First export of the LCH to Sri Lanka?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

And do you know the Strategic advantage in formation of Tamil Eelam with the Northern and Eastern provinces being a client state of India ? Much more than the previous one.And that was exactly why Indira Gandhi supported the Tamil Eelam movement which her foolish son went back on.

These people laid their lives in the line of fire during the 1971 war when the blocked the runways of Anuradhapura airport which the Sinhalese had given to the Pakistanis for logistics.

Poor you. Brush up your history.
No I do not. You can move there for sure, if you are granted a visa, which is highly unlikely. :pound:

KS

Bye bye DFI
No I do not. You can move there for sure, if you are granted a visa, which is highly unlikely. :pound:
There again going back to inanities when left with nothing else to argue.:wave:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
This is something the Srilankan cheerleaders here conveniently ignore.

Once the LTTE started fighting IPKF, the arms supply from India was mostly cut-off by Indian security establishment. Its believed that the SL govt gave weapons to LTTE to fight the IA, the Lankan govt thought the battle between LTTE and IA would weaken both and the SLA can defeat the LTTE after IA left, ofcourse things didn't work out that way.
India concern was the US or Brit naval base in srilanka that time, to control matters better IPFK sended to make LTTE non aggressive so does Srilankan forces, what we want two states with IPFK presence controlling both, But Element in Srilankan Gov not only pass our Intel to them but also made Negative PR abt us which ultimately turn the tide against us, We lost so many coz always enemy somehow know abt our location and plans, We lost lots of CO and major military official in coordinate LTTE ambushes, Ambushes were made inside our territory, At end when we know we cannot share intel with them then they thread us to attack in other words if they attack WE will retaliate and they have a excuse to call UN for support ( Americans and Brits ), We knew we already lost the war, We had to move back..

Today Srilanka still thread us, They even allow Chinese to have a base in their country, what we don't want and they also thread us like they will be totally pro Chinese which will allow chines to place anything they like just what they are doing in south tibet..

India is trying hard enough to win over srilankans, LTTE elimination success was due to Indian Intel and Chinese weapon and training..

End of the Story..

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Why did we care when the Pakistanis were raping the East Bengalis in 1971 ? For the same bloody reason.
Because they went to war with us before, and claim a part of Indian land.

They are India's enemy, Sri Lanka is not.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Because they went to war with us before, and claim a part of Indian land.

They are India's enemy, Sri Lanka is not.
Do you know Sri Lanka allowed the Pakistanis to use Anuradhapura Air base for their logistics/commercial supplies and as such were on the enemy camp in 1971 war and it was the SL Tamils who blocked out the runway in support of India ?

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
and also murdered an Indian prime minister.

I will support innocent tamils but not the likes of ltte.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Do you know Sri Lanka allowed the Pakistanis to use Anuradhapura Air base for their logistics/commercial supplies and as such were on the enemy camp in 1971 war and it was the SL Tamils who blocked out the runway in support of India ?
Ya, India wasn't a perfect angel to Sri Lanka either back then.

I don't want India to bother Sri Lanka. Work for a stable neighborhood, not add another enemy to the list. Its silly, and will work against India later on.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Ya, India wasn't a perfect angel to Sri Lanka either back then.

I don't want India to bother Sri Lanka. Work for a stable neighborhood, not add another enemy to the list. Its silly, and will work against India later on.
We (India) did not fire the first shot. That should be clear to everyone

Indian support for LTTE started only after Sri Lanka's support to US and Pakistan in the 1971 war AGAINST India.

Sri Lanka, a nation that by the admission of these very people threaten every now and then to join the China camp can never be a true friend. Actually SL is a good practice ground for Indian aggressive foreign policies.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
And do you know the Strategic advantage in formation of Tamil Eelam with the Northern and Eastern provinces being a client state of India ? Much more than the previous one.And that was exactly why Indira Gandhi supported the Tamil Eelam movement which her foolish son went back on and paid his life for.

These people laid their lives in the line of fire during the 1971 war when they blocked the runways of Anuradhapura airport which the Sinhalese had given to the Pakistanis for logistics.

Poor you. Brush up your history.:lol:
Seems like your judgement is clouded by being a Tamil. The call for Eelam by the tamils in the late 1960s was the spark that started the war. Indira Gandhi started "supporting" the eelam movement as a way of getting support from MGR, who was a borderline tamil supremacist and separatist himself.
As for creating Eelam and a client state from a country like SL, who is a friendly state - it just goes to show how biased you are ...

Phenom

Why would you care? They are not Indians, let SL Govt. deal with them.

If you want the sovereignty of India intact, you also should not involve in the matters of a foreign country.
We care because they are our (Tamil) brothers, they speak the same language as us, they eat the same food as us, and they have the same culture as us, they are us, expect the fact that they are separated from us by a strait. Just because we became Indians doesn't mean we have to forgo every other identity we have.

also we care for the same reason that Punjabis cared, when France imposed a turban ban on their country, it was even taken up with the French at Prime ministerial level. Ironic that a turban ban can be taken up, but genocide can't.

And about Bangladesh, just look up why Bangladesh considers Jyothi Basu a hero, the Delhi babus may have been thinking about Strategic level, the Bengalis wanted the genocide of their brethren killed, find out when and why WB celebrated Language Matyrs Day. I really appreciate the Bengalis, they managed to stop the massacre of their ethnic kin, where we clearly failed.

Last edited:

Phenom

Indira Gandhi started "supporting" the eelam movement as a way of getting support from MGR, who was a borderline tamil supremacist and separatist himself.
:confused: you do know that MGR is a native Malayalee right?.

As for creating Eelam and a client state from a country like SL, who is a friendly state - it just goes to show how biased you are ...
Its a friendly state to you, not to me, not to the 5 crore Tamils and certainly not to the fishermen who got their throat slit. If you consider them freindly it shows how much you care about yuor countrymen in TN.

p2prada

Its a friendly state to you, not to me, not to the 5 crore Tamils and certainly not to the fishermen who got their throat slit. If you consider them freindly it shows how much you care about yuor countrymen in TN.
Huh. I am not keeping up with news regarding SL. So, which fisherman got his throat slit? What were the circumstances?

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Read my post again, i didnt mention saying it required a Amphibious assault ship tp operate but support amphibious assault..

Besides Navy issued a RFI for 6 Amphibious docks of 200ms..

By a Senior Naval Officer, idrw.org reputation is well known.. :)

Obseravation is imporatant as its in devlopment phase there cant be any conformation yet coz its in 'development phase'

It will take 5-6 years to have all the necessity materiel for a Amphibious assault group, also by that time Viraat will operating..

By that time its upto navy to induct more harriers or Naval LCH as supplement..
So when did I said that to develop N-LCH without observation? The question and discussion was on the time frame and actual development work for the naval variant.

And if IN will be inducting N-LCH then today or tomorrow, it will require an AAS. Because as far as transport is concerned then it is okay with regular vessals with a single helipad but when it comes to a dedicated assault with marines and heli`s then AAS IS COMPULSARY.

p2prada

If the Navy killed the fisherman, then who are the witnesses? Did it happen in broad daylight in front of other fishermen? Have the injured fishermen return home? The article says the Sri Lankan Navy has rubbished the report. I hardly believe the killings would have occurred in front of a number of witnesses which can be used in court.

For all we know this could be a dispute between smugglers or a turf war over blood money. It is common for smugglers to wear army fatigues and pass off as soldiers or sailors to scare away fishermen right since the LTTE times.

If the witnesses for the murder were the 2 injured fishermen, then there is a chance they are hiding their own crimes by passing off a gang war as a targeted killing by the SL Navy. If you can answer these questions then there could be more scope for extrapolation.

There have been many cases where the BSF or Rashtriya Rifles have killed 13 year olds in cases of mistaken identity. So, the SL firing on fishermen may have been a similar case. There was also a report that when the IN intercepted a Pirate Mothership near Somalia, they blew it up along with Thai fishermen. So, we rarely know the true causes of these situations.

We cannot take incidents of attacks on fishermen at face value of claims and accusations made. Many reports are mainly published to keep the Tamil-Sinhalese situation alive constantly to further their own cause. The LTTE is gone which is good news for the Sinhalese and very good news for the SL Tamils. They have a chance for a better future now, and we can use that to further our own goals without bringing in emotion and pride into our plans.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
So when did I said that to develop N-LCH without observation? The question and discussion was on the time frame and actual development work for the naval variant.

And if IN will be inducting N-LCH then today or tomorrow, it will require an AAS. Because as far as transport is concerned then it is okay with regular vessals with a single helipad but when it comes to a dedicated assault with marines and heli`s then AAS IS COMPULSARY.
You misunderstood my post..

I never mentioned you didn't said without observation, What i said its under observation as it should be..

And i have mention already abt every thing regarding time frame etc, in my post..

Regarding AAS ( armed aerial scout ) its abt chetak or Naval Dhruv not LCH..

All the info is in post, read it..

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Regarding AAS ( armed aerial scout ) its abt chetak or Naval Dhruv not LCH..
Misunderstanding is on the way sir. :D From AAS I meant Amphibious Assault Ship.
And I have read all your posts twice. But I just want to say that we must not get so much excited for those projects which are still under considerations.Lets first wait for the basic LCH to roll out on to Army and Air-Force then if the needs prevail, MoD must go for it other variants. DRDO and HAL has a LOT OF work to do in this decade so lets have patience. It would be wrong to expect everything from them in a short time frame.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Misunderstanding is on the way sir. :D From AAS I meant Amphibious Assault Ship.
And I have read all your posts twice. But I just want to say that we must not get so much excited for those projects which are still under considerations.Lets first wait for the basic LCH to roll out on to Army and Air-Force then if the needs prevail, MoD must go for it other variants. DRDO and HAL has a LOT OF work to do in this decade so lets have patience. It would be wrong to expect everything from them in a short time frame.

Oh.. lol
Indeed misunderstood..

Btw, You gave missed somehow i have written LCH as supplement in my posts almost all of them..
I gave you the reason why HAL is going for Naval LCH, So does depleting harrier fleet in IN also Royal Navy..

I would love to have more harriers than supplementing LCH, But as the things are not this ways that's why i have posted links of Apache is being operated on brit carriers and interview of RN official abt Why ?..

Both RN and IN suffering from lack of harriers and Inducing or planing to Induce Gunships as supplement..

^^Bold part mentioned why IN may considered LCH and Why HAL is working Naval LCH..

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
If the Navy killed the fisherman, then who are the witnesses? Did it happen in broad daylight in front of other fishermen? Have the injured fishermen return home? The article says the Sri Lankan Navy has rubbished the report. I hardly believe the killings would have occurred in front of a number of witnesses which can be used in court.

For all we know this could be a dispute between smugglers or a turf war over blood money. It is common for smugglers to wear army fatigues and pass off as soldiers or sailors to scare away fishermen right since the LTTE times.

If the witnesses for the murder were the 2 injured fishermen, then there is a chance they are hiding their own crimes by passing off a gang war as a targeted killing by the SL Navy. If you can answer these questions then there could be more scope for extrapolation.

There have been many cases where the BSF or Rashtriya Rifles have killed 13 year olds in cases of mistaken identity. So, the SL firing on fishermen may have been a similar case. There was also a report that when the IN intercepted a Pirate Mothership near Somalia, they blew it up along with Thai fishermen. So, we rarely know the true causes of these situations.

We cannot take incidents of attacks on fishermen at face value of claims and accusations made. Many reports are mainly published to keep the Tamil-Sinhalese situation alive constantly to further their own cause. The LTTE is gone which is good news for the Sinhalese and very good news for the SL Tamils. They have a chance for a better future now, and we can use that to further our own goals without bringing in emotion and pride into our plans.
Exactly,
there are cases of Bangladeshi cattle smugglers being shot at by BSF and retaliatory firing on WB farmers by BDR. That does not result in calls for war between India ad Bangladesh.

Mr Phenom, As for MGR, he was a "dravidian" supremacist, if it is any consolation to you ...
The Tamils who asked for Eelam in SL are also the ones who wanted to separate from India and have a Dravidian nation of their own. Their grand vision was to have a Dravidian nation spanning the southern part of Indian peninsula and the north and east of SL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles