First Pic of INS Arihant

Bheeshma

Yup the photo released in 2009 was definitely Photoshopped. The hump had been edited out.

pmaitra

I think it's still there in the old pic, but not apparent due to camera angle.
The camera angle in the older picture should enhance, and not diminish the hump.

Those do not look like the same submarine.

Eastman

Country flag
But the above model is one of the concept model of Borei :truestory: plus note the courtesy our ex-PM MMS gave to the Russians for their help :truestory::truestory:

Eastman

Country flag
Building a nuke submarine from scratch for a nation who didnt even have a record to design her own conventional design is debatable :truestory:

Bheeshma

But not impossible .Especially if you have reliable consultants. Again who said nuke sub is more difficult than a compact DE sub like scorpene? Nuke subs due to their size and power operate in vast oceans and generally noisier than the most modern DE subs.

Eastman

Country flag
My point is India have no expertise in producing her own submarine, plus it is generally not a healthy practise to mate a prototype reactor in a prototype vehicle :truestory:

pmaitra

My point is India have no expertise in producing her own submarine, plus it is generally not a healthy practise to mate a prototype reactor in a prototype vehicle :truestory:
We had Russian advisers for the project. This is known on the record, and official.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
If that was the mind set of our designers and Navy officers, There would not be any arihant ..

There is an article posted back, published on livefist that the sub made several depth test beyond 300ms, Kilo crushing depth is 300ms ..

You must read that article ..

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
I don't think so.

Old pic is taken from 1-o-clock, above the hump plane, so it looks flat, and the front slope looks steeper.

The new pic is taken from 3-o-clock, at level with the hump plane, so hump profile looks more pronounced.

The camera angle in the older picture should enhance, and not diminish the hump.

Those do not look like the same submarine.

Bheeshma

I agree with Pmaitra. The old pic in India today with a man on top of the hull infront of the conning tower seems likes this one. But the one released when manmohan singh launched it looks different. The hump had been air brushed out most likely.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
What makes you think Arihant is our first boomer ;), old timers on this forum would know what i'm taking about:D

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
What makes you think Arihant is our first boomer ;), old timers on this forum would know what i'm taking about:D
I am not a old timer.... so can you elaborate.... or @Kunal Biswas can you shed some light of this statement?

Last edited by a moderator:

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I am not a old timer.... so can you elaborate.... or @Kunal Biswas can you shed some light of this statement?
The thing is that from the early days of project there were numerous hull sections, sets of machinery including numerous reactor core designs ordered and tested on dry land and in wet docks for operation underwater, the establishment in the open media has always claimed that the rest of the equipment was full of failures and that INS Arihant is the final end result of the parts that made the cut, however the fact remains you just do not call your prime minister to inaugurate an untested and unverified product. The grapevine is that there is at least one more" blacker than black" boomer sailing our seas this unnamed submarine is the actual testbed and prototype, INS ARIHANT is the finished product.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
If I understand correctly u r tryin to say we hve another operational nuclear sub in the waters?
can such an info be kept hidden?
If yes great well done IN.....

The thing is that from the early days of project there were numerous hull sections, sets of machinery including numerous reactor core designs ordered and tested on dry land and in wet docks for operation underwater, the establishment in the open media has always claimed that the rest of the equipment was full of failures and that INS Arihant is the final end result of the parts that made the cut, however the fact remains you just do not call your prime minister to inaugurate an untested and unverified product. The grapevine is that there is at least one more" blacker than black" boomer sailing our seas this unnamed submarine is the actual testbed and prototype, INS ARIHANT is the finished product.

Bheeshma

Such things are speculations and cannot be verified. Lets stick to topic.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles