First Pakistan Made helicopter

Vikramaditya

Country flag
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Wednesday successfully conducted flight of its first locally-manufactured two-seater helicopter.
Three engineers from Rawalpindi Mujibur Rehman, Rehan Janjua and Shakir Ayub,designed the helicopter capable of flying at the height of 17,000 feet with a top speed of 190 kph.
Private sector engineers plan to go for serial production of the helicopter. "We plan to develop the helicopter for ambulance and security operations", said Mujibur Rehman Khan, a retired air force officer.
"Traditional helicopters have a stick-to-head, a mechanical system, so when the pilot moves the stick a mechanical system moves the push-pull rods on the rotor system.
"We have a fly-by-wire system, where the control of the pilot goes into the electronics of the aircraft and then ultimately moves the swash plate or the control rod servos. It's like driving a car with a joystick rather than a steering wheel."
The helicopter has been built at the cost of nine million rupees. "We have a plan to build 80 helicopters, which we intend to sell to public sector forces," he added.

http://arabnews.com/world/article216316.ece;jsessionid=B323B946FE297807FE81B614577FA0B2?comment=submitted&postingId=216810

Vikramaditya

Country flag
This type of kits are already available in USA for some thousand dollar,look like they have buys it from there and fooling their country in the name of nation pride..They are telling their people its state of art and with fly by wire tech...LOL pakistani they can do anything to say "INDIA IS NOT AHEAD OF US" Lol

Even in the video you can clearly see it has crash landed and the great paki fake media claiming it has capable of flying at the height of 17,000 feet with a top speed of 190 kph.ha ha ha

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I have not understood as to what is this first helicopter all about.

The video shows a one man show,

If so, how will it be used as an air ambulance?

And can it fly to the heights mentioned?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its a ULTRA LIGHT HELICOPTER:happy_3:

Only Use is in recce and secret ISI operations..
Gud Luck PA!

Parthy

Air Warrior
Its a ULTRA LIGHT HELICOPTER:happy_3:

Only Use is in recce and secret ISI operations..
Gud Luck PA!
May be an extended version of Chinese Toy helicopter... He's not even wearing pants.... :emot15:

Is that the real pic??

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Last edited by a moderator:

IBM

hahahahha toy helicopter. Pak helicopter chalao kache pharao:emot15:

Parthy

Air Warrior

Search on the topic u will find u can buy one for yourself!! :)
I am planing to do so, U don't need license for using Ultra lights..
Actually as per DGCA rule a person is not suppose to drive any flying machine without prior license.. Sometime back a group of students from MIT, Chennai created a economic miniature chopper.. When they asked for approval to test the machine, DGCA didn't approved it.. Rather it recommended IAF pilots to test the vehicle...

I'll dig for that exact news...

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
May be an extended version of Chinese Toy helicopter... He's not even wearing pants.... :emot15:

Is that the real pic??
:emot15: i would love to shoot it down :angry_1: :emot15:

divya

Nothing is so funny here. It was a sort of science project and no one in pakistan might have ever done such a project. I still remember my college guys designing a car out of nowwhere. but can that compete even nano. No it cant. so please avoid flaming comments. what about when we started with tejas. we came up with a prototype intially. success comes by steps not in bulk. Think before you post.

Parthy

Air Warrior
Nothing is so funny here. It was a sort of science project and no one in pakistan might have ever done such a project. I still remember my college guys designing a car out of nowwhere. but can that compete even nano. No it cant. so please avoid flaming comments. what about when we started with tejas. we came up with a prototype intially. success comes by steps not in bulk. Think before you post.
No wrong in the steps they'd done to produce things by their own... But the hype provided in the news...

"We have a plan to build 80 helicopters, which we intend to sell to public sector forces," he added.
It is something like, blowing a hot-balloon and saying we are planning to watch the weather from heights.... :emot15:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
It is a laughable matter coz it was designated for military use..

Further claims of 17000ft?!

Such craft have no use in military operation not even recce..
And PA is using it!

Now should I laugh or not?

divya

No wrong in the steps they'd done to produce things by their own... But the hype provided in the news...

It is something like, blowing a hot-balloon and saying we are planning to watch the weather from heights.... :emot15:

well hype is obivious when things are done for the first time.
and i am sure when they say producing 80 of them it wont be in the same naked mean machine form.

icecoolben

Give the guys a break, My college project helicopter never managed to fly 10 feet. Finally We exhibitted it as proof of digital control in testing phase that can fly with a powerful engine. This stuff is hardwork give us engineers a break.

Oracle

I can shoot it down with my catapult! That's not a helicopter, that's a rafter that will help em' downstream when I shoot em' down. Typical sissies!

Pintu

well hype is obivious when things are done for the first time.
First of all, I wish to congratulate 3 Pakistani students to come up with such projects, though whatever the outcome be, any first step should be welcomed.

This is clearly a 'Hype' and most probably a 'Over Hype' from the Media, for the first time I have had the headline, frankly speaking I better expected a light helicopter from PAC, Kamra, but I am clearly disappointed. This is simply light year behind a standard 'Helicopter Technology' to surviving the competitive market of Civilian and Military Helicopter for public use of both transportation and military use , rather this is a Ragtag version of Autogyro, [please check for the more details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autogyro, or just an effort to build an Autogyro or Gyrocopter , when it is not used widely even in the USA, or any developed world, or its mother country Spain, also one of the most widely used model now have been stopped being produced 10 years ago, with 2 variants even failed to commercially successful, way back in 60s. Now , going to the top at the height 17000 ft, not a surprise for me, there are the previous records of Autogyro , managed to cross 18000 ft. Now, 90 lakh Rupees, must be expended for either manufacturing the parts locally or just the boys imported them from the USA , and assembled them locally, I think no Govt. would better give the trio financial & institutional help for the project , when they are vying for a 'nearly outdated technology'.

Private sector engineers plan to go for serial production of the helicopter. "We plan to develop the helicopter for ambulance and security operations", said Mujibur Rehman Khan, a retired air force officer.
"Traditional helicopters have a stick-to-head, a mechanical system, so when the pilot moves the stick a mechanical system moves the push-pull rods on the rotor system.
"We have a fly-by-wire system, where the control of the pilot goes into the electronics of the aircraft and then ultimately moves the swash plate or the control rod servos. It's like driving a car with a joystick rather than a steering wheel."
The helicopter has been built at the cost of nine million rupees. "We have a plan to build 80 helicopters, which we intend to sell to public sector forces," he added.
and i am sure when they say producing 80 of them it wont be in the same naked mean machine form.
Please check the comments of the Retd. officer , why is so blah blah from him, Auto gyro concept is nothing new, its nothing but a ploy to have media attention. They are for 'Serial Production' of this Autogyro, straightaway , even they have marked 80 nos. for there target sell. I am simply not that sure, that they will now ever go for extensive research on this gyrocopter concept to change the appearance to a Helicopter concept, therefore I can not support your opinion regarding this. Practically speaking, it mere looks like three of them just going to make a hard cash for selling this outdated concept.

Now, what purpose of this gyrocopter would be , and who will have them, most probably some fashionable elite. a. Medical Ambulance: I do not see any possibility to use it for Air Ambulance, since it can accommodate only one person. b. Reconnaissance : Not feasible, good seating duck for target practice, and Pakistan itself having a base for making UAV. So who will buy them, or would the possible buyers be Terrorists who can exploit it for bombing ? I'm not so sure about which Public Sector Force, he is talking about.

Rather , GoP would better put this project under scanner.

Regards

PS: Simply this is just an opinion from me, anybody has the right to has the different opinion.

divya

First of all, I wish to congratulate 3 Pakistani students to come up with such projects, though whatever the outcome be, any first step should be welcomed.

This is clearly a 'Hype' and most probably a 'Over Hype' from the Media, for the first time I have had the headline, frankly speaking I better expected a light helicopter from PAC, Kamra, but I am clearly disappointed. This is simply light year behind a standard 'Helicopter Technology' to surviving the competitive market of Civilian and Military Helicopter for public use of both transportation and military use , rather this is a Ragtag version of Autogyro, [please check for the more details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autogyro, or just an effort to build an Autogyro or Gyrocopter , when it is not used widely even in the USA, or any developed world, or its mother country Spain, also one of the most widely used model now have been stopped being produced 10 years ago, with 2 variants even failed to commercially successful, way back in 60s. Now , going to the top at the height 17000 ft, not a surprise for me, there are the previous records of Autogyro , managed to cross 18000 ft. Now, 90 lakh Rupees, must be expended for either manufacturing the parts locally or just the boys imported them from the USA , and assembled them locally, I think no Govt. would better give the trio financial & institutional help for the project , when they are vying for a 'nearly outdated technology'.

Please check the comments of the Retd. officer , why is so blah blah from him, Auto gyro concept is nothing new, its nothing but a ploy to have media attention. They are for 'Serial Production' of this Autogyro, straightaway , even they have marked 80 nos. for there target sell. I am simply not that sure, that they will now ever go for extensive research on this gyrocopter concept to change the appearance to a Helicopter concept, therefore I can not support your opinion regarding this. Practically speaking, it mere looks like three of them just going to make a hard cash for selling this outdated concept.

Now, what purpose of this gyrocopter would be , and who will have them, most probably some fashionable elite. a. Medical Ambulance: I do not see any possibility to use it for Air Ambulance, since it can accommodate only one person. b. Reconnaissance : Not feasible, good seating duck for target practice, and Pakistan itself having a base for making UAV. So who will buy them, or would the possible buyers be Terrorists who can exploit it for bombing ? I'm not so sure about which Public Sector Force, he is talking about.

Rather , GoP would better put this project under scanner.

Regards

PS: Simply this is just an opinion from me, anybody has the right to has the different opinion.
I agree to your point to a extent that yes it is hyped and looks like a copy of gyrocopter. though the claims seem to be exaggerating but yes they have done a promising thing. Rome wasnt built in day after all....

but your claims about terrorist using them well thats just funny being true. Giving them to terrorist will be most foolish step even Somalia would do exposing oneself to the world about being active in terrorism and giving live proofs. :angry_10:

Oracle

I agree to your point to a extent that yes it is hyped and looks like a copy of gyrocopter. though the claims seem to be exaggerating but yes they have done a promising thing. Rome wasnt built in day after all....

but your claims about terrorist using them well thats just funny being true. Giving them to terrorist will be most foolish step even Somalia would do exposing oneself to the world about being active in terrorism and giving live proofs. :angry_10:
With all due respect ma'am, Pakistan is the most desperate state trying to create unrest in India through proxies. Pakistan doesn't even spare it's new born babies teaching them Jihadim. Home Minister did talk of para-gliders being bought by the LeT for aerial attacks in India after 26/11, no? If there were no credible evidence, Mr. Chidambaram would not had made that comment. However funny Mr. Pintu's comments may seem to be, the truth of threat perception cannot be marginalised, when we are talking about Jihadim's from Pakistan.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Shouldn't this thread fall under Jokes and chitChat section?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles