FM seeks support to boost reforms

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Finance minister Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday reached out to the Opposition, seeking cooperation to carry forward the reforms process.

http://toi.in/ZJEltb

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
It is really long overdue. We need the next set of reforms to keep the India story going. Tax reforms and getting investment in key sectors is the key. We cannot afford to sit back and relax. Parliament has to function and get going on the reforms process.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Seriously!!! The UPA govt. has woke up for reforms after 7 precious years and then ask help from opposition. I think BJP was all for economic reforms which it carried efficiently during NDA period and then all reforms abruptly stopped by the great finance wizard MMS himself. What a shame.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
please for who so ever's sake, bjp, please please support the congress on this.

i am terrified reading rahul's comments, god forbid! congress was to come back again and rahul was to be the PM, that would be the biggest catastrophe, and before that happens, just help give some sensible direction to this country.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
d u really think reforms are going to be initiated naaaaaaa. with diggy and rahul just forget it. most would toe rahul line. most confgrees prefer old days of licence raj where everyday one use to beg them for phone/lgp etc etc.......

we cant trust bjp even if they came to power because once they have burnt their hand so they are not going to initiate reforms. reforms would be initiate only when india is again in danger of defaulting which i donot see it happening in long feature.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
i have no idea anoop, but i am starting to get very concerned. UPA has already wasted 7 years, and now we have reached a point where even a 8% growth will become a "cause of celebration" as per the finance minister, i suspect they are already thinking 7.5% or less, world bank has already said india is headed to slower growth rate figures between 7-8%.

yes even bjp might go in the shell but they might not end up as badly as UPA, they might just do a touch better, but thats not the point, more important is these 3years are salvaged, if no, then it will be 10-15years straight.

Adux

Country flag
please for who so ever's sake, bjp, please please support the congress on this.

i am terrified reading rahul's comments, god forbid! congress was to come back again and rahul was to be the PM, that would be the biggest catastrophe, and before that happens, just help give some sensible direction to this country.
Congress has to go next time around. BJP has to support reforms though, Rahul scares the jeebjesus out of me

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles