democracy to prevent Islamist radicals from ruling the roast.

In inertia India will lose ground again like in SL, BD, and PK.

Now Indian Ocean is beckoning a stronger leadership like USS Russell Arrives in Gan, Maldives
it doesn't matter what SL,Bd or Pak thinks about us,we simply don't care about them as we are the largest economic and military powerhouse in the South Eastern Asian region and we want to keep things like that in the future as well.if Maldives tries to act too cute we'll simply maul her down with our military and no one and i repeat no one on this planet can do a thing about that!just like you guys think that you have the right to dominate the South China sea region we also have the right to dominate the IOR and we'll continue to dominate this region even if we have to wage a war for this purpose.and frankly speaking no one other than the U.S. is powerful enough to challenge us in the IOR presently and in the near future:ranger:.Period!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I think India is sitting pretty right now with Nausheed under Indian protection. India is just bidding time and waiting for the Maldives to make a mistake. I would love the Malidives to storm our High Commission. Will be fun after that. I think that is something India is waiting for.
Sitting and waiting is suicidal.

India should nudge the western nations about Free elections, democracy and all that.

and shake them up with the fear of fundamentalism at the doorstep of Diego Gracia!

nrupatunga

Rediff: Former Maldives president Mohammed Nasheed has been arrested in Male

t_co

Rediff: Former Maldives president Mohammed Nasheed has been arrested in Male
:lol: where is @Ray now?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles