First trip to India

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
@Senior_Miguel I am travelling at the moment, how long are you in Delhi for ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you doing campaigning? There is a news of a "Phat Cat" seen in many election rallies. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Are you doing campaigning? There is a news of a "Phat Cat" seen in many election rallies. :lol:
Rock paji,

Suhel seth and aj did campaigning at night in Asr. With leg te peg.

You are a veggie but do you drink ?

trackwhack

The founder of WAB "Ironduke" came to bangalore and thought tap water was good to drink. He suffered for some time. Nothing wrong in advicing to drink bottled water. Away from home I myself don't drink any water in any hotel or anywhere apart from bottled water after drinking some in Mumbai a few years ago which led to severe diarrhea. Over cautious may be but its better safe than sorry for me.

Rest all good what you said. Enjoy the country.
If you think people in the West drink tap water, you are ignorant and I cannot help you. Very precious advice indeed.:thumb:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Rock paji,

Suhel seth and aj did campaigning at night in Asr. With leg te peg.

You are a veggie but do you drink ?

Who said I am a veggi? I like smelling the tandoori chicken and fish pakodas :lol:

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Hmm ..Definitely not the time to visit Delhi. It's bloody hot even for me who has spend his whole life here :hot:.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
To be honest, we drink tap water in EU as well
Yea but don't even think about drinking tap water in India. Drinking tap water there amounts to ruining your entire trip almost certainly. Bottled water is available everywhere and is reasonably cheap so do that.

Senior_Miguel

So why there's even sth like tap water in India? Who drinks it? I don't want to be ignorant of course.

Yea but don't even think about drinking tap water in India. Drinking tap water there amounts to ruining your entire trip almost certainly. Bottled water is available everywhere and is reasonably cheap so do that.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
To be honest, we drink tap water in EU as well
So why there's even sth like tap water in India? Who drinks it? I don't want to be ignorant of course.
Actually the tap water here is also not bad. Basically it depends on area and person as well.

For a foreigner the water here can give you "Delhi Belly" easily and its better to use bottled water.The last thing a foreigner want is spending whole day in toilet and bed and paying big fees to quacks which are many in Paharganj area since its a famous place for budget travelers. The locals would be able to withstand the tap water but not foreigner.

Almost all homes have tap water specially in cities.In some places the locals can easily drink tap water at home and in some places they use RO/Filter. In some places the salt level is really high so in longer terms this can be dangerous and result in kidney stone etc problems.

In some places the salt concentration reading is like 700-1000 which is dangerous in long term whereas the mineral/filter water has around 50-60 only.

Last edited:

Senior_Miguel

Ok, I get it ;-) and what about beers? Do you have some special ones, which I can get just in India and you recomend?

Actually the tap water here is also not bad. Basically it depends on area and person as well.

For a foreigner the water here can give you "Delhi Belly" easily and its better to use bottled water.

In some places the locals can easily drink tap water at home and in some places they use RO/Filter. In some places the salt level is really high so in longer terms this can be dangerous and result in kidney stone etc problems.

EXPERT

hey Miguel,
Btw, if you have any plans to come to Pune, than notify me .
it will be fun to hangout here in night . Pubs & Parties are just awesome , somewhat hot in day but cool at night .

great to have you here, and don't forget to share the experience . . . .

Senior_Miguel

@EXPERT How big are the costs of traveling to other states within India? I don't have any particular plans in Delhi, so I could find time to see other parts of the country as well. All I need, is someone living there :) Best!

hey Miguel,
Btw, if you have any plans to come to Pune, than notify me .
it will be fun to hangout here in night . Pubs & Parties are just awesome , somewhat hot in day but cool at night .

great to have you here, and don't forget to share the experience . . . .

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@EXPERT How big are the costs of traveling to other states within India? I don't have any particular plans in Delhi, so I could find time to see other parts of the country as well. All I need, is someone living there :) Best!
I believe there are websites that indicate Indians who are ready to have foreigners as guest on a nominal payment.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Dear Friends!

My name is Michal. I'm a Polish military journalist and an strategic analyst cooperating with several Polish think tanks. My field of study covers Indian military build-up and India's strategic rivalry with Pak and PRC on the Indian Ocean. In a couple of days I'm going to India (as part of my leave). This is my first visit to this country (I will reside in New Delhi), so I thought that it would be great, if any of you who live there would like to meet and get a beer or coffee.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Jai Hind!

Michal
My Dear Polish Friend Michal,

Jai Hind...

Welcome to the modern and ancient land of humanity....

Both the phenomenon run here together... may not in Delhi.

Beer or Coffee is passé in India.... any one wishing to meet you will have to spend a fortune for that... so beer or coffee is no incentive...

Love, friendship. goodwill, magnanimity and humanity is a big incentive and a big cause with any Indian .. I am sure you will find it in the course of your visit..

Be nice, friendly and simple ... those are virtues that will sail you through in India...

Pick pockets, buglers, muggers, looters, cheats have reached Mars and the Moon what to talk of the Earth and India.. so one has to take care of them...

Do things yourself and do not largely depend on touts and agents... ask people rather than agents..

All the very best.... I am sure you shall enjoy your visit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles