Food comsumption data according to FAO, the United Nations

Status
Not open for further replies.

G90

Food comsumption data according to FAO, United Nations (consumption per year per captia),using the latest complete data (2003):

Data sourced from Food and Agriculture organization, the United Nations: FAOSTAT

Grains (kg): China: 157, India: 158, Africa (mean): 146, Japan: 115, Korea: 145, Developed Countries (mean): 131, Developing countries: 156

Vegetables (kg): China: 270, India: 68, Africa (mean): 54, Japan: 104, Korea: 211, Developed countries(mean):115, developing countries (mean): 118

Meat (kg): China: 54, India: 5, Africa (mean): 14, Japan: 43, Korea: 50, developed countries(mean):80, developing countries(mean):28

Eggs (kg): China: 18, India: 1, Africa (mean): 2, Japan: 19, Korea: 10, developed countries (mean): 12, developing countries (mean): 7

Fish (kg): China: 35, India: 6, Africa (mean): 9, Japan: 71, Korea: 58, developed countries (mean): 25, developing countreis (mean): 18

Milk (kg): China: 30, India: 108, Africa (mean): 65, Japan: 108, Korea: 38, developed countries (mean): 294, developing countreis (mean): 81

Fruits (kg): China: 49, India: 37, Africa (mean): 52, Japan: 54, Korea: 63, developed countries (mean): 86, developing countries (mean): 55

Daily food,overall:

Daily Heat (kCAL): China: 2940, India: 2472, Africa (mean): 2436, Japan: 2767, Korea: 3035, developed countries (mean): 3331, developing countries(mean): 2668

Daily Protein(g): China: 81, India: 58, Africa(mean):61, Japan:91, Korea:89, developed countries(mean):101, developing countries(mean): 68

Daily Fat(g): China: 96, India: 53, Africa(mean):49, Japan:86, Korea:83, developed countries(mean):122, developing countries(mean): 68

So in summary, by 2003 (the latest complete set of data aviailable at FAO,United Nations):

1, The food consumption of China, per captia wise, is comparable to developed East Asia economies like Japan, and semi-developed East Asia economies like South Korea.

2, The food consupmption of India, per captia speaking, is comparable to the mean of African states.

So there is no surprise when UN report show that Indian have the largest group of starving population in the world.

And unlike wealth, which the mean value of the total wealth of a state can carry little weight without considering the wealth disrubtion, the mean value of the food consumption can tell you a lot of more about the average joe's daily food consumptions:

Since Bill Gates can earn 1 million times more than a average joe, but he definitely cannot and will not eat 1 million times more meat comparing to an average joe.

G90

So I think it is very silly to compare China with India, they are simply not in the same league.

Actually in terms of industrial-output, retail sales or domestic consumptions, per-captia-wise, the gap between China and America is actually alot of smaller than the gap between India and China.

And coupling with the fact that China have about 4X the population comparing to the USA, with a 10X faster growth rate whilst India has about the same population comparing to China, whilst grow even slower.

So no wonder most Chinese take India much less serious than the Americans take China.

Last edited:

Tolaha

So I think it is very silly to compare China with India, they are simply not in the same league.

So no wonder most Chinese take India much less serious than the Americans take China.
But not less enough for you to start a thread on it! :shocked:

Get cured soon!

J20!

Country flag
Nice thread bro, informative, but all you'll get from the Indians is scorn and insults. They give it out in abundance, but they dont take critism very well.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
So, India eats more grains than Chinese. Much more milk than Chinese.

China eats less fruits than Africa.

So, what do we conclude from this?!!

I am a vegetarian, as are dozens of millions of Indians. I don't eat meat or fish, and eat eggs very rarely. But I have grains, vegetables and fruits everyday. So if I am taken as an example, some silly Chinese will probably jump and point at the low meat/fish intake and scream about how superior China is. :crazy:

So much for these silly statistics.

J20!

Country flag
So, India eats more grains than Chinese. Much more milk than Chinese.

China eats less fruits than Africa.

So, what do we conclude from this?!!

I am a vegetarian, as are dozens of millions of Indians. I don't eat meat or fish, and eat eggs very rarely. But I have grains, vegetables and fruits everyday. So if I am taken as an example, some silly Chinese will probably jump and point at the low meat/fish intake and scream about how superior China is. :crazy:

So much for these silly statistics.
*scoffs* So Indians are all vegetarians yet they eat a quater of the veggies eaten in China? Dont make excuses... Yeah, I'm sure milk makes up for the Protein defeciency.
PS. A trade mark of countries that are under-fed is a dependence on grain, simply because they cant afford anything else.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
*scoffs* So Indians are all vegetarians yet they eat a quater of the veggies eaten in China? Dont make excuses... Yeah, I'm sure milk makes up for the Protein defeciency.
There is certainly a long distance India needs to cover. The problem is that many poor people eat grains with pickle or other stuff, instead of solid veggies.

But it is insane to compare things like fish, meat, milk etc. across the two nations. The cuisines are just too vastly different.

G90

But not less enough for you to start a thread on it! :shocked:

Get cured soon!
Because I get annoyed by people who keep saying those two are of the same level, or there is any contents between the two.

Last edited:

G90

then why u r starting a thread to compare??
Because a mother of comparison, which shows there is little points to compare the two other than show they two belong to different leagues, may finally put an end to all other comparisons of the two.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
So much meat and still most of them are midgets...Explains a lot.

kickok1975

Don't start such thread anymore. It accomplishes nothing. China has its strength and weakness, so does India. But both countries according to world standard are still poor and backward. A competition of who is wealthier between two very poor guys is pathetic and laughable. Instead of insulting, jealous of each other, we should aim higher for a better target.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
India: male 20+

Mean height: 164.5cm urban

China: male 17
Mean height: 170.2cm urban

HongKong: male aged 18
Mean height: 171.7cm

Source: Human height - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A 164.5 cm-tall 20 year old called a 171 cm tall 17 year old "midgets", can you sense the irony?
:lol: I know the insecure Chinese in you is gonna bring out Hong Kong stats.....
You guys are predictable.

Are Hong Kong statistics compatible with the rest of China?

G90

Don't start such thread anymore. It accomplishes nothing. China has its strength and weakness, so does India. But both countries according to world standard are still poor and backward. A competition of who is wealthier between two very poor guys is pathetic and laughable. Instead of insulting, jealous of each other, we should aim higher for a better target.
We shouldn't, and I can only sense jealous on the indian side and their un-understandable obesses with China and Chinese.

Thats why I even bother to be here.

As for the average Chinese, actually In China people seldom mention indians, and when they are talking about india or indians, usually it is come with a joke or a ridiculus news. Anyone who understand basic Chinese can pay a visit to these most popular Chinese BBS like tieba.baidu or Tianya to verify my comments.

You don't need to hide and act as a polite guy, it is pointless, I could careless about this double-face playing, especailly it is internet.

Anyway I found some of the Chinese commentors here are extremely patient to these delusional indians, I just don't get that, hehehe

G90

:lol: I know the insecure Chinese in you is gonna bring out Hong Kong stats.....
You guys are predictable.

Are Hong Kong statistics compatible with the rest of China?
And I have brought mainland Chinese stats just right above the Hong Kong data, and I provided the source of the data as well.

Please just look again, swallow your inferiority complex and get lost.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
As for the average Chinese, actually In China people seldom mention indians, and when they are talking about india or indians, usually it is come with a joke or a ridiculus news. Anyone who understand basic Chinese can pay a visit to these most popular Chinese BBS like tieba.baidu or Tianya to verify my comments.
Who cares what little Chibots do?

Anyway I found some of the Chinese commentors here are extremely patient to these delusional indians, I just don't get that, hehehe

The baby wasn't cooked well today? :(

G90

Who cares what little Chibots do?

The baby wasn't cooked well today? :(
Apparently you midget indians cares very much, which is why you built MOUNTAINS of MOUTAINS thread on China and Chinese but not vis-via.

Truth hurts, but just get used to it.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Apparently you midget indians cares very much, which is why you built MOUNTAINS of MOUTAINS thread on China and Chinese but not vis-via.

Truth hurts, but just get used to it.
I'd rather be a midget than cannibalize on infants.

Oh, btw the rural Chinese(600 million odd) are just .03 m taller than veggie chomping rural Indians!!!
No wonder you omitted the data.

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
This is a defense forum.
Evil Hans= Threat...so.

Caused a few heart burns apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles