First Pakistan Made helicopter

bharadwaj

We are not making even 40 helicopter in a year.
That was what I read in wiki!If you are right then we'll probably have to wait for some more years before our forces get all their PENDING Dhruv's then we can expect serial production for our LCH's which takes a lot of valuable years! But if HAL can increase its production capacity then we'll see some very happy chopper pilots.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
You made me roll on the floor laughing!BTW when will our production rates increase for the Dhruv currently we are just producing 40 Dhruv's a year!that's pathetic compared to Boeing's annual production rate for the super-bug which is about 50!
Even one Dhruv, I would say is better than the "pants down" Gyro kit claimed to be Helicopter...40 is too huge to be compared:happy_2::happy_2:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
How can this thing fly 17,000 ft?! The pilot would simply require additional stores of oxygen since air is extremely thin at that altitude. Here in Sikkim itself, mountains become difficult at times to climb. And for some reason, the report video in that Pakistani channel doesn't care to explain how a helicopter will "glide down safely" in the event of engine failure. Under basic laws of aerodynamics, one requires high facing winds and steady fixed wings to be able to glide down. Even most advanced helicopters around the world would fall down like a rock in the event of engine failure. This is the drawback of helos.

Then how on earth do these engineers "make it glide down safely"? :special25:

The overalls that the pilot is wearing alongside the wings badge indicates that he is from some division of security forces. The gyrocopter is a lot different from a common helicopter in actual sense of technology and though it might be an achievement of a certain degree (just as any work is), certainly not the level of hype that media has created. Had some college student done this, it would be impressive but not a company that claims to put it to military use.

Pandora

Country flag
buhahahahahahaha man even i fart ,this so calld helicopter will drifted to arabian sea.

Rahul92

well hype is obivious when things are done for the first time.
and i am sure when they say producing 80 of them it wont be in the same naked mean machine form.
U still think those choppers are superior to us

HAL DHRUV

duhastmish

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
never under estimate your enemy. pakistani dont need a ingeniousness defense mechanism to suffix their needs. What ever steps they have taken without much funding should be applauded.

Although this is no mean machine but its first step and can give confidence boost to some smart arse sitting some where in abyss. to take some serious action to design a better machine.

bharadwaj

never under estimate your enemy. pakistani dont need a ingeniousness defense mechanism to suffix their needs. What ever steps they have taken without much funding should be applauded.

Although this is no mean machine but its first step and can give confidence boost to some smart arse sitting some where in abyss. to take some serious action to design a better machine.
Right.But them loud mouthing everything from LCA,Arjun,Agni to toilets makes us a bit more volatile!No Indian here has any issues with Pakistanis' ingenuity but they have to commit themselves so that they don't puke rubbish all over!Jus my 2 cents...........

warriorextreme

Country flag
lol the pilot was not even wearing full pant..
they claim that they have built jf-17 with little help from chinese and their gyrocopter is just a little better than the one designed by leonardo da vinci

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
sorry if it is a repost:

but I almost fall from chair listening to this, this is the first helicopter in the world which needs a runway, typical pakistaniyat to see:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
sorry if it is a repost:

but I almost fall from chair listening to this, this is the first helicopter in the world which needs a runway, typical pakistaniyat to see:

:emot15::emot15::special1::special1::special1::special1::emot15:

Nothing to say except,

..-0p+= PAKISTAN JINDABAD ..-0p+=

Suryakiran

amitkriit

sorry if it is a repost:

This is not a Helicopter. The machine is called "Autogyro". Technically speaking its closer to a fixed-wing aircraft than a Helicopter. The major difference between Helicopter and Autogyro is that it's rotor is unpowered, lift is actually powered by the forward propulsion.

How Autogyros work

pmaitra

Let us get over out pettiness and meanness and applaud those Pakistanis who have made this helicopter.

Yes, we have issues with their government, military and ISI, but spare these people this indignation.

amitkriit

Let us get over out pettiness and meanness and applaud those Pakistanis who have made this helicopter.

Yes, we have issues with their government, military and ISI, but spare these people this indignation.
Only problem is that they haven't built a Helicopter. Watch this video to know more about this machine:

[video=metacafe;229827/how_the_autogyro_works/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/229827/how_the_autogyro_works/[/video]

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
LOL.. ha ha ha watch out pakis jokeicopter...

I never get tired of watching this clip. This helicopter is about as effective as Pakistan's security apparatus. :laugh:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Anyone who has ever designed any moving machine will know that the engine is not designed/built before the design of the structural frame is almost complete. The reason is that while a skeletal frame powered by an engine might meet all the performance parameters, when you start adding the metal enclosure, windows, armor, weapons etc, the weight of the machine increases substantially, and the engine will have severe problems in meeting the required perf. specs. Also, the performance of any given engine design can only be increased by a limited amount by making optimizations. An engine design providing 1000 hp cannot be modified overnight to produce 2000 hp.

In short, if the Paks ever want to make this mosquito craft operational, they will first have to finalize the airframe and then start working on an engine.

One of the biggest challenges in designing a moving machine, whether a car or a chopper, is finding the right ratio of weight to engine power. Advanced knowledge of materials engineering is needed in order to minimize the weight and optimize the structural integrity and protection of such machines. If the chopper is too heavy, the engine required to power it will be too complex and beyond the engineering knowledge base present in the country. Just look at what's happened with the LCA's engine.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
sorry if it is a repost:

Listen to these fools comparing this hobby junk to REAL helicopters. :laugh:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles