Former Kosovo rebel describes removing prisoner's heart for black market sale

pmaitra

Former Kosovo rebel describes removing prisoner's heart for black market sale

A former Kosovo rebel witness described in an interview how he removed a prisoner's heart for the black market in organs during the 1990s Kosovo conflict, Serbian RTS state television reported.
[HR][/HR]
The interview was broadcast on Monday a day after Serbia's war crimes prosecutor Vladimir Vukcevic told AFP his office had a witness who "testified about a medical procedure, done in northern Albania, that consisted of harvesting organs from Serbs kidnapped during the 1998-99 conflict in Kosovo".

"They gave me a scalpel. I put my left hand on his chest and began cutting. When I got near the bottom (of the ribs), the blood started pouring," the witness, whose face was not shown and whose voice was distorted, told RTS.

"As soon as I started cutting, he began screaming not to kill him and then he lost consciousness. I don't know if he fainted or died," he said, apparently speaking in Albanian with his words subtitled in Serbian.
[HR][/HR]
The report said that organs were taken from the bodies of prisoners, many of them Serbs, held by the KLA in Albania at the time.

Thaci as well as Albania have denied the accusations and condemned Marty's report, as well as Sunday's revealing of the witness and his claims.
Source: Former Kosovo rebel describes removing prisoner's heart for black market sale - Telegraph

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles