Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I cooked Dal, rice & eggs..

Chicken from outside..

From now i will try to post my everyday food here.... :D

Oracle

I cooked some airg fish today with soirsho(seeds paste) and soirsho leaves. :D

Pintu

Kakori Kabab ( Video Courtesy : Mid Day)

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
pizzas i cooked not so long back. all home cooked, the base (thin crust), the sauce (a recipe i seem to have lost somewhere now), and the topping consisted of chicken, mushrooms, onions and cheese.

Oracle

/\/\/\ Share the recipe man and the process how you cooked them. Sauce too? Great!

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Dough:

In a glass- Some luke warm water + add 1-2tbs of yeast (active)+1tbs honey – let this ferment for 10odd mins
For dough – equal proportions of atta and maida (though to make it healthy you can use full proportions of atta, and if you don't want it that ways, can use full proportions of maida)+2-3tbs olive oil+ some salt + the fermented mix, and in the process you need more water add accordingly.
Now kneed it to a consistency where when u press it a hole appears and slowly the same place starts filling up and disappears after awhile.
Let this rest for 1-2hours in a dish and wrap it with a moist cloth or with a plastic wrapper with holes on top.
After 1-2 hours take out the dough which now would have grown in size if not more but close to 4times the initial size, kneed it slightly again so that the air inside gets removed.
The dough is done, and this same exact dough is used to cook breads and if you want to prepare brown bread (flour bread) then only flour is used, and then this is put in a bread baking dish for same 15odd mins at around 180-230*C in oven.

While placing the dough on the baking dish/tray, spread it to the consistency you want it to (thick or thin) and then for 30odd seconds cook the base on gas once spread on the tray so that the lower part heats up and there is even cooking and the underneath part doesn't remain uncooked.

Sauce:

Have forgotten it as well but little I recall:

Tomatoes 2pcs(skin peeled off)for which initially you first put some cuts on the skin, then boil them and later place in cold water and then the skin easily peels off+1onion+some fresh mint leaves (something else as well? Forgotten but I guess yes something as well was added at this point in time) = grind them in a mixer and put this mix to cook on low flame+a little olive oil+little butter
Take 1tbs aregano+1/4thtbs saunf+1/4th tbs ajvan+ 4-6pods of black pepper + garlic powder if you have+ little tomato ketchup and a lot more herbs which I have forgotten now but the ones you find in your kitchen, and grind them to a powdery form and add this to the above mix and to this add some salt if required since cheese contains a lot of salt and some has already been added to the dough. (if you want a pungent flavor to the sauce, you could add some mustard as well)
Grate some cheese and add to the mix.
Ideally u should let this mix cook for max 5-10mins but I let it cook for 20-25mins and it came out well.

Mind you the real trick to a good pizza is always the sauce. I picked the sauce from youtube and not able to find that specific vid now, the moment I do, will add here, though there are many pizza sauces listed on youtube, but those are nothing to the one I picked up, so let me dig it out and post here.

ok found one, though not the exact one but this chap here did a fair enough job as well:

Once done, spead the dough on the baking tray as per your liking (thin/thick) and if you want a cheese layered base then after the first layer of dough add cheese and then a very thin layer of dough over it. To this add a good helping of the sauce, and then do the topping.

Topping

toppings can be made of anything that suites your taste buds

I had initially sautéed the chicken separately and opinion and mushrooms separately and before starting placed them on a separate plate, and then add cheese as much you wish to add.

Cooking Time:

10-15odd mins at 400-450*F/180-230*C

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles