First knock India out then celebrate: Bangladesh coach to team

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Press Trust of India
Last updated on Monday, 19 March 2012 19:31

Mirpur: The win against World Champions India would mean nothing if you will not defeat Sri Lanka, Bangladesh coach Stuart Law has told his wards.

The hosts have a chance to reach the Asia Cup final for the first time if they beat Sri Lanka on Tuesday.

If Bangladesh win, they will be tied on eight points with India but will go through to the final since they had beaten India in the league stage.

Law said he wants his boys to continue with the momentum and get the better of Sri Lanka. "It's very important for us as a group after all the hard work we have put in for this tournament. We didn't have a great preparation time but it has been intense. To win against India, the current world champions, is a feather in our cap. However, we've still got a very important game and if we don't win that game [against Sri Lanka], the win the other night won't matter," Law said.

"I'm just trying to tell the boys, 'Yesterday was fantastic but it means nothing; we've got to win the game against Sri Lanka and get to the final'. After the Asia Cup, we can celebrate and look back at fond memories," Law was quoted as saying by local media.

Law, who was part of Sri Lanka's support staff when they lost to India in the World Cup final last year, said he cherished the moment of beating India on Friday.

"Last year I was there with Sri Lanka and we got beaten, so to be part of the team that beats the world champions, reverse the dose the other night and have our fans go berserk and seeing the people line the roads. We didn't get home till midnight. It was something that I wanted to take in," he said.

Law emphasised on the virtue of talking to great players if one wants to improve but rued that his players do not get much opportunity to play international cricket..

"You have to practice for a purpose. Talking is a big part of learning. These boys have access to the greatest players in the world in this tournament. If I was them, I'd be picking someone's brains: guys like Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene and Sachin Tendulkar. I've seen them from close quarters and they're more than willing to talk. That's the only issue I have with the Bangladesh cricket team: we don't play enough international cricket," he said.
Story first published on: Monday, 19 March 2012 19:20

First knock India out then celebrate: Bangladesh coach to team | News | NDTVSports.com

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Sri Lankan players are playing like lazy as###les.

Last edited:

Blackwater

Lanka is taking revenge of India's voting in UN. Tamils of India force India to loose..

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
They are going to cheat us... I am also sticking to Lankans telling players to deliberately lose to knock out India over our stand on Human rights issue..

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
SL: 113/3 (30.5 Ovs)..

Yepp.. this is deliberate play..

Blackwater

They are going to cheat us... I am also sticking to Lankans telling players to deliberately lose to knock out India over our stand on Human rights issue..

we can clearly see lankans are not playing normally. bastards

Blackwater

BCCI should ---- lankan board ass. bared any team playing in lanka.

IPL should bared lankan players from IPL.let them rot with pakis in BPL

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Lankans are taking revenge against India by loosing themselves..!:rofl:

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
SL 204/8 (46.0 Ovs)

This is clear cheating.. Most of the wickets gone by simple & childish styles.. Catch was given straight to hands as if practising catching..

Cheaters should be isolated... Now only hope in Malinga..

India deserved this.. In Tri-Series & Asia Cup we asked Srilanka's mercy & got shamed & humiliated ... Our bowlers are the culprits. That Dinda thing is another Sreesanth..

Last edited:

Blackwater

mother ----er lankan playing deliberately bakwas .one can see malinga drop catch, no field placing,malinga has not given oppurtunity still he has 5 overs left

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles